Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1.0 This is NOT a finished product, really bored

Recommended Posts

termi88 said:
JZStudios said:
termi88 said:

Forget about known dead center zone, which is a little problem in any other sim, and a big one here; this is not a matter of TASTE. Speakin' of simulation , the sensation has to be the most REALISTIC, not playable for someone or viceversa. If someone prefer heavier steering or lighter it's just a matter of taste; i've to start with most realistic settings, which can be done by game preset, but there is no single preset in game. I have to start from the most realistic settings by default, then do little adjustments; not trying to make this "playable" from the first time, because he feels bad by itself, not by my personale taste.

I don't have to find difficulties doing a basic wheel/ffb configuration just because it's a sim, as you said. A sim  doesn't mean you have to go crazy around forum to find a damn setting to make it working fine.

Simulator mean "trying to simulate the real life", not "hard to setup correctly the software" .-.

You do realize there's only like 5 setting to change right? I just reset my FFB post WW patch in about 15 minutes. Comparatively, it takes roughly an hour per car in PCars. It's really just not that complicated. Dirt Rally also only claimed to be authentic, not necessarily a simulator. If you don't like the game, then that's on you, but saying you hate it and it's awful because you won't take 15 minutes to change a few settings is absolutely stupid.
As i wrote on top, i tried suggested configuration, tried different settings starting from these settings. I've lost hours, i'm not a lazy person. But anyway its not decent yet to be playable at all. That's my only point,
To a degree, I'll say to each his own, but to another degree, there's probably a couple hundred people running with G series that would disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
Here comes my delusion, something change but not improving at all, and now it's 1.0 "complete game".
well I've found the problem.

In all seriousness, your problems with the physics doesn't make the game unplayable, it just sounds like you cant play it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
Here comes my delusion, something change but not improving at all, and now it's 1.0 "complete game".
well I've found the problem.

In all seriousness, your problems with the physics doesn't make the game unplayable, it just sounds like you cant play it


Funny. If you still believe that this can be called and selled as a "complete and final game" you're on the wrong way. My delusion is not only about force feedback by the way. This game have only good cars on the list, most of them sound again with totally fake sounds (like s4 and 037), due to bad tarmac things hillclimb is still useless, also because you cant use any car on pikes peak. Visually stages but no long distance (less details and more lenght would be good for a SIM). I hope it will improve by update, but at the momento, no, it's not a complete game.

And no, i can play it, i like difficut games but i don't like to play against wrong game mechanics and car reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If u happen to know someone with a Delta S4 or 037 who wants to give permission to the Codies to record them, please do so and they'll be happy to add the right sound to the game.
Bitching about it won't help, they are doing the best they can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why are there so you can produce replays when you want o see? + Can not watch their tirer on routes without having to drive ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
If u happen to know someone with a Delta S4 or 037 who wants to give permission to the Codies to record them, please do so and they'll be happy to add the right sound to the game.
Bitching about it won't help, they are doing the best they can

Help them? They got the money, they're not like than me man -.- With money and a professional job you can do everything. If you got Lancia license i think they give you an hand with technical data and material, it's not an amateur job to go and find a person with a car to analyze it. They got a musem with old cars lol -.-

Other sounds are really good, expecially the exaust, but this is really bad about Lancia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
sqdstr said:
If u happen to know someone with a Delta S4 or 037 who wants to give permission to the Codies to record them, please do so and they'll be happy to add the right sound to the game.
Bitching about it won't help, they are doing the best they can

Help them? They got the money, they're not like than me man -.- With money and a professional job you can do everything. If you got Lancia license i think they give you an hand with technical data and material, it's not an amateur job to go and find a person with a car to analyze it. They got a musem with old cars lol -.-

Other sounds are really good, expecially the exaust, but this is really bad about Lancia.

They've recorded a lot of cars, but you can't record then all. First you have to find a car, then you need permission to record it, which some people won't do for whatever reason, which puts you back to square one. Once you have got a car, you've then got to arrange a suitable time and place, then ship people and all the recording equipment (which they have lots of) out to the location. It is not as simple as you make it out to be. Plus recording cars isn't the only thing the sound guys are doing, they are busy guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I cant believe you are criticizing Dirt Rally sounds. Maybe one of the best apects of the title.

Yes, still real sounds to put it in on some cars, but what about the other that have the correct one?

sounds, eh... did you heard Gran turismo, assetto corsa, sebastien loeb or WRC5? (in example) THAT is a complete joke.

Anyway, bitching thread is bitching. Go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
I cant believe you are criticizing Dirt Rally sounds. Maybe one of the best apects of the title.

Yes, still real sounds to put it in on some cars, but what about the other that have the correct one?

sounds, eh... did you heard Gran turismo, assetto corsa, sebastien loeb or WRC5? (in example) THAT is a complete joke.

Anyway, bitching thread is bitching. Go on.

Sounds are great, I didn't say that! I just said that on Lancia S4 and 037 are FAKE; please read carefully ;)

Don't judge me for something i didn't say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
OzoreXS said:
I cant believe you are criticizing Dirt Rally sounds. Maybe one of the best apects of the title.

Yes, still real sounds to put it in on some cars, but what about the other that have the correct one?

sounds, eh... did you heard Gran turismo, assetto corsa, sebastien loeb or WRC5? (in example) THAT is a complete joke.

Anyway, bitching thread is bitching. Go on.

Sounds are great, I didn't say that! I just said that on Lancia S4 and 037 are FAKE; please read carefully ;)

Don't judge me for something i didn't say.

I read and undertood perfectly. Not only that cars have fake sounds... 

Both cars you mention are pending to record. Can you even imagine how much cost to find one of these and get the rights to record it?!! 

If anytime codemasters have the oportunity to record them, for sure they will do. Just like they did with the other hige amount of cars already done.

And for god shake, yes lacking real sound for S4 and 037 is fucking shame, and we was begging for them since months ago. not like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-
You're right here. He is funny. Your obvious trolling at this point though, isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm using a wheel with zero presets in any title I'm aware of. Dirt Rally works great with it but, the fundamentals have to be in place.

If you're using a Logi wheel and the base INI file is borked, you're going to have issues and inconsistencies. Allowing games to change any Global settings is asking for trouble. Start over with a clean config file (Logi INI) and clean install of the profiler and be 100% sure that "Allow Games to Change Settings" is NOT checked under Global Wheel Settings. Then, make a custom profile for Dirt Rally and allow it in there; then set up the wheel the way you want but, I recommend no spring, dampening, or center spring unless absolutely needed.

 From there, you can experiment with game FFB settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-
You're right here. He is funny. Your obvious trolling at this point though, isn't.

I wasted so much time that i can say Dirt Rally troll me .-. lot of hours trying to have a decent driving experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
termi88 said:
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-
You're right here. He is funny. Your obvious trolling at this point though, isn't.

I wasted so much time that i can say Dirt Rally troll me .-. lot of hours trying to have a decent driving experience.
To put it bluntly, that isn't a fault with the game. Sorry to come across as rude. 

There are certain issues with certain cars on tarmac rallies, but overall, the driving experience from this game is fantastic for roughly 98% of the people in the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
termi88 said:
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-
You're right here. He is funny. Your obvious trolling at this point though, isn't.

I wasted so much time that i can say Dirt Rally troll me .-. lot of hours trying to have a decent driving experience.
To put it bluntly, that isn't a fault with the game. Sorry to come across as rude. 

There are certain issues with certain cars on tarmac rallies, but overall, the driving experience from this game is fantastic for roughly 98% of the people in the community. 

98% in community here, which is maybe a maximum 10% of overall gamers who bought the game.

To me need to improve a lot, and i'm "angry" because it's a good way to put a good rally sim updated to our days with nice cars. I hope this is only the starting point to a better simulation ;) and not the final limit of this engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
termi88 said:
termi88 said:
termi88 said:
@termi88 is just a troll who doesnt know how to drive a rally Car and blame the game because of that, so guys dont bother anymore with this guy
Funny again -.-
You're right here. He is funny. Your obvious trolling at this point though, isn't.

I wasted so much time that i can say Dirt Rally troll me .-. lot of hours trying to have a decent driving experience.
To put it bluntly, that isn't a fault with the game. Sorry to come across as rude. 

There are certain issues with certain cars on tarmac rallies, but overall, the driving experience from this game is fantastic for roughly 98% of the people in the community. 

98% in community here, which is maybe a maximum 10% of overall gamers who bought the game.

To me need to improve a lot, and i'm "angry" because it's a good way to put a good rally sim updated to our days with nice cars. I hope this is only the starting point to a better simulation ;) and not the final limit of this engine.

Yeah, that's why I said community and not everybody ;) 
Generally, people who are in the community know what to expect from the game, in regards to learning curve and general difficulty. 

Guaranteed that if I went onto the Steam forums now there'll be people shouting for a refund because they didn't do their research before buying :D 
But of course, I'm not painting you as one of those people. 

What specifically are you having issues with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@termi88 watch steam comments, there are really good 92% really liked the game according to steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@termi88 watch steam comments, there are really good 92% really liked the game according to steam

92% of people that put a review or comments it's not the overall customers thinkings ;) by the way i'm here not for a refund, i've used the game. I hope it will improve more ;) over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×