Jump to content Jump to content

New Win11 install - game won't launch

Dan

Go to solution Solved by Dan,

Using Steam. DR2 worked great on Win10. I bought a new computer that has Win11 on it, and now the game won't launch. I've re-installed it, checked the integrity, etc. It also downloaded the windows redistributable.

It says VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll cannot be found, and need to be re-installed. How do I do this?

• Solution

I figured it out. I had to redownload the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC with the x64 version and repair my installation. Now DR2 works! Maybe having the game download the x86 version is messing it up on Win11. You guys should check that out.

(Also, I went from an nVidia GT 1030 to an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, and it's like I'm playing a completely different game!  🙂

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 4:53 AM, Dan said:

I figured it out. I had to redownload the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC with the x64 version and repair my installation. Now DR2 works! Maybe having the game download the x86 version is messing it up on Win11. You guys should check that out.

(Also, I went from an nVidia GT 1030 to an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, and it's like I'm playing a completely different cookie clicker game!  🙂

I also encountered a similar situation. And I did like you, thank you so much.

Edited by helened

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This forum is amazing and there is a lot of useful content here. Companies can use this content to further improve the quality of disposable nitrile gloves even though they have not received any complaints about them yet. However, there is still room for improvement. foodle