Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 22 Is Here | Released July 1st, 2022

• Administrator

Copy of F122 GEN5 Champions temp 16x9 CMYK.jpg

It’s time to enter the new era of Formula 1® in EA SPORTS™ F1® 22, the official videogame of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship™. Take your seat for a brand-new season as redesigned cars and overhauled rules redefine race day, test your skills around the new Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor of Formula 1® in F1® Life.

Here’s all the info you need to know about F1® 22 ahead of the lights going out for worldwide release on July 1st, 2022, including how to get early access and special pre-order content!

Release Date

F1® 22 will release July 1st, 2022 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the EA App, Origin, Steam, and Epic Store but you can start racing three days earlier from June 28th, 2022 if you pre-order the F1® 22 Champions Edition.

What’s New?

New Season, New Rules

Take your seat for the new era of F1® with the sport’s stunning new cars and a new handling model that recreates the intense wheel-to-wheel racing that’s had us on the edge of our seats so far in the 2022 Formula 1® season.

Plus, test your talent amongst the iconic Florida palm trees around the 19 challenging corners of the vibrant new Miami International Autodrome, and go flat out as F1® Sprint comes to the game for the first time in F1® 22.

My Team and Career Mode return in F1® 22 with fresh new features, along with two-player split screen, F2™, online multiplayer and all the features you know and love.

Race Day, Redefined

New race options in F1® 22 will give you more control over your virtual F1® race day, with the opportunity to choose between immersive and broadcast style Formation Laps, Safety Car periods, and Pit Stops.

F1® 22 also includes VR compatibility on PC via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to give you the ultimate immersive F1® experience

• Like 3

• Administrator

WE ARE MOVING!!!

Alongside the exciting announcement of F1 22, we are leaving the Codemasters Forums and joining EA Answers! Whether you are looking for the latest F1 22 news, a league to join or new setups to find those vital tenths of a second, EA Answers is the new place to be!

See you all on track (and on EA Answers)

Barry and the Codemasters Community Team

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• BarryBL featured this topic

Generally speaking, is it ok to make a Q&A thread here? If so, here are some questions:

• will the Miami track be available on release?
  • will the updated tracks be available on release?
  • how many tracks in total will we get?
  • any chance there will be more save game slots than in F1 2021?

Agreed on the sprints, since these have been on the calendar for 2 consecutive years now - it was about time.

Edited by CM_Schneehase
  • Agree 1

On 4/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, BarryBL said:

WE ARE MOVING!!!

Alongside the exciting announcement of F1 22, we are leaving the Codemasters Forums and joining EA Answers! Whether you are looking for the latest F1 22 news, a league to join or new setups to find those vital tenths of a second, EA Answers is the new place to be!

I'm there (EA Answer) but I must admit I don't feel so comfortable there, i dont know if it is for looks, options or what, hope i get used to it 😊

Cheers,
Nuv

Will the fanatec v3 pedals be properly integrated into this game? Ie both sets of rumble motors working as intended? 

I’m interested to know if the developers play any sims to improve the physics/tyre model? I’m happy playing a simcade, but would love to be playing something that does give more feel and to feel it’s going in the ‘right direction’

On 4/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, BarryBL said:

WE ARE MOVING!!!

Why does that site sign you out every two minutes? And who is this EA Spectre, Bazza? 🙂

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

FWIW that's not happening to me, on phone or laptop.

Well, I thought it could be different devices but you've just natched that one for me. 

Browser? Phone? (I am using Edge 100.whatever.today.latest and iOS 15.4 Safari)

14 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Well, I thought it could be different devices but you've just natched that one for me. 

Browser? Phone? (I am using Edge 100.whatever.today.latest and iOS 15.4 Safari)

I'm using Chrome on Android 11 and Windows 10. 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1

Gotta say, given that the advertised "pre-order period/date" is something like May 16th (see link below) I find the information given so far very, very shallow. Not that I would have expected so much more within 2 weeks after revealing the release date, but: I dont know about you, but with the information provided / not provided so far, it seems hard for me to feel any incentive to actually pre-order the game. Let alone noone knows the contents of the package provided for pre ordering. Its not really the optimum in PR for the game, or is that only me?

(link for source of the date given is below)

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-22

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, CM_Schneehase said:

Gotta say, given that the advertised "pre-order period/date" is something like May 16th (see link below) I find the information given so far very, very shallow. Not that I would have expected so much more within 2 weeks after revealing the release date, but: I dont know about you, but with the information provided / not provided so far, it seems hard for me to feel any incentive to actually pre-order the game. Let alone noone knows the contents of the package provided for pre ordering. Its not really the optimum in PR for the game, or is that only me?

The simple answer is to not pre-order but you make an excellent point re. why there is a pre-order deadline for mid-May for a game not released until 1 July. Normally you can pre-order right up till launch. Without more info. or incentive it kind of looks like a mistake... 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to request that you guys make sure the ai dont lose all of their braincells in qualifying on the next game. Mans clearly on an in lap and doesnt attempt to let me by until the apex of the corner where he essentially brake tests me. Really frustrating how the ai can be so aware of where you are in a race session but in quali they'll happily stay entirely on the racing line when not on a lap, and wont overtake you or only manage their spacing on track compared to the other ai. 

Posted (edited)

Will we see different car models for all of the cars, or will it just be the same car model for every car with different liveries as we have so far seen?
(I mean, I hope this is just because of "Work in Progress" that we are only seeing one car model)

Edited by DxBang

12 hours ago, DxBang said:

Will we see different car models for all of the cars, or will it just be the same car model for every car with different liveries as we have so far seen?

Not sure of "for all the cars", but if you watch closely in the latest youtuber content, you will notice that the Alpine car / nose has been altered from the "standard" (=FIA presentation) car.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:05 PM, CM_Schneehase said:

What changed your mind and made you cave? 😉

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

What changed your mind and made you cave? 😉

Ah well, quoting that post now is a bit cheap, with all the youtuber content we were able to see meanwhile. Some of the insights given were more positive than I would have assumed. Maybe though as a fanboy of the franchise I see more / too much in all that, than is actually contained in those videos - e.g. we havent seen any multiplayer at all yet.

So no, I would not say that I have changed my mind, as some points of the F1 22 game which are being  "featured" are (from my personal POV only ofc) no incentive to buy the game. F1 life, supercars, various drive modes for these cars, Miami themed liveries and items - no thank you (reminds me too much of breaking point and TBH I am convinced all that effort put into the base game would, in the end, give us a better F1 game). Besides, the pricetag is kinda steep if you are going for the special edition (80,- bucks man, for an annual release with micro transactions, this is kinda nuts) and I still have a severe problem with the "origin" software running in the background. In my sons Sim4 game this "origin" software, that is not a launcher but running permanently, is giving us all kinds of trouble in conjunction with steam, that seemingly can not be fixed. EA "helpers" on their forums only point you into the direction of steam to solve this. The problem is not being caused there, though. Anyway, this does not belong here.

In the end the F1 series has been one a few (3 to be exact) games, that I have put several hundred hours into during the last 2 years (Hearthstone by Blizzard, that I did quit completely meanwhile though, Stellaris by PDX, and the F1 series by Codemasters). Everything else I play is just a few minutes / hours here and there or my little son requesting I have to play with him on my steam account. As such, it is hard to resist buying the followup game for F1, even when you are not convinced it would be the best decision to do so.

After all, even a white rabbit is just a human being with all those typical faults and weaknesses 😁

Edited by CM_Schneehase
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CM_Schneehase said:

In my sons Sim4 game this "origin" software, that is not a launcher but running permanently, is giving us all kinds of trouble in conjunction with steam, that seemingly can not be fixed. EA "helpers" on their forums only point you into the direction of steam to solve this. The problem is not being caused there, though. Anyway, this does not belong here.

Ive never experienced this ever while running the Origin PC app, it always shuts down when I shut it down; and it has never caused any weirdness at all while Steam or any other launcher/store is running along side it. I would honestly check the settings.

I have quite a few games on Origin, plus I have games pass ultimate. So I am now using the EA Desktop beta instead of Origin so I can get my games pass ultimate benifits from EA for EAplay. As far as I know, anyone can use the EA desktop beta. So is Origin really is that bad for you and your son, so perhaps give EA desktop a try instead. I dont know if EA desktop works with steam yet, origin may still be required for that. Ive not tried as I buy my EA games from EA directly. Same as I buy Ubisoft games direct from Ubisoft.

https://www.ea.com/ea-app-beta

I honestly never understood why people hate Origin, Uplay, Epic (or any other launcher). It makes perfect sense they would want their own stores, in order to minmise how much of a cut any of the other stores take.

If people wasnt aware, most places, valve included. Take upto a 30% cut on sales made on their stores. Same goes for Sony and Microsoft with Playstation and Xbox as well, they also take a cut. Usually called a 'platform fee'.

So when a company like EA or Ubisoft make their own launcher/store, I can see exactly why they do that.

I think a lot of people just end up on a bandwagon because its the popular thing to do. When Steam first because a digital store for 3rd party non valve titles, people equally had major issues and concerns over it. All the same arguments made about Origin and Uplay, are the exact same arguments used against steam originally.

Yes, I have been PC gaming for that long 😅

3 hours ago, CM_Schneehase said:

In my sons Sim4 game this "origin" software, that is not a launcher but running permanently, is giving us all kinds of trouble in conjunction with steam, that seemingly can not be fixed. EA "helpers" on their forums only point you into the direction of steam to solve this. The problem is not being caused there, though. Anyway, this does not belong here.

It absolutely does belong here! This is my issue, yet another layer of @CM_Schneehase to the ointment!

I guess it doesn't matter if I buy on either platform, AIUI Origin needs SteamVR for VR and Steam needs Origin to launch the game. Oh....wonderfuel 😄

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It absolutely does belong here! This is my issue, yet another layer of @CM_Schneehase to the ointment!

I guess it doesn't matter if I buy on either platform, AIUI Origin needs SteamVR for VR and Steam needs Origin to launch the game. Oh....wonderfuel 😄

As a VR user, I have to be honest and say I am seriously dissapointed they have not used the Oculus API for Oculus users. Codemasters are already very aware that Oculus headsets dont always run that great through steamVR, which is why they ended up having to scramble with Dirt Rally 2.0 to add actual Oculus support on the steam version of the game. Ive tried contacting @BarryBL on here, as well as an EA Answers admin that was answering questions over there about VR. But ive no idea if what I said was even taken onboard or passed on to Codemasters devs.

Its actually very misleading to state the game as Oculus support when the Oculus API isnt actually being used.

Edit: I would actually go as far to say its very deceptive!

Edited by Ialyrn

4 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Ive never experienced this ever while running the Origin PC app, it always shuts down when I shut it down; and it has never caused any weirdness at all while Steam or any other launcher/store is running along side it. I would honestly check the settings.

4 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

I honestly never understood why people hate Origin, Uplay, Epic (or any other launcher). It makes perfect sense they would want their own stores, in order to minmise how much of a cut any of the other stores take.

Ok, 1st off sorry for the OT, and I can / will delete this again, if anyone thinks its the wrong place for this discussion here. So here is my issue with steam / origin combined:

My son has his own small steam account with a few games. He is 9 years old, so we have to take care and hide all the stuff from him, that a 9 year old is not yet supposed to see (ads for violence games, zombies, xxx, mostly). Steam has its own means for that, its called "Familienansicht" in my language, I am not sure what it would translate to in the english original, probably something like "familiy view". Its perfect for both kids and parents and works great with all games, the idea is we add a game to "family view" and then the kids can start and play it on their own, without parents needed to aid them, while at the same time they will be protected from chat, from the store (xxx and violence ads) and so forth. This works fine with all games, only with Sims4 and Origin it does not.

When starting Sims4, it forces the Origin software to be fired up. At the very first start of the game, you link your steam account to your origin account and that is that (but its not!). Once Sims4 is within "family view", you simply cant start it any more. Somehow in "family view" the Origin software can not be started - there is an error message and no matter whatever I have tried in steam settings, in origin settings, in the settings of the accounts involved, nothing works. The only way we can start Sims4 for the kids is to type in our 4 digit code, leaving "family view", then Sims4 will start fine and Origin as well. It may well be I am just too dumb to see the obvious, but whereever I asked, noone could point me to the right trigger / lever, all you ever get is "check the settings, its certainly the settings". Not it is not, as long as you cant tell me which setting exactly.

We even tried to add the Origin software as a "non-steam game" to the "family view" (yay that works, i was surpried it did), but that doesnt change anything either. Its not only that it is annoying, that the kids can not start Sims4 on their own, the problem is, as soon as the Origin software is fired up without "family view", the 1st ad displayed in Origin is Ronaldo for a soccer game, and by the 2nd or 3rd ad a gun is pointed at the viewer before the screen. This is not what you want your kids to see, seriously. No setting I found neither in steam nor in the EA account or Origin software seems able to change this. I dont hate the Origin software, it is just that it is not designed around a game for kids, but we have to use it for a kids game. Needless to say, leaving "family view" unlocks the steam store as well, and the kids are so fast with their mouseclicks, before you know they found another "interesting" ad or game. Yes, you can tell steam to not display xxx or violence and the like, and yes we did set it up that way, but the origin software gives a damn about that.

Plus, for a different discussion, I understand about copy and cheat protection and the like, but i dont want to be forced (or my kids) looking at any ads or at anything another party thinks is good for me or for us, only because I want to play a certain game. If I want to see ads, I can switch a TV on. I dont want to learn about other games during starting it up, neither do i want to be told which addons I am missing, etc.. I understand that is personal preference, but to me personally, this is so far annoying that it is a no go for me (yup, that is the rock that I tend to live under^^).

15 minutes ago, CM_Schneehase said:

Ok, 1st off sorry for the OT, and I can / will delete this again, if anyone thinks its the wrong place for this discussion here. So here is my issue with steam / origin combined:

My son has his own small steam account with a few games. He is 9 years old, so we have to take care and hide all the stuff from him, that a 9 year old is not yet supposed to see (ads for violence games, zombies, xxx, mostly). Steam has its own means for that, its called "Familienansicht" in my language, I am not sure what it would translate to in the english original, probably something like "familiy view". Its perfect for both kids and parents and works great with all games, the idea is we add a game to "family view" and then the kids can start and play it on their own, without parents needed to aid them, while at the same time they will be protected from chat, from the store (xxx and violence ads) and so forth. This works fine with all games, only with Sims4 and Origin it does not.

When starting Sims4, it forces the Origin software to be fired up. At the very first start of the game, you link your steam account to your origin account and that is that (but its not!). Once Sims4 is within "family view", you simply cant start it any more. Somehow in "family view" the Origin software can not be started - there is an error message and no matter whatever I have tried in steam settings, in origin settings, in the settings of the accounts involved, nothing works. The only way we can start Sims4 for the kids is to type in our 4 digit code, leaving "family view", then Sims4 will start fine and Origin as well. It may well be I am just too dumb to see the obvious, but whereever I asked, noone could point me to the right trigger / lever, all you ever get is "check the settings, its certainly the settings". Not it is not, as long as you cant tell me which setting exactly.

We even tried to add the Origin software as a "non-steam game" to the "family view" (yay that works, i was surpried it did), but that doesnt change anything either. Its not only that it is annoying, that the kids can not start Sims4 on their own, the problem is, as soon as the Origin software is fired up without "family view", the 1st ad displayed in Origin is Ronaldo for a soccer game, and by the 2nd or 3rd ad a gun is pointed at the viewer before the screen. This is not what you want your kids to see, seriously. No setting I found neither in steam nor in the EA account or Origin software seems able to change this. I dont hate the Origin software, it is just that it is not designed around a game for kids, but we have to use it for a kids game. Needless to say, leaving "family view" unlocks the steam store as well, and the kids are so fast with their mouseclicks, before you know they found another "interesting" ad or game. Yes, you can tell steam to not display xxx or violence and the like, and yes we did set it up that way, but the origin software gives a damn about that.

Plus, for a different discussion, I understand about copy and cheat protection and the like, but i dont want to be forced (or my kids) looking at any ads or at anything another party thinks is good for me or for us, only because I want to play a certain game. If I want to see ads, I can switch a TV on. I dont want to learn about other games during starting it up, neither do i want to be told which addons I am missing, etc.. I understand that is personal preference, but to me personally, this is so far annoying that it is a no go for me (yup, that is the rock that I tend to live under^^).

The sims 4 has a pegi age rating of 12+, as the game depicts sensored nudity, sensored sexual activity, and dipictions of violence. The issue isnt to do with Steam/Origin not liking each other, its to do with the age rating you use for things to protect your child from anything  that is unsuitable for their age group. This is why they are able to start the game up if give them the pin to disable the family protection settings.

• Like 1

Just now, Ialyrn said:

The sims 4 has a pegi age rating of 12+, as the game depicts sensored nudity, sensored sexual activity, and dipictions of violence. The issue isnt to do with Steam/Origin not liking each other, its to do with the age rating you use for things to protect your child from anything  that is unsuitable for their age group. This is why they are able to start the game up if give them the pin to disable the family protection settings.

Good theory and understood, steam family view works in a way though that I as the parent add the game that I want the kids to play, and then it should run, no matter the rating?

The error message you get says nothing of age protection or similar, its just "error try and restart your game to continue linking the accounts" (though they have been successfully linked before).