Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRT 2 and DiRT 3 complete with G920/G29

Gazim

Hello there,
I play on DiRT 2 and DiRT3 complete on PC ( steam versions ). On Logitech website i saw that Dirt 3 is compatible with this wheel G920/G29, however in both games the wheel is not detected at all, only keyboard preset available. I don't have problems in DiRT Rally with the wheel. How can i play those games with my wheel or at least get the G27 settings for it to work?

• 3 weeks later...
do like that : http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631213922506/?l=french

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 3 Complete Edition\actionmap

Copy te file "tm_lg_g27.xml"  to "tm_lg_g920.xml"
 edit tm_lg_g920.xml, with notepad, replace 

<ActionMap priority="3" deviceName="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB" actionMapName="lg_g27">
with
<ActionMap priority="3" deviceName="Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" actionMapName="lg_g920">
Save the file

now edit actionMapPaths.xml in the same path
copy and paste as new line
<xmlreader pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" map="UPDATE" filename="actionmap/lg_g27.xml" processor="ActionMap2"/>
in the new line edit like this
<xmlreader pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" map="UPDATE" filename="actionmap/lg_g920.xml" processor="ActionMap2"/>

in the path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 3 Complete Edition\forcefeedback
edit devicesetup.xml
Copy and pasta as new line this line
<FFBDevice delay="0.0" scaleEffects="1.0" maxFriction="100.0" baseFriction="0.0" scaleFriction="1.0" scaleForce="1.0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
Edit the new line like this
<FFBDevice delay="0.0" scaleEffects="1.0" maxFriction="100.0" baseFriction="0.0" scaleFriction="1.0" scaleForce="1.0" name="Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"/>

works for me
have fun
  • 3 months later...

Archived