Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 2 and DiRT 3 complete with G920/G29

Hello there,
I play on DiRT 2 and DiRT3 complete on PC ( steam versions ). On Logitech website i saw that Dirt 3 is compatible with this wheel G920/G29, however in both games the wheel is not detected at all, only keyboard preset available. I don't have problems in DiRT Rally with the wheel. How can i play those games with my wheel or at least get the G27 settings for it to work?

do like that : http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631213922506/?l=french

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 3 Complete Edition\actionmap

Copy te file "tm_lg_g27.xml"  to "tm_lg_g920.xml"
 edit tm_lg_g920.xml, with notepad, replace 

<ActionMap priority="3" deviceName="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB" actionMapName="lg_g27">
with
<ActionMap priority="3" deviceName="Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" actionMapName="lg_g920">
Save the file

now edit actionMapPaths.xml in the same path
copy and paste as new line
<xmlreader pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" map="UPDATE" filename="actionmap/lg_g27.xml" processor="ActionMap2"/>
in the new line edit like this
<xmlreader pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" map="UPDATE" filename="actionmap/lg_g920.xml" processor="ActionMap2"/>

in the path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 3 Complete Edition\forcefeedback
edit devicesetup.xml
Copy and pasta as new line this line
<FFBDevice delay="0.0" scaleEffects="1.0" maxFriction="100.0" baseFriction="0.0" scaleFriction="1.0" scaleForce="1.0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
Edit the new line like this
<FFBDevice delay="0.0" scaleEffects="1.0" maxFriction="100.0" baseFriction="0.0" scaleFriction="1.0" scaleForce="1.0" name="Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"/>

works for me
have fun

Hi you have it set to ps4 and then in game go to controls then set to keyboard and then bind the steering wheel to the keys