Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

add ability to just do a rally of your choice.

so if i want to do a whole wales event just that. same with sweden.

shouldn't be hard to do. already had a few saying how do i just choose to rally all sweden. would make such a difference.thanks!

Yeah, like a custom event, but with credits!

A Single Rally should be doable, with less reward

You go in to custom event, you choose you country and how many stages and the voila you have all 12 stages of Sweden. It's been in the game since the beginning. 

You go in to custom event, you choose you country and how many stages and the voila you have all 12 stages of Sweden. It's been in the game since the beginning. 
But no credits

haha im a imbecile now laugh at me :D

KevM said:
But no credits
You want credits - random stages.
You want specific stages - no credits.

If there wouldn't be any downside to doing Custom Championship, then no one would ever bother doing Custom Events at all. Seriously, this has been discussed so many times before...

Name the downside in doing a Single Rally Ryu cheeky-chops!?

I know people that own capable rally cars to do One specific rally in the year.  They don't have to register for championship points, but if they win the event, they still take the reward for winning.  Nothing wrong with that.

KevM said:

I know people that own capable rally cars to do One specific rally in the year.  They don't have to register for championship points, but if they win the event, they still take the reward for winning.  Nothing wrong with that.
It's not real life. It's a game. If it won't follow certain rules, there won't be any satisfaction to actually getting the in-game credits.

So what's the downside?                                                                  

KevM said:

KevM said:
So what's the downside?                                                                  

you could farm the one event your good at all day for credits.

Also, people that do one rally a year and not registered for the championship irl go home with a cup if they win, not cash.

KevM said:
But no credits
You want credits - random stages.
You want specific stages - no credits.

If there wouldn't be any downside to doing Custom Championship, then no one would ever bother doing Custom Events at all. Seriously, this has been discussed so many times before...
But... I do custom events... :'( I only own the Mini and the Fulvia.

No interest in credits here, I would prefer the ability to do what you want with the sim and not be forced down some unlocking route. It kind of works in an environment like Gran Turismo where you have a 2 lap race and the gameplay aspect is the incentive to drive to unlock new stuff. After a while it becomes apparent the gameplay is the driving force not the driving (like getting to the next level in a platform game).

IMHO there isn't a sim out there where all the content is on a consistent level, there are "broken" cars and surfaces on every sim racing devs forum! So pushing a customer through everything isn't always a good idea. Giving the option of custom championships accessing all content seems like a good idea to me over and above single events.

I think 'Custom Event' (6+ different stages) should yield credits, but obviously a disproportionately low amount.  We can set up a 12 stage custom event, but its effectively just a 12 stage shake-down currently

Single Stage practice should not carry any reward though