DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1.0 This is NOT a finished product, really bored

Yeah, that's why I said community and not everybody ;) 
Generally, people who are in the community know what to expect from the game, in regards to learning curve and general difficulty. 

Guaranteed that if I went onto the Steam forums now there'll be people shouting for a refund because they didn't do their research before buying :D 
But of course, I'm not painting you as one of those people. 

What specifically are you having issues with? 

As written on first post i'm having first problem with unsolved bug from the first time:

(created post into forum)

- usb keyboard Always get stucked and i have to reboot pc

- game Always start windowed at reboot

- problem with force feedback also after reinstalling game, system, and drivers; am i the only one wrong or everybody like it as it is? Because all of you maybe are satisfied enough and cannot understand that than be improved; taking the game as it is now and nothing else.

termi88 said:
Yeah, that's why I said community and not everybody ;) 
Generally, people who are in the community know what to expect from the game, in regards to learning curve and general difficulty. 

Guaranteed that if I went onto the Steam forums now there'll be people shouting for a refund because they didn't do their research before buying :D 
But of course, I'm not painting you as one of those people. 

What specifically are you having issues with? 

As written on first post i'm having first problem with unsolved bug from the first time:

(created post into forum)

- usb keyboard Always get stucked and i have to reboot pc

- game Always start windowed at reboot

- problem with force feedback also after reinstalling game, system, and drivers; am i the only one wrong or everybody like it as it is? Because all of you maybe are satisfied enough and cannot understand that than be improved; taking the game as it is now and nothing else.

They seem to be issues that are unfortunately only experience by the unlucky few! 
I suppose the only thing you can do is to sit tight and wait for assistance, if it is a problem game side, and not with your PC.

You're making a lot of assumptions and claims that lead nowhere and don't make much sense anyways. You have a couple of bugs so the game is incomplete? That doesn't make any sense. Sure, they need to figure it out and get a solution, but it doesn't make the game incomplete. Fake car sounds? A lot of these cars i.e. the 037 are old, rare, and obviously no longer in production. Assuming Lancia still even owns one, it's highly doubtful it actually runs. Lancia gave permissions to use the car, they're not obligated in any way to actually help CM do anything with it. Let's also remember that DR is essentially a test game, and had a rather small budget. There are some things like the replay system, which apparently somehow, is limited by the game engine. It still doesn't make the game incomplete, you just don't like it. Time and time and time and time again CM and the DR crew have said that certain things aren't possible due to engine limitations, which again leads back to it essentially being a test game with a much smaller budget. Same goes for stage length. Let's also note that at the end of the day, most people might not want to play a 20-30 minute long rally stage. That's just how it is. CM did a good job on making the sprints nice and short, and the long stages around 8-12 minutes. All of your "points" in your arguments are basically invalid, and have been discussed many, many, many times before. The game is finished, as far as content goes, but they could still use a few patches. You're expecting perfection, which isn't going to happen.

JZStudios said:
You're making a lot of assumptions and claims that lead nowhere and don't make much sense anyways. You have a couple of bugs so the game is incomplete? That doesn't make any sense. Sure, they need to figure it out and get a solution, but it doesn't make the game incomplete. Fake car sounds? A lot of these cars i.e. the 037 are old, rare, and obviously no longer in production. Assuming Lancia still even owns one, it's highly doubtful it actually runs. Lancia gave permissions to use the car, they're not obligated in any way to actually help CM do anything with it. Let's also remember that DR is essentially a test game, and had a rather small budget. There are some things like the replay system, which apparently somehow, is limited by the game engine. It still doesn't make the game incomplete, you just don't like it. Time and time and time and time again CM and the DR crew have said that certain things aren't possible due to engine limitations, which again leads back to it essentially being a test game with a much smaller budget. Same goes for stage length. Let's also note that at the end of the day, most people might not want to play a 20-30 minute long rally stage. That's just how it is. CM did a good job on making the sprints nice and short, and the long stages around 8-12 minutes. All of your "points" in your arguments are basically invalid, and have been discussed many, many, many times before. The game is finished, as far as content goes, but they could still use a few patches. You're expecting perfection, which isn't going to happen.

JZStudios said:
Agree with this 100% Everytime a game is released, there is always people who complain. Everyone has different tastes but it's impossible to please someone who expects perfection because it's not possible.

Although this sort of thing is to be expected with a game like DR. This game has quite a niche audience, you really have to enjoy the actual driving and the challenge that comes with it, most gamers these days want to grind for unlocks or achievements, they want instant gratification and a difficult game like DR is not going to give that to them.

I feel honored to receive the prestigious Shia LaBeouf clapping award. I'm so glad to present you all with a single comment that introduced me to my fanbase of a single man in an empty movie theater. I have heard reports however that if he get's a bit tipsy, he might get a bit grabby and call me the sexiest man alive, so I've got that going for me. I'd like to personally thank @termi88 for creating the original post, to which my reply was dubiously rocketed into stardom from, @thecraicbear for nominating me, and incidentally also giving me this P.O.S. award, and @Porkhammer for emotional support through all the rough times. I love you all so much, thanks for coming, and good night everyone!

There are certain issues with certain cars on tarmac rallies, but overall, the driving experience from this game is fantastic for roughly 98% of the people in the community. 
Which cars are you refering to?

I'm here again drivers to ask about forgiving what i say, it was my bad (not at all). I don't know why but game starts to going fine, with settings 107-0-0-0-900, tried a lot of time without any changes.  

It still too light the steering wheel on most situation (for and old rally car), but react as expected and i got a better better experience, expecially on hillclimb cars, before undriveable. (i'm waiting again to use pikes peak with all cars, or there is a technical restriction to the surface, programming or anything else?)
I made this video linked below in just a day and i can manage the car as i want know, i didn't do a special training, for who said i cannot drive a rally car or similar -.- I will try know most common cars and surface type to see how can be good now.

I hope the game will increase again and let's hope for longer stages (less graphics and more mileage)

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FdtCWfW6YE

107-0-0 in Driver Profile? This is so fucked up. The effects must be so mixed that you can't say which one's taking an effect.

Try to setup it:
100, 0, 107, 0, degrees
This will not incresae vibration but prevent the G27 from having a deadzone with FFB in center.

If the wheel is now too light, enable centering spring on 5-7%.

versedi said:
107-0-0 in Driver Profile? This is so fucked up. The effects must be so mixed that you can't say which one's taking an effect.

Try to setup it:
100, 0, 107, 0, degrees
This will not incresae vibration but prevent the G27 from having a deadzone with FFB in center.

I'm trying this, it feels heavier but slow. With ingame settings 100-100-50-50-50, i'm trying now 100-15-15-15-15 and it's lighter, but the main problem is on tarmac, where is more lighter.

The FFB could probably still use some tweaking, and I'm pretty sure they're working on another FFB and an actual physics update. They said physics V2 was more a rushed tweaking than an overhaul.

Once again, I spent hours getting corners and hairpins right to master in order to gain few seconds in advance. That is not boring at all. Spending time tweaking the car to blast the stage out of proportion is not really that boring; it feels like a professional mechanic preparing spicy supper for the driver. 

versedi said:

Try to setup it:
100, 0, 107, 0, degrees

Assuming 107-0-0-0-900 is Overall Strength = 107%, Spring = 0%, Dampening = 0%, Center Spring checked = 0%, Wheel Rotation = 900 then this is a pretty standard recommended setting for many sims.

The 107 for wheel strength helps avoid deadzone according to some pretty exhaustive testing.

I believe setting dampening to 0 will prevent any wheel friction (which just makes the steering feel artificially slow in my opinion). Bumping up SAT in game settings for wheel heaviness seems a better option IMHO.

versedi said:

Try to setup it:
100, 0, 107, 0, degrees

Assuming 107-0-0-0-900 is Overall Strength = 107%, Spring = 0%, Dampening = 0%, Center Spring checked = 0%, Wheel Rotation = 900 then this is a pretty standard recommended setting for many sims.

The 107 for wheel strength helps avoid deadzone according to some pretty exhaustive testing.

I believe setting dampening to 0 will prevent any wheel friction (which just makes the steering feel artificially slow in my opinion). Bumping up SAT in game settings for wheel heaviness seems a better option IMHO.

Yep, SAT and tyre friction combines what is he looking for.
Personally, I use this in profiler:
√ Use special force feedback device settings
    Overal Effects Strenght = 107
    Spring Effect Strenght = 75
    Damper Effect Strenght = 40 
√ Enable centering spring (enabled)
   Centering spring strenght = 0
√ Use special steering wheel settings
  □ Report combined pedals (disabled)
      Degrees of rotation = 900º
√ Use special game settings
  √ Allow game to adjust settings

The only thing i miss is tyre choice....

Would be so cool in career mode,especially in Monte Carlo...First stage is dry, second stage is with snow on the top, so which tyre? studded or winters or crossovers? Would be really challenging:)

versedi said:

Well I've spent few days playing with the settings and taking notes.
I've deducted that there's some connection between Overall effect and the individual settings for Spring and Damper while ofcourse all the effects created by the game.
Could you try setting the Overall effect to 100%, and Damper to 107% and see if the FFB deadzone persists?
I might be wrong but I think this is the right solution, when you don't want to exagarate the vibrations - which're also increased by the Overall Effect (personally I don't like when my whole desk is vibrating, pretty sure though that with proper mount this can be feeling nicely).
Next try setting the Overall effect to 0% while Spring and Damper to 200%. Are they working?

Bumping up SAT in game settings while having the Damper set to 0 and Sprint to 0 caused a weird effect that my wheel was constantly spinning into one direction (like one of the FFB engines inside the wheel is stronger) or constantly turning left and right, left and right while going on a straight road. This might be some issue with the wheel itself but I don't really know.