Jump to content Jump to content

WE ARE MOVING!!! | EA Answers HQ


BarryBL
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

WE ARE MOVING!!!

Alongside the exciting announcement of F1 22, we are leaving the Codemasters Forums and joining EA Answers! Whether you are looking for the latest F1 22 news, a league to join or new setups to find those vital tenths of a second, EA Answers is the new place to be!

See you all on track (and on EA Answers)

Barry and the Codemasters Community Team

  • Sad 11
  • Disagree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was featured
  • This topic was locked and unlocked

@BarryBL

 

Will the same account details (ID, email, password, content & comments etc.) for each individual forum member automatically be taken over to EA Answers, or do we need to create brandnew accounts ourselves?

 

Also, when will this event take place?

 

How much time is left?

 

Do we have a couple of days, weeks, or months left until the official Codemasters Forums are closed and nuked? 

 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Additional Info
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

So im guessing the new codies forum is over at EA website as the this forum is still saying 2021?

Yes it has been setup on ea’s forums. I had an ea account so am using that and imagine others will have to follow suit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, SturmDesTodes said:

@BarryBL

 

Will the same account details (ID, email, password, content & comments etc.) for each individual forum member automatically be taken over to EA Answers, or do we need to create brandnew accounts ourselves?

 

Also, when will this event take place?

 

How much time is left?

 

Do we have a couple of days, weeks, or months left until the official Codemasters Forums are closed and nuked? 

 

Good questions, let me answer them for you.

  1. Unfortunately, no. We operate on different forum tech, so we cannot transfer, even though we did explore the option. You will need a new account.
  2. EA forums are now live
  3. The initial plan is to move all support for F1 22 to EA Answers so, theoretically, we will be moved by the launch date of the game
  4. Forums wont be nuked, as there is still Dirt Rally here. I will also be keeping the 'F1 Chat' section open with a redirect to the EA Answers HQ. This is because, on reflection, there is a lot of conversation between players there that seems to be not exactly game related like a bug report, but, more importantly, beneficial for those users mental health.  For those reasons, I'll be keeping those areas open with redirects to the new home should those players choose to move.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Good questions, let me answer them for you.

  1. Unfortunately, no. We operate on different forum tech, so we cannot transfer, even though we did explore the option. You will need a new account.
  2. EA forums are now live
  3. The initial plan is to move all support for F1 22 to EA Answers so, theoretically, we will be moved by the launch date of the game
  4. Forums wont be nuked, as there is still Dirt Rally here. I will also be keeping the 'F1 Chat' section open with a redirect to the EA Answers HQ. This is because, on reflection, there is a lot of conversation between players there that seems to be not exactly game related like a bug report, but, more importantly, beneficial for those users mental health.  For those reasons, I'll be keeping those areas open with redirects to the new home should those players choose to move.

Thanks for the info, and have a great day comrade! ✌

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Good questions, let me answer them for you.

  1. Unfortunately, no. We operate on different forum tech, so we cannot transfer, even though we did explore the option. You will need a new account.
  2. EA forums are now live
  3. The initial plan is to move all support for F1 22 to EA Answers so, theoretically, we will be moved by the launch date of the game
  4. Forums wont be nuked, as there is still Dirt Rally here. I will also be keeping the 'F1 Chat' section open with a redirect to the EA Answers HQ. This is because, on reflection, there is a lot of conversation between players there that seems to be not exactly game related like a bug report, but, more importantly, beneficial for those users mental health.  For those reasons, I'll be keeping those areas open with redirects to the new home should those players choose to move.

Will relevant sections of this forum also remain open for pre-22 versions of the F1 game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
14 hours ago, marioho said:

Hey, @BarryBL! Did not see it coming and frankly, not very excited with the change.

Will you and the rest of the staff still hold your roles? Will we keep on seeing this amicable cartoon chap in this iconic red overalls on there? @PJTierney the same?

I already have a profile over there as GRID Legends moved a few months ago 🙂 

I'm busy with lots of things as you can imagine, but I'll pop in every so often to say hello.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, marioho said:

Hey, @BarryBL! Did not see it coming and frankly, not very excited with the change.

Will you and the rest of the staff still hold your roles? Will we keep on seeing this amicable cartoon chap in this iconic red overalls on there? @PJTierney the same?

I don’t like it.  And hate having to use my ea name scarduck14 or something 😥😭😡

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All those early years of lurking but never commenting have now gone to waste! 

I never really like change anyway so i'm not surprised i'm not enthused by this news.  Hopefully the new forums are still open to feedback and it's not all Bolshevik-like where any negative feedback gets you a mysterious black mark on your name!   Here has always felt like a relatively safe place to express constructive criticism but a new place can come with a new atmosphere. 

At risk of going off on a tangent from the subject matter; It does feel like EA are confident in this new F1 enterprise though, which is a good thing.  By migrating their forums over to their house and changing all the social media to have EA in the name, it does feel like they're comfortable putting their name on everything.  This isn't just a backseat driver chipping in resources and hoping for the best, they're all-in on this.  Whether people will see that as a positive or negative, I guess that's something time will tell. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

and it's not all Bolshevik-like where any negative feedback gets you a mysterious black mark on your name!   Here has always felt like a relatively safe place to express constructive criticism but a new place can come with a new atmosphere. 

This too. 

I've said it countless times that we here are privileged for having one of the best communities there is. I say "one" not because it is not The One, just because there are another select few... Anyway, what @BarryBL and the guys achieved here is rare and no easy feat.

They put a familiar face to a game company facing the general public with no barrier of entry (other than signing up to the forum) and established a function channel of communication going both ways. This and the overall tone, remarkably amicable and personal in an era of detached canned sentences in a poorly strung up English.

A channel that works both ways and enable us all to engage with the people making these games, a fact (among many others) I'm sure @ScaredDuck appreciates.

And now I'm reactivating a 10 years old forum account with zero activity other than a handful of read posts. That says it all.

C'mon, we do not even get proper avatars or profile pics there! Barry is f. Hazard?! HAZARD?! Why, there's no Lukaku to choose from?!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, marioho said:

This too. 

I've said it countless times that we here are privileged for having one of the best communities there is. I say "one" not because it is not The One, just because there are another select few... Anyway, what @BarryBL and the guys achieved here is rare and no easy feat.

They put a familiar face to a game company facing the general public with no barrier of entry (other than signing up to the forum) and established a function channel of communication going both ways. This and the overall tone, remarkably amicable and personal in an era of detached canned sentences in a poorly strung up English.

A channel that works both ways and enable us all to engage with the people making these games, a fact (among many others) I'm sure @ScaredDuck appreciates.

And now I'm reactivating a 10 years old forum account with zero activity other than a handful of read posts. That says it all.

C'mon, we do not even get proper avatars or profile pics there! Barry is f. Hazard?! HAZARD?! Why, there's no Lukaku to choose from?!

And I’ve busted my behind detoxing and making this place fun engaging place for everyone.  I mean when I first got here the toxicity was off the scale.,, . 😇😂

But then maybe it was because I got a awesome reply to one off my very first post from some Brazilian know it all that made me like this place.  First impressions and all that. 😁

The little I know off EA forums is the amount off people who get banned for mentioning scripts and fifa in the same sentence.  So I’m not going to last long

Atleast I got to 1000.  🏆

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
18 minutes ago, marioho said:

This too. 

I've said it countless times that we here are privileged for having one of the best communities there is. I say "one" not because it is not The One, just because there are another select few... Anyway, what @BarryBL and the guys achieved here is rare and no easy feat.

They put a familiar face to a game company facing the general public with no barrier of entry (other than signing up to the forum) and established a function channel of communication going both ways. This and the overall tone, remarkably amicable and personal in an era of detached canned sentences in a poorly strung up English.

A channel that works both ways and enable us all to engage with the people making these games, a fact (among many others) I'm sure @ScaredDuck appreciates.

And now I'm reactivating a 10 years old forum account with zero activity other than a handful of read posts. That says it all.

C'mon, we do not even get proper avatars or profile pics there! Barry is f. Hazard?! HAZARD?! Why, there's no Lukaku to choose from?!

I personally was not happy we didn't have a Saka, Martinelli or ESR available. Not even a Henry!!! (Like I could use them, no chance 😛 )

Thanks for the kind words @marioho. However, I will try and get us some F1 options for EA Answers HQ. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I personally was not happy we didn't have a Saka, Martinelli or ESR available. Not even a Henry!!! (Like I could use them, no chance 😛 )

Thanks for the kind words @marioho. However, I will try and get us some F1 options for EA Answers HQ. 

Will say best thing about this forum other than me and @mariohois having a human @BarryBL that’s a direct link to the devs.  And takes a lot off skill and inches(thick as) to be the meat in a all to often toxic sandwich.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

This is because, on reflection, there is a lot of conversation between players there that seems to be not exactly game related like a bug report, but, more importantly, beneficial for those users mental health.  For those reasons, I'll be keeping those areas open with redirects to the new home should those players choose to move.

Legend👍 Thank you 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Legend👍 Thank you 

We are having meetings internally next week to decide the wider Codemasters Forums fate, but we are trying and aiming to keep some sections of the forums. Could come down to wider factors, and the value of keeping the tech with limited or no support. Either way @ScaredDuck, we will find a home for more casual home for some F1/motorsport discussion. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL any chance of the community content posted across the 2019-2021 forums ever disappearing or being fenced off? If so, could you give us a heads up?

There are posts here I still go back to from time to time when rethinking setups and handling technique or racing tech in general. Would appreciate a notice to comb them one more time and save them somewhere.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

We are having meetings internally next week to decide the wider Codemasters Forums fate, but we are trying and aiming to keep some sections of the forums. Could come down to wider factors, and the value of keeping the tech with limited or no support. Either way @ScaredDuck, we will find a home for more casual home for some F1/motorsport discussion. 

Think the fact that we have to create a new account from scratch will put a lot of people off from moving over to EA. And also i think it would be good to post a community announcemnt of about the future of this forum on the main page as not all members visit the F1 forum.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

Think the fact that we have to create a new account from scratch will put a lot of people off from moving over to EA. And also i think it would be good to post a community announcemnt of about the future of this forum on the main page as not all members visit the F1 forum.

I think as this forum has been here for years and it’s in the classic easy to follow and contribute threads format.  It appeals more to those who can and like  communication with other humans rather than posting for reaction sake.  I’ve been on the EA place a couple off times and every time I open I’m awarded with this and that nonsense.  I only made one post 🤷‍♂️ 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having just made my first post on the new forum I'd say that it's significantly hampered by it seemingly not being possible to embed images or YouTube videos. To me this won't be as good both for general discussion and actually error reporting as a result. Yes you can add attachments and get little thumbnail type links to YouTube videos, but it's not a user-friendly.

I appreciate this was probably rather a change imposed by EA of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, what about taking some Codemasters identity to that EA place? So we better all name our dudes CM_Something there, so we immediately can distinguish each other from all the EA pawns. CM_Schneehase sounds good - and seriously it has to, because ffs Schneehase is already taken there...

Edit: Problem being, I managed to edit my name in the EA account there, but I am unable to edit my user name on that board. Or it must be hidden somewhere. Guess lol i ll gonna give up on that EA **** before we even start with the new game...

 

Edited by CM_Schneehase
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the end of free speech on all topics related to F1 gming then.  EA loves to censor anything negative about their products.  It's a brutal format over on EA's platforms, and its heavily censored in their favor.   It's the beginning of the end for the F1 gaming series and fans/customers having a say.     What a shame.   Thanks Codies; it's been a fun ride but given the F1 22 announcement falling completely flat, now this forum ending and transitioning to EA it's honestly the beginning of the end.  I've seen enough from EA on Madden/NHL forums and yeah.... anything you have to say that doesn't fall in line with their protection of their own image just... disappears or gets people banned.  

Thanks for you passion for the sport and the series, it's been a fun ride, and a great ride that took an unfortunate detour last year and I feel we're all currently on a collision course with the walls, currently sliding through the gravel trap... but that wall impact is inevitable at this point with EA involved.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

This is the end

I feel you.

Its the end of linking youtube vids into our postings (PJTierney guides, anyone?), its the end of having a private PM conversation with the mods (<3 BarryBL), its most probably the end of the annual forum beta, and I am afraid it will be the end of the forum league / championships as well. Turning all this down does not feel right in this very moment, its more like they wanted to eradicate this grown community here at the CM forums, rather than trying to improve things for everyone. Cant help the feeling that someone has sold his very soul...

Man, I dunno. In any case, I will miss anyone around here, and what we had together 😢 

 

Edited by CM_Schneehase
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

This is the end of free speech on all topics related to F1 gming then.  EA loves to censor anything negative about their products.  It's a brutal format over on EA's platforms, and its heavily censored in their favor.   It's the beginning of the end for the F1 gaming series and fans/customers having a say.     What a shame.   Thanks Codies; it's been a fun ride but given the F1 22 announcement falling completely flat, now this forum ending and transitioning to EA it's honestly the beginning of the end.  I've seen enough from EA on Madden/NHL forums and yeah.... anything you have to say that doesn't fall in line with their protection of their own image just... disappears or gets people banned.  

Thanks for you passion for the sport and the series, it's been a fun ride, and a great ride that took an unfortunate detour last year and I feel we're all currently on a collision course with the walls, currently sliding through the gravel trap... but that wall impact is inevitable at this point with EA involved.

Ok dev forums like this are becoming extinct.  And credit to cm as  one off this forums strengths is its unique in the fact providing your post isn’t abusive you could criticise the game and blame the devs for everything.  Without have some ban happy mod instantly deleting those threads and banning the poster.   And despite hardly ever getting a reply from cm staff,  I felt Barry or even the odd browsing dev would have read them and any constructive and valid criticism would atleast stuck in their mind.  
 

I remember when on FIFA’s forums: when posts about scripting and handicapping started gaining traction.   Posts on the subject were instantly deleted. And any member that posted any decent theory or evidence we’re banned.  One guy I saw posted the idea the game sliders changed during the game and posted in-depth how he tested it and despite being a long time contributor to the forum got a life time ban.

I got a life time ban from project cars forum for one post saying it could be argued the devs at worst have committed fraud. despite being a regular helpful fun awesome contributor like I am here😁

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2022 at 11:38 AM, BarryBL said:

WE ARE MOVING!!!

Alongside the exciting announcement of F1 22, we are leaving the Codemasters Forums and joining EA Answers! Whether you are looking for the latest F1 22 news, a league to join or new setups to find those vital tenths of a second, EA Answers is the new place to be!

See you all on track (and on EA Answers)

Barry and the Codemasters Community Team

https://youtu.be/5o-6akMGS2Y?t=123 Barry checking his security eye hoping the problem makers don't follow him to EA answers.

Edited by Exasperated
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Ok dev forums like this are becoming extinct.  And credit to cm as  one off this forums strengths is its unique in the fact providing your post isn’t abusive you could criticise the game and blame the devs for everything.  Without have some ban happy mod instantly deleting those threads and banning the poster.   And despite hardly ever getting a reply from cm staff,  I felt Barry or even the odd browsing dev would have read them and any constructive and valid criticism would atleast stuck in their mind.  
 

I remember when on FIFA’s forums: when posts about scripting and handicapping started gaining traction.   Posts on the subject were instantly deleted. And any member that posted any decent theory or evidence we’re banned.  One guy I saw posted the idea the game sliders changed during the game and posted in-depth how he tested it and despite being a long time contributor to the forum got a life time ban.

I got a life time ban from project cars forum for one post saying it could be argued the devs at worst have committed fraud. despite being a regular helpful fun awesome contributor like I am here😁

 

We are probably not too far off being in a situation where things such as these will affect forum users  Credit ratings  ,  free speech is under attack at present from all angles ........ the proles have had it too good for too long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

We are probably not too far off being in a situation where things such as these will affect forum users  Credit ratings  ,  free speech is under attack at present from all angles ........ the proles have had it too good for too long.

The whole woke cancel culture  pendulum is out of control and has swung way to far.  LBut I believe we the silent majority are starting the push back.    I remember When I was a kid. A saying.  Sticks and stones brake my bones. But names never hurt.  How people get mentally bent out off shape over someones use off words is just bizarre.  

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

The whole woke cancel culture  pendulum is out of control and has swung way to far.  LBut I believe we the silent majority are starting the push back.    I remember When I was a kid. A saying.  Sticks and stones brake my bones. But names never hurt.  How people get mentally bent out off shape over someones use off words is just bizarre.  

I don't think they probably do , it seems like it is just fashionable at the moment to use this as an excuse for getting out of doing the dishes. These kids are real savvy ; and it makes them centre stage which gets some likes don't forget............... as my nephew used to say "'LOOK AT ME UNCLE BINGO"!!!.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

I don't think they probably do , it seems like it is just fashionable at the moment to use this as an excuse for getting out of doing the dishes. These kids are real savvy ; and it makes them centre stage which gets some likes don't forget............... as my nephew used to say "'LOOK AT ME UNCLE BINGO"!!!.

 

55 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I believe we the silent majority are starting the push back. 

I'll see you in Prison.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 3:32 AM, CM_Schneehase said:

I feel you.

Its the end of linking youtube vids into our postings (PJTierney guides, anyone?), its the end of having a private PM conversation with the mods (<3 BarryBL), its most probably the end of the annual forum beta, and I am afraid it will be the end of the forum league / championships as well. Turning all this down does not feel right in this very moment, its more like they wanted to eradicate this grown community here at the CM forums, rather than trying to improve things for everyone. Cant help the feeling that someone has sold his very soul...

Man, I dunno. In any case, I will miss anyone around here, and what we had together 😢

Very much the case. But the flipside is it harbours a toxic element. I bet there are some that can't wait.

I too will miss it, but it consumes energy at times. I'll hopefully continue to pay it forward over on EA but will reduce my input. There will be no pre-order, but I'm afraid it does rather depend on whether the multiplayer racing is of good quality, or if I miss it. The story mode this year was the most I've ever felt a pull to 'continue my story' in the career / My Team. I'll take a watching brief and balance it on the potential return of investment of time / money into the game.

I feel we've been spun with the patch updates to the game "being supported longer than ever" when the reality is "this product is sold as beta".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes change is good, sometimes it is not, like in this case. Oh well, not much one can do except not join or participate in the EA site.  Problems, solutions and when is the next update is the only important information that is really needed anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
On 4/21/2022 at 7:03 PM, marioho said:

Hey, @BarryBL! Did not see it coming and frankly, not very excited with the change.

Will you and the rest of the staff still hold your roles? Will we keep on seeing this amicable cartoon chap in this iconic red overalls on there? @PJTierney the same?

My circumstances aren't changing. I am primarily the Rally specialist, however I help out on F1 with screenshots, videos and other creative assets occasionally. I also (when I have some spare minutes) hop on to the forums to take a peek and occasionally say hello.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Proč? Kdo vlastně vydává F1 2022? Vydává F1 2022 Codemasters nebo EA? Pokud ea tak je hra neplatná a nelegální, protože, jak jsem zjistil z internetu, Codemasters má dohodu s vlastníkem práv na skutečnou F1 pro hru F1 2022 až do roku 2025.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Edited by Filda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...