Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

Didzis said:
Still, nothing beats the sense of achievement after winning Group B RWD class on Master.
Well, I haven't done that one yet :D 
I haven't done any of them. I'm more invested in the community than the game... weird. Probably because after work I'm like, "I can play Dirt, and get pissed off and rage quit, or play something else and fall asleep." And I choose the latter.
JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
Still, nothing beats the sense of achievement after winning Group B RWD class on Master.
I haven't done any of them. I'm more invested in the community than the game... weird. Probably because after work I'm like, "I can play Dirt, and get pissed off and rage quit, or play something else and fall asleep." And I choose the latter.
Whoa.. you got issues ;) 
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
Whoa.. you got issues ;) 
It happens. I'd play Metal Gear, or AC, PCars when I used to play that, and an old game called Freespace 2. None of which piss me off after not finishing a stage.
I just tried the Sierra for the first time since getting my new wheel and using 900 + soft lock. 

The joys! OH, the joys! It feels incredible. The flow is unreal, and it's up there with the most fun I've had throughout the 400 hrs so far. 

Also, I've found myself going full-RPG and using all-white cars (where available) during my runs when I test setups :P 
Combine the soft-lock with dash cam (takes a bit of adjusting to, you may need to move your monitor back 12inches) & you'll be astounded by the awesome!  Germany & Finland are good to start with as the stages are wide!!
KevM said:
Combine the soft-lock with dash cam (takes a bit of adjusting to, you may need to move your monitor back 12inches) & you'll be astounded by the awesome!  Germany & Finland are good to start with as the stages are wide!!
I play dash cam already ^_^ 
I need that in-car sound in my life, always. 
Can anybody recommend a good range of in-game FFB settings? 

The wheel I have doesn't give me the option for FFB amendments on the Logitech profiler, so it all hangs on the in-game settings. I still don't feel like I have it set up right. 

Running with the G920 if anybody has the same wheel with a good config. 
I cant see it being majorly different to the G27 in-game.  

You could try:-
FFB:
SAT 125
Wheel friction 15
Tyre friction 15
Suspension 100
Tyre Slip 50
Collision 100
Soft Lock 100
Centre Force 100
KevM said:
I cant see it being majorly different to the G27 in-game.  

You could try:-
FFB:
SAT 125
Wheel friction 15
Tyre friction 15
Suspension 100
Tyre Slip 50
Collision 100
Soft Lock 100
Centre Force 100
Some of those settings are significantly different from what I have now, so I'll definitely give them a try! Thank you. 
KevM said:
No bother Bear, I like them, they may not suit everyone though!
I finally got around to playing with those settings, and they did feel nice, and better than what I had. 

Are these settings close to being the best sim feel, do you know? I've unfortunately no personal experience to compare it to! 
KevM said:
I'm not sure either to be honest, but slides can be controlled much easier with those settings
It does indeed feel nice. 

I'd be interested to hear what our resident rally drivers think about the FFB in comparison to real world effects. Who've we got? I know @Rallycameraman is starting out, so if we can tag a few others to get their opinions then that would be cool. 
It impossible for me to comment as the steering on my 106 is quite heavy. Nothing like any gaming wheel i've ever played with.
That actually links me to another question I had in another thread; when driving the older cars I find the steering to be heavy at times, which is challenging seeing as I use 900 steering for the classics. When I'm countersteering I really do have to make sure I'm doing more than just rotating the wheel back the other way; the thing needs some oomf behind it at times I least expect it. 

So if this is a common trait for older cars then that's been some accidental good information :smiley: 
I've been curious about cars without power steering too. Might have to try and drive my car downhill with the engine off... My dads 73 pickup has power steering so fine you can drive with your pinky, but my 03 car is significantly less sensitive. I'm not sure what cars have power steering and what don't though.
JZStudios said:
I've been curious about cars without power steering too. Might have to try and drive my car downhill with the engine off... My dads 73 pickup has power steering so fine you can drive with your pinky, but my 03 car is significantly less sensitive. I'm not sure what cars have power steering and what don't though.
I would guess the 60's cars for sure... 
What was the steering angle for the Focus 2001 back in the day? I'm using it for the first time with soft lock, and it seems a lot more of an effort than other 2000+ cars. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAbQ5wRr0o

I'd say it's a 640 but I'm not a proper source, just concluded from various onboards.
versedi said:
What was the steering angle for the Focus 2001 back in the day? I'm using it for the first time with soft lock, and it seems a lot more of an effort than other 2000+ cars. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAbQ5wRr0o

I'd say it's a 640 but I'm not a proper source, just concluded from various onboards.
That explains it! Thanks for that. I did think that more steering  effort was required. 

I think I need to lower the wheel resistance though, because it seems a bit too much on some cars which run a higher angle than modern machines.

Archived