Jump to content Jump to content

1.0 This is NOT a finished product, really bored


termi88

Recommended Posts

I'm really bored about this sim; I have it since from the firsts build of Early Access program, but there are still bugs and basic things that never changed.

Driving feels totally unnatural, feedback is really bad with G27, car reactions really strange in most cases, unplayable.


Here also a list of bugs never solved, from the first time:

-sometimes game starts on window without a reason, sometimes you can alt-tab and sometimes you have to change again video settings

-more than an half of time, keyboard get TOTALLY stucked, and you have to reboot pc to make it work again

-you can't save replay and manage it with ur mouse (is a PC GAME)

-tell me if G27 is really supported, because looks like there is a part missing from ffb effect, car is totally unpredictable, feels unnatural

--> ffb looks dead except when an effect occur; example: fast turn, if you don't have any bump ffb is totally DEAD, on a main straight the same, and when you get a bump or something here it comes alive, but with unwanted reactions that you can control at all, with wheel bouncing side to side. -.-

And also if you watch replay looks like you're driving with a gamepad, with wheels moving left to right instantly (and i don't think it's just a graphical issue, but it's related to bad force feedback things).

(i tried tons of settings, custom xml, reinstalled game a lot of times, nothing changed)

-hillclimb mode? Problems x10, trying to drive a ultra powerful car without any kind of physics rule. SO BAD

-rally cross? A joke, just license to attract more users, because RX it's a increasing business nowadays.

-stages? Really short and not so accurate if you watch real onboard cam.


I come from years of sim: ir, assettocorsa, pcars, rbr, but this is TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE to me.

After every update i want try to see what's changed, but i rage quit over 1 or 2 stages at maximum, it's one of the worst sim experience i had recently (also Others games in beta was better with Handling).  V2 physics doesnt help so much, the main problem to me is the Handling/ffb and it's a basic thing to a sim. Good sound and visual, licenses, but really BAD driving experience.


Only one thing more to say? in dirt rally seems you're drunk trying to drive a car, and you can't do it well, of course.

I hope it will be better BEFORE the release, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KevM said:
KevM said:
You need a wheel setup.  Works fine here with a G27, nice and intuitive         
Can you share your settings please?
Try these @franklyshankly
 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/133240#Comment_133240


I remember to have try these settings before, i will give a check again, but the point is:

-why this game has no presets? g27 is the most common  wheel, and right settings are totally different from default, instead other games. It's bad things for us and for codemasters too, because you have to browse the forum to make game PLAYABLE?? Crazy stuff.

Codemasters must let me play "easily" from the first time .-. otherwise its a broken game for most of people..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

termi88 said:
Codemasters must let me play "easily" from the first time .-. otherwise its a broken game for most of people..
*Ekhem* Steam Workshop.

Also, you're complaining about setting up the FFB in a simulator, where the settings will basically depend on each and every single person individual preferences? Something that you call perfectly playable may be completely unplayable for someone else and vice versa.

If you really come from other simulator racers, then you should be fully aware that setting up FFB is the first thing you do in a sim racer.

Also, G27 has a FFB dead zone. Aka you don't get any FFB when the steering wheel is in dead centre. Not a game fault, it's the fault of the wheel itself.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight, You this PC sim racer god, or at least what it sounds like, actively prefers PCars and it's FFB settings menu over Dirts? Yeah, okay. :|
P.S. I've owned Pcars since it released, and now after 6 months of ownership, am let down by how needlessly complicated it is, and how absolutely none of the developers can seem to actually explain the settings. It's actively to the point where they tell the community to try and figure it out.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

termi88 said:
Codemasters must let me play "easily" from the first time .-. otherwise its a broken game for most of people..
*Ekhem* Steam Workshop.

Also, you're complaining about setting up the FFB in a simulator, where the settings will basically depend on each and every single person individual preferences? Something that you call perfectly playable may be completely unplayable for someone else and vice versa.

If you really come from other simulator racers, then you should be fully aware that setting up FFB is the first thing you do in a sim racer.

Also, G27 has a FFB dead zone. Aka you don't get any FFB when the steering wheel is in dead centre. Not a game fault, it's the fault of the wheel itself.

Forget about known dead center zone, which is a little problem in any other sim, and a big one here; this is not a matter of TASTE. Speakin' of simulation , the sensation has to be the most REALISTIC, not playable for someone or viceversa. If someone prefer heavier steering or lighter it's just a matter of taste; i've to start with most realistic settings, which can be done by game preset, but there is no single preset in game. I have to start from the most realistic settings by default, then do little adjustments; not trying to make this "playable" from the first time, because he feels bad by itself, not by my personale taste.

I don't have to find difficulties doing a basic wheel/ffb configuration just because it's a sim, as you said. A sim  doesn't mean you have to go crazy around forum to find a damn setting to make it working fine.

Simulator mean "trying to simulate the real life", not "hard to setup correctly the software" .-.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

termi88 said:

Forget about known dead center zone, which is a little problem in any other sim, and a big one here; this is not a matter of TASTE. Speakin' of simulation , the sensation has to be the most REALISTIC, not playable for someone or viceversa. If someone prefer heavier steering or lighter it's just a matter of taste; i've to start with most realistic settings, which can be done by game preset, but there is no single preset in game. I have to start from the most realistic settings by default, then do little adjustments; not trying to make this "playable" from the first time, because he feels bad by itself, not by my personale taste.

I don't have to find difficulties doing a basic wheel/ffb configuration just because it's a sim, as you said. A sim  doesn't mean you have to go crazy around forum to find a damn setting to make it working fine.

Simulator mean "trying to simulate the real life", not "hard to setup correctly the software" .-.

You do realize there's only like 5 setting to change right? I just reset my FFB post WW patch in about 15 minutes. Comparatively, it takes roughly an hour per car in PCars. It's really just not that complicated. Dirt Rally also only claimed to be authentic, not necessarily a simulator. If you don't like the game, then that's on you, but saying you hate it and it's awful because you won't take 15 minutes to change a few settings is absolutely stupid.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
termi88 said:

Forget about known dead center zone, which is a little problem in any other sim, and a big one here; this is not a matter of TASTE. Speakin' of simulation , the sensation has to be the most REALISTIC, not playable for someone or viceversa. If someone prefer heavier steering or lighter it's just a matter of taste; i've to start with most realistic settings, which can be done by game preset, but there is no single preset in game. I have to start from the most realistic settings by default, then do little adjustments; not trying to make this "playable" from the first time, because he feels bad by itself, not by my personale taste.

I don't have to find difficulties doing a basic wheel/ffb configuration just because it's a sim, as you said. A sim  doesn't mean you have to go crazy around forum to find a damn setting to make it working fine.

Simulator mean "trying to simulate the real life", not "hard to setup correctly the software" .-.

You do realize there's only like 5 setting to change right? I just reset my FFB post WW patch in about 15 minutes. Comparatively, it takes roughly an hour per car in PCars. It's really just not that complicated. Dirt Rally also only claimed to be authentic, not necessarily a simulator. If you don't like the game, then that's on you, but saying you hate it and it's awful because you won't take 15 minutes to change a few settings is absolutely stupid.
As i wrote on top, i tried suggested configuration, tried different settings starting from these settings. I've lost hours, i'm not a lazy person. But anyway its not decent yet to be playable at all. That's my only point,
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@termi88 try different drivers for your steering wheel, maybe thats the problem i just plug my wheel and it is perfectly ok, dont have to tweak it, i use the Logitech Profiler 5.1 try it, maybe it helps you  ;)
Profiler 5.1 already installed, g27 reinstalled. I don't think it's my wheel the problem, with assetto and pcars i know the limits of g27 but i can have a good experience without any problem. In dr it's a mix of ffb and bad physics :S because, pay attention to this guys. It's a common problem starting from the first builds, not just with latest update, there were changes and upgrade making things a bit better, but it's far from a stable driving experience. Here comes my delusion, something change but not improving at all, and now it's 1.0 "complete game".
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...