Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DiRT Rally - Winter Wonderland and Version 1.0 update

jennyannem

function9 said:
bogani said:
Yep snowbanks in monte is def in. Just make sure there isn't a stone wall behind the snow though ;)
Yeah, I've never seen the Swedish stage outside of winter. I never realized there was a brick wall that lines most of the stage right underneath the snow.
Elaborate?  I'm pretty blown away how great and realistic the snowbanks feel.  Why do you say that?
function9 said:
bogani said:
Yep snowbanks in monte is def in. Just make sure there isn't a stone wall behind the snow though ;)
Yeah, I've never seen the Swedish stage outside of winter. I never realized there was a brick wall that lines most of the stage right underneath the snow.
I was talking about Monte, not Sweden.
griev0r said:
Elaborate?  I'm pretty blown away how great and realistic the snowbanks feel.  Why do you say that?
If you do more than brush up against the snow, it's the same old behavior of a rock being thrown against a concrete wall. It's like Wales with a shallow layer of snow over the banks. The car doesn't absorb any bumps or impacts from the side. Hit something head on, and the car will behave more or less how you'd expect it to. Slightly bump a bank (Wales/Greece/etc) and immediately be propelled into an uncontrollable slide.

What's interesting is many here will say there's still a bit too much lateral grip. But, when you tap a bank/berm/etc, it's like you're on a sheet of ice all of a sudden. No grip to speak of, as if the behavior was intentionally designed that way. And it's about as silly as the punctures from landings.
bogani said:
I was talking about Monte, not Sweden.
And I was talking about Sweden. ;)

Hmm i think a couple of posts were removed here...
Not by me...                                                                                          
Well, probably for the best either way, one was innocent, but sparked an edgy one by myself.

function9 said:......... And it's about as silly as the punctures from landings.........
Now now, we already confirmed that's a real thing.  The only possible issue with that is the damage to tyres appears to be cumulative, meaning that you might mostly bin one over 'oh crap' jump, and then a fairly small jump later will finish it off.

function9 said:......... And it's about as silly as the punctures from landings.........
Now now, we already confirmed that's a real thing.  The only possible issue with that is the damage to tyres appears to be cumulative, meaning that you might mostly bin one over 'oh crap' jump, and then a fairly small jump later will finish it off.
I never even considered it working like that before. If accurate, it would explain so much.
For it to work more realistically (for tyre damage in this way) it would need to have a 'one shot' amount of damage in one go, or cumulative with a kind of cool down on it.

For tyres to blow out on damage, it needs to be x amount of force exceeded in one hit/incident, it would still need cumulative for general wear/knocks etc, but landing damage type would need it's own damage type, i think other games would implement it that way; damage from landing using the amount of force exceeds X in one go to blow them, and the regular cumulative version currently modeled for side swipes/skidding etc.
Im not so sure, I have killed them in Kontinjarvi on the first jump 4 corners in!  If you kinda nurse it over that one and the Yellow house jump, the rest don't really take their toll despite being flat in 6th :)
KevM said:
Course you can, exactly!  But not so sure on the cumulative thing being the case
Oh, and nor can i, however from what i've been observing during play in Finland, it seems to feel that way, when i know i've taken some huge hits to the tyres early on, and then later merely touched down gently/grazed something, and a tyre has blown right out.  Or when i've had another tyre go very shortly after just repairing another and i'm being extra careful to try and finish.

Anyway, just the clues :)
Really nice work guys!
Im not that much of a racing guy but this game is great! <3

Some things that need to be fixed is:
  • The trees in greece flicker. (small artifacts in general)
  • The gear lights on g29 are not supported.
  • A glitch where the background in the menu doesn't cover all screens when alt-tabbing using 3 monitors.
Its a wonderful game and I love it and am so glad the devs took a chance and passionately made us this game :)

I have to say that without a doubt the V2 cars have fixed the horrible tarmac physics and Im enjoying Germany and Monaco more than ever!

Drifting is so much easier and predictable, making it so much more fun especially on tighter bends and hairpins.

Even though it took a while, I think the devs really delivered on this one. So a big thankyou to them for not ignoring this and making a really important improvement to this game. It was seriously needed to elevate the game from good to great and even though it was probably a lot of hard work it was totally worth it.

Overall the cars feel noticebly better on all surfaces too, with the weight and handling of the cars feeling more realistic and easier. Making them easier to drive and also easier to predict car behaviour.

I really hope they are still going to fix the aerodynamic issues that make the cars do crazy unrealistic jumps? Especially in Finland! @Hatward said that @Kickup will be back on Monday and so hopefully that means we'll get a Dirt Show soon after and they will hopefully confirm this.

Im hoping they might also hint as to wether new DLC is planned (ie new countries) but it seems like they are going to wait until the console version is released in early April 2016 before they decide to anounce if there will be new DLC.

But even though they will be hard at work on the console release for the next few months, Im still hoping they will be working on fixes and even important tweaks and additions to the PC version.

If they dont just abandon it and decide to build on thier success with new countries then I think this could turn out to be one of the best driving games ever made, if not the best. Especially if they continue to fix other things, (Big) like the replays and (Small) like the flickering tree foliage etc.

Two other things that they should really consider is a full gravel version of Pikes Peak and allowing all cars on all stages. Meaning we can drive every car up Pikes Peak and race every car on the RallyX Circuits!

Seriously, how awesome would that be!? Mini Cooper Derby Mayhem! Wether its strictly realistic or not doesn't really matter, this game is about having fun and just those 2 changes would imensely increase my enjoyment of this game!

Well done to the devs for all thier hard work and success! But dont stop here guys, keep going....and onto finish :smiley: 

Archived