Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bear's Happy Place

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
How have I never seen this? This is brilliant.
https://youtu.be/JQugEZOrZSc
Btw The Grand Tour's new season premiers today
Watched the new episode at lunchtime today. Great to see they have ditched the two worst segments from the first season. "Conversation Street" seemed to drag on a bit though, as did the new celebrity section. 

The main feature was, as expected, very well shot, but the OTT scripting is present again. I know scripting has always been a part of Clarkson-era Top Gear/The Grand Tour, but I wish it wasn't so painfully evident! 

The trailer for the rest of the season has some interesting cars in it though, so looking forward to seeing more. Hopefully I won't need to use the fast forward option as much for the latter episodes in the series!

JZStudios said:
By far my favourite ever top gear sketch! The rest of it is just as hilarious too as they go on to take the piss out of Peugeot drivers

tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
Btw The Grand Tour's new season premiers today
Watched the new episode at lunchtime today. Great to see they have ditched the two worst segments from the first season. "Conversation Street" seemed to drag on a bit though, as did the new celebrity section. 

The main feature was, as expected, very well shot, but the OTT scripting is present again. I know scripting has always been a part of Clarkson-era Top Gear/The Grand Tour, but I wish it wasn't so painfully evident! 

The trailer for the rest of the season has some interesting cars in it though, so looking forward to seeing more. Hopefully I won't need to use the fast forward option as much for the latter episodes in the series!
That's disappointing. I'm pretty sure the scripting (apart from the 2 idiots that know nothing about cars) is the big reason no one watches the American Top Gear. Foust is the only one who can drive and knows anything at all about cars, so every time there's a "race" to find out who gets to drive the cool new hyped supercar guess who wins every single time? Not to mention Tanner is unfortunately just not very entertaining and the other 2 are woefully unfunny.
I only watched a few episodes of TGT's first season before the clear scripting was just too much. I don't know how it's got all the same people but the scripting is just that bad. It's like they think they have good ideas for a skit, but they're always just really awkward.

My very short opinion of new Grand Tour episode is this fact - i fast forwarded basically until the celebrity section, i have always kinda liked the interviews. -shrug- Hope it improves later.

Snaky115 said:
My very short opinion of new Grand Tour episode is this fact - i fast forwarded basically until the celebrity section, i have always kinda liked the interviews. -shrug- Hope it improves later.
I always skipped past the interviews, unless it was someone I knew or cared about in any fashion. A lot of them were very boring.
But I agree, the main "journey" of the episode basically wasted your time with the "continuing" drive through a Swedish town. They really couldn't spend any more time or attention on the much more interesting hill climb? Oh, and "Hammond" picked the one resort next to the one town with a charge port? I get they don't like electrics, but that's too on the nose.
The conversation street did drag on, the new test track is woefully small and technical, therefore slow. I thought with Amazon being A. American, and B. Not being the castrating (presumably) BBC that they would be more free to do whatever they want, but every episode just feels like they keep clamping down on things. It's weird.

JZStudios said:
Snaky115 said:
I always skipped past the interviews, unless it was someone I knew or cared about in any fashion. A lot of them were very boring.
But I agree, the main "journey" of the episode basically wasted your time with the "continuing" drive through a Swedish town. They really couldn't spend any more time or attention on the much more interesting hill climb? Oh, and "Hammond" picked the one resort next to the one town with a charge port? I get they don't like electrics, but that's too on the nose.
The conversation street did drag on, the new test track is woefully small and technical, therefore slow. I thought with Amazon being A. American, and B. Not being the castrating (presumably) BBC that they would be more free to do whatever they want, but every episode just feels like they keep clamping down on things. It's weird.
 - regarding your comment about the A/B  - this world needs a purge on lawyers only because of them do we have to put up with stuff like this and OH YEAH LICENSING!! 

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Snaky115 said:
 - regarding your comment about the A/B  - this world needs a purge on lawyers only because of them do we have to put up with stuff like this and OH YEAH LICENSING!! 
I just remember the early promos where they just said that Amazon let them do what they wanted.

JZStudios said:
Snaky115 said:
It was a Swiss town, not a Swedish town. I actually liked the Conversation street, reminded me of the old top gear, where the news segment was longer

On a side note, korean spambots are back! Now we just need throttle oversteer and it's back to the good old days :D

carpa said:
On a side note, korean spambots are back! Now we just need throttle oversteer and it's back to the good old days :D
Looks like the Micromachines forum got the full force of it - 53 pages of spam

So what are your thoughts on the 2nd episode of TGT? I think it was really good, at least didn't seem as overly scripted as season 1

Got rid of murican and celebrity brain crash ++

I'd still wish for more footage with cars then talking in studio...

As a bonus here you have a hardcoreawww picture of mamma bear.

versedi said:
Got rid of murican and celebrity brain crash ++

I'd still wish for more footage with cars then talking in studio...

As a bonus here you have a hardcoreawww picture of mamma bear.

Let me explain this picture.. Mother happy bear :) :p (Codemasters) and little boring bears  (cummunity) waiting things from their mother that they never happen... :'( :s :(

Good start for the GT episode, until the handicap arrived.... Ffs. It is progress - i am not skipping the first 30+ minutes of the episode this time! \o/

bogani said:
Does anybody have an issue with the Evo? Even after going for a massive over-steer setup for an experiment, the **** thing still under-steers like crazy on the throttle. It's an absolute ****. 
Yeees. The Evo VI is an understeering turd. It's a perfect example of the rear tires catching grip mid slide straightening the car in the nearest Aussie spider fence!
I just can’t get it to not understeer how ever hard I try, in Wales, the Evo 6 is attracted to the death walls I’m sure, I think it hates humans...

Didzis said:
So what are your thoughts on the 2nd episode of TGT? I think it was really good, at least didn't seem as overly scripted as season 1
Season 1 was the most scripted thing ever, I truly enjoyed the unscripted episode. I think that the most scripted episode ever was the special forces episode, I can’t lie, I still loved it!