Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bear's Happy Place

KevM said:

I must have this on a tshirt. 
Try customink. Not sure if they do Europe, or just NA though.

This is hilarious, frightening, and disturbing, all at the same time. 

This is hilarious, frightening, and disturbing, all at the same time. 
I don't even... 

I'm going to have nightmares about this. At least he's practising safe hat-wearing. It's good to see someone doing something to curb all these unwanted hat pregnancies. The poor things just end up in the system and never get ahead in life.

I'm glad I picked that one. The one about sex eduction in special schools would have just been cruel.

JZStudios said:
Weird thing is, this reminds of a guy I knew in school.
I think we all knew a guy like that in school, ha! There seemed to be a guy for every weird personality trait. 

JZStudios said:
I think we all knew a guy like that in school, ha! There seemed to be a guy for every weird personality trait. 
For Halloween he decided to wear his sisters dress, but he also had a habit of slouching down in his chair with his legs apart...

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
For Halloween he decided to wear his sisters dress, but he also had a habit of slouching down in his chair with his legs apart...
Slouching down - just like his grades I guess!

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
Slouching down - just like his grades I guess!
Hey now, just because you put a condom on your face doesn't make you stupid... oh wait... yes... yes it does.

I'm coming back to hide in here, because the league is pissing me off.
I never even bothered joining to begin with. It's a good way to just avoid BS.

As far as a sanctioned, off topic getting away from all things DiRT Rally (or aspects of the community as it may or may not be), my last few days have been dominated in finally editing and uploading a full, all S-Rank & Hardest Difficulty playthrough of Ace Combat 04 that's been sitting on my HDD since Summer 2013.
I guess Ace Combat is kinda my thing when it comes to being... 'recognised' online?
8 years since release and still in the top 10 for a couple of the Ace Combat 6 online leaderboards.
It'd be my own happy place in gaming, but there hasn't been a proper release in the series since then.

Kind of forcing my hand though. Whilst I might be able to do some Mega-Drive emulation or play the remastered release of Turok (in short bursts because goodness, that game is a good way of triggering motion sickness) while rendering a video, trying to play DiRT Rally isn't recommended. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5ZTRw5c_A&list=PLtPVFEfFrGQ9DRk7iSaA3jOgrpi-lrhR2

BrySkye said:
As far as a sanctioned, off topic getting away from all things DiRT Rally (or aspects of the community as it may or may not be), my last few days have been dominated in finally editing and uploading a full, all S-Rank & Hardest Difficulty playthrough of Ace Combat 04 that's been sitting on my HDD since Summer 2013.
I guess Ace Combat is kinda my thing when it comes to being... 'recognised' online?
8 years since release and still in the top 10 for a couple of the Ace Combat 6 online leaderboards.
It'd be my own happy place in gaming, but there hasn't been a proper release in the series since then.

Kind of forcing my hand though. Whilst I might be able to do some Mega-Drive emulation or play the remastered release of Turok (in short bursts because goodness, that game is a good way of triggering motion sickness) while rendering a video, trying to play DiRT Rally isn't recommended.
Interesting change from DR. I recently got re-unemployed...? ...A job again and had enough money to buy a new game so I went with Metal Gear and can't stop playing it. I don't know how much time I've put in DR, but I can't play it for 800 hours, that's crazy.

JZStudios said:
BrySkye said:

Interesting change from DR. I recently got re-unemployed...? ...A job again and had enough money to buy a new game so I went with Metal Gear and can't stop playing it. I don't know how much time I've put in DR, but I can't play it for 800 hours, that's crazy.
If you haven't already played it, and you've got some more spare cash, then I'd highly recommend The Witcher 3. 

The Witcher literature (literitcher? ZING) is incredible, so I was automatically a fan of the games when they came out, but my goodness, the latest game is a stroke of genius. So much love and care has been put into it, and it makes me sad that not all developers put 100% passion into their games like CD Projekt RED or our Codies DiRT team do. They're less about the money, and more about the story they can tell, and the immersion they can put upon the player. It truly is a perfect experience. 

JZStudios said:
BrySkye said:

If you haven't already played it, and you've got some more spare cash, then I'd highly recommend The Witcher 3. 

The Witcher literature (literitcher? ZING) is incredible, so I was automatically a fan of the games when they came out, but my goodness, the latest game is a stroke of genius. So much love and care has been put into it, and it makes me sad that not all developers put 100% passion into their games like CD Projekt RED or our Codies DiRT team do. They're less about the money, and more about the story they can tell, and the immersion they can put upon the player. It truly is a perfect experience. 
I got The Witcher 3 for free with my 960 when I bought it back in spring as part of the Nvidia promo. I played through it once, then did all the side quests, then was too over leveled to bother doing all the random loot points. anything I came across I could fart at and have it die. They did put a lot of effort into it though, the only RPG I'll probably ever actually complete. I also bought the season pass on GOG (which is apparently also owned and run by CD Projekt Red. They even threw in a fun little anti Steam easter egg in the form of a book.) and with the DLC pass I got Witcher 1 and 2 for free, and there was also some sale going on so I got STALKER for free as well. WOOT! haven't played any of them yet though...

JZStudios said:
By the way, you end up getting a present for your dad?
I did! Bought him a camera stand, the big McKlein rally history book, and a few other things.

RE Witcher, you might be interested in trying out New Game +, which solves the problems you stated, because I was suffering from the same issues. However, I just bought the season pass for £12 from G2A, and I'm currently playing through the first DLC story, Hearts of Stone, and it's excellent so far. 

JZStudios said:
I did! Bought him a camera stand, the big McKlein rally history book, and a few other things.

RE Witcher, you might be interested in trying out New Game +, which solves the problems you stated, because I was suffering from the same issues. However, I just bought the season pass for £12 from G2A, and I'm currently playing through the first DLC story, Hearts of Stone, and it's excellent so far. 
Yeah, Hearts of Stone was pretty good. I started doing NG+ then apparently I didn't do a hard save, so when I bounced back into my end game save it deleted it all and I gave up. Hearts made me spend like 1 milloin crowns or whatever on the runewright guy, and I never used it. Then again, I also just had that much spare change after the endgame. I was also hoping for it to really bring a lot more new content, but it was mostly just a few new buildings and maybe a small village or two.

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:

Yeah, Hearts of Stone was pretty good. I started doing NG+ then apparently I didn't do a hard save, so when I bounced back into my end game save it deleted it all and I gave up. Hearts made me spend like 1 milloin crowns or whatever on the runewright guy, and I never used it. Then again, I also just had that much spare change after the endgame. I was also hoping for it to really bring a lot more new content, but it was mostly just a few new buildings and maybe a small village or two.
I believe the next expansion is bringing another region, and at least 20 hours of new content! 
Also, you actually had 1 mil crowns!? Holy shit! 

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:

I believe the next expansion is bringing another region, and at least 20 hours of new content! 
Yes it is, I'm excited for it! Also, I didn't actually think I'd like the game (since I don't like rpg's) so I played it on just the story or whatever, I think it was the easiest setting, so I didn't ever actually spend that much money, I also got the skills or whatever that heal over time, thus eliminating the need for food. But that runewright guy took a lot of money. Slight exaggeration, he takes a total of 30,000 but the point still stands.

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:

Yes it is, I'm excited for it! Also, I didn't actually think I'd like the game (since I don't like rpg's) so I played it on just the story or whatever, I think it was the easiest setting, so I didn't ever actually spend that much money, I also got the skills or whatever that heal over time, thus eliminating the need for food. But that runewright guy took a lot of money. Slight exaggeration, he takes a total of 30,000 but the point still stands.
Yeah, my pal was trying to decide between Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 for his first proper RPG experience, and I told him outright that the Witcher needs to be his first. Even though he's never found RPG games to be a big pull for him, he's well and truly immersed in this one, and he's putting in some unhealthy hours on it, haha. 

I don't even understand whats happening with Kev. On the other hand, I feel like Witcher probably is a better choice than Fallout. Fallout has more options I guess, but a lot of it is just boring fetch quests, and any actual story you might actually be interested in and want to do, take forever and barely explain anything. The Witcher's quests all felt really good, though I did hit a point with the Bloody Baron where I started rushing because I wanted a change of scenery, which also isn't possible in Fallout's drab color palette. On the other hand, I recently got a birthday check for $25 and with the Steam winter sale decide to try my hand again at Assetto Corsa... Still not sure if I really like it any more than PCars or Dirt, but the mods are pretty nice.

I can't believe you guys are having coherent rational topical conversation in Bears Happy place... On Christmas Day too!!  That's bound to be illegal or something - ;)

KevM said:
I can't believe you guys are having coherent rational topical conversation in Bears Happy place... On Christmas Day too!!  That's bound to be illegal or something - ;)
Well what the hell was your picture about? BTW, Bears happy place isn't anything like my post dedicated to porky.