Jump to content Jump to content

OK, now I've seen it all!

I thought I had seen all of the shenanigans this game could throw at me, but this takes the cake!

Racing at Abu Dhabi; grid start. My PB is 1:26:928; Caos's PB is something like 1:30:and change.  I get a good start, pull ahead, and Caos appears to leave the game.  The gap counter is green and steadily increases to the end.  Smelling an easy victory, I don't press my luck with the bots and lay back.  I finish 7th and Caos naturally finishes 12th.  But I lose!  The game claims that Caos posted a 1:22.  Whah?!  Caos must have dropped out to an alternate universe!

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Next race, I'm up against Caos again. Same track; this time a qualifier.  Different outcome, but expected; more in line with PBs.  Makes previous race even more bizarre. 

Must be **** like the first race that keeps Caos high in the standings.

Screenshot_20220415-195731_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220415-200058_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220415-202307_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Posted (edited)

CM attempts to explain that situation thusly in the Help section of the game:

Difference between Lap Time and Race Time

Since the release of Update 22, the end of duel results screen now features a Lap Time in addition to the Race Time. Here are more details on how these times are calculated.

Lap Time:

• The Lap Time is simply the sum of your three sectors times: Lap Time = S1 + S2 + S3

• As a reminder, the timer of Sector 1 starts when you cross the finish line to start your lap.

Race Time:

• The Race Time corresponds to the effective time spent since the start of the race, from the moment you take control of your F1 car after the "3, 2, 1, countdown" to the moment you cross the finish line.

• Unlike the Lap Time, the Race Time takes into account the time spent before entering Sector 1, let's call this time Sector 0. Therefore, Race Time = S0 + S1 + S2 + S3 (or Race Time = S0 + Lap Time)

"I won/lost a duel despite having a worse/better Lap Time than my opponent"

Keep in mind that the winner of a duel is the player who crossed the finish line before their rival.

For that reason, if your opponent has a better Lap Time but you have a better Race Time, then, you will win the duel. That's because you were faster on Sector 0 (on the segment before crossing the finish line to enter Sector 1) even though your opponent was generally faster on Sectors 1, 2 and 3.

Finally, your Sector 0 time can be found by subtracting the Lap Time from the Race Time: S0 = Race Time - Lap Time

So, according to this logic, CM would suggest that you were about 3 seconds slower getting to the start line (i.e., you were that much slower in Sector 0).  Seems like an awful lot of time to me. 

I'm sure, however, the correct answer is that this is just another example of how CM screws with us! (Man, if I were only quicker! I have to upgrade my car! But since it takes a ridiculous amount of time for my reward box to turn green to open for free, I must buy resources!)
Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Correction
  • Agree 1

I'm 2.1 seconds faster on Lap time. 

And .07 seconds slower on Race time. 

SO (me) : 15.4 seconds 

Him : 12.6 seconds 

me : 2.8 seconds slower in sector 0. 

And this usually - or always - happens at Zandvoort where you have the opponent near on the count down, then when you cross the start line he's instantly 1.5-2 seconds + in front. Which is what happed here. I understand the reason above, but I don't get why that is the case. Whats the purpose? So now Sector 0 (< lol) is the deciding factor in winning races? Nice little scam CM!!!

But I get plenty like yours, Brandon. You race hard the first 2/3 of the race. He doesn't pull away. You're competitive or in front by a few tenths. Then the last 1/3 he flies past and wins by 4 seconds. You're case above is just obscene. 

Frauds, cheats, scams. Dishonest. Nice little business ($$$) you guys have, CM!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

For sure.  Countless times at Zandvoort my opponent gets a flying start--nowhere to be seen in the rear view mirror early in the roll to the start but flies past into the start and is at the first turn as you described.  Defying physics, mind you.  I thought this only happens at Zandvoort, but it happened to me today at Portimao, too.  But alas for him/her/it, my Merc was no match. 😉

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Correction

Posted (edited)

I stand corrected, I still haven't seen it all.  I figure some of you out there will enjoy this.

I used the in-game chat feature to submit the following apparent bug report along with a screen pic: In a qualifying dual at Zandvoort my car and my opponent's car would bearly accelerate for the entire lap. I use auto acceleration. Highest gear reached was 4. My personal best on this track is in the low 1:03s. But this lap took 1:38.

CM replied: Hi and thanks for the reply, with the acceleration issue, have you tested to see if manual acceleration is experiencing a similar issue?

I replied: No I have not. It only happened once, so far.

To which CM replied: Hi,

If you continue to experience this issue, then please reply back, but I would recommend driving with fewer assists.

While driving with assists is easier, it also restricts the potential of your F1 car. The best players have learned to play without any assists (or with only very few), as it allows them to make the most of their F1 car. The more you are able to naturally control your car without assists, the faster you’ll become.

They auto-asked if this addressed my question, to which I clicked "no."

I then submitted this: You assume I'm driving with many assists, but I'm not. My assist settings are 0 braking, 1 steering, and 1 stability. That has nothing to do with the car not accelerating. Also, how would my play setup affect my opponent's setup? As I explained, my opponent's car did not accelerate either; it stayed right behind me the whole way. Perhaps it was a bot and the outcome was predetermined? Is that a sore subject? I've always had the sense that most of my "races" are not against other human players. Tell me I'm wrong.

Oddly, I haven't heard back. 😐

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Correction
  • Agree 1

I think I would have replied with why the heck you could have a PB of 1:03 with all the assists and then all of a sudden 1:38 with the same assists.

On a side-note. What imo is utterly insulting, is that their reply insinuates that you’re not one of the “best players”. 🤣 What kind of customer service would dare to imply that in their response?! I mean w-t-f! 👎

Edited by RubiconXX78
Typo
  • Agree 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, LET5G0BRAND0N said:

I used the in-game chat feature to submit the following apparent bug report along with a screen pic: In a qualifying dual at Zandvoort my car and my opponent's car would bearly accelerate for the entire lap. I use auto acceleration. Highest gear reached was 4. My personal best on this track is in the low 1:03s. But this lap took 1:38.

Just raced the first duel after last update. Immediately had the same issue as you report above, but on the Shanghai track. My PB is 1:25 there but it took me 1:38 in this duel (I didn’t make mistakes). I noticed as well that I didn’t record a lap time before I got to the finish, see screenshot where it says 0:00:000 before I cross the finish.

For me it looked like it slowed me down just enough to keep my opponent just in front of me the whole lap. Although our lap time difference suggests otherwise. Think that’s because I made the screenshot and then it pauses the game or something and resumes afterwards but including the “paused” time. 

CAE74E15-6FCD-4947-8574-335EFF0EA5DE.png

E4503E53-3612-423C-8175-27C9E4795B41.png

1 hour ago, RubiconXX78 said:

I noticed as well that I didn’t record a lap time before I got to the finish, see screenshot where it says 0:00:000 before I cross the finish.

Yes, that happened to me, too; I left that part out.

This is interesting, because immediately prior to the race at Zandvoort, I raced on Shanghai, and on a few occasions I noticed that my engine seemed to be bogging, as though I was lifting off the throttle . . . but I use auto acceleration.  I chalk it up to a new way that CM "governs" the outcome.