Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

dgeesi0 said:
the more modern cars are a lot easier to drive. ah the days of flooring the focus round bends on ice :)

you should try driving some of the older cars. thats why you have arms like swarzeneggar :D
I drive 70's mostly, specifically the Mk2, which is one of the most sideways cars to rally :P (if you wanna drive it properly!) 
I just wasn't expecting the high steering angle with the Focus for some reason, so I was taken by surprise. 
dgeesi0 said:
the more modern cars are a lot easier to drive. ah the days of flooring the focus round bends on ice :)

you should try driving some of the older cars. thats why you have arms like swarzeneggar :D
I probably would, but my cheesy chinese wheel stand would probably snap. Then again I could always reinforce it with more plywood....
PaloSamo said:
I need to get somebody to loan me their rally car so I can properly set up my FFB :smiley: 
You need to drive rally cars representing each class as they probably differ in terms of driving and "FFB feel" ;) 
Of course, but at least I'd be able to get a rough idea of what other cars feel like by generation by having a place to start
  • 2 weeks later...
I tried Racked FFB there Bear.  
After some tweaking to their recommended in-game FFB settings, I was impressed by the 'weight' of the wheel, but after a few stages I decided that something was actually missing and control was compromised, so uninstalled it to be sure.  Did the right thing.  Original is best!
The problem with consumer steering wheel is the FFB motor go woozo due the the weight of the wheel.

If the wheel would use something very light parts such as carbon fiber or light aluminium, it would feel much more realistic.
MrDeap said:
The problem with consumer steering wheel is the FFB motor go woozo due the the weight of the wheel.

If the wheel would use something very light parts such as carbon fiber or light aluminium, it would feel much more realistic.
That's why you mod your wheel. I have a GT2 and I'm thinking about replacing the wheel and sending the wires out to a button box. I could make Carbon paddle shifters, but I don't really use paddles.
So, with all these ridiculous accusations and weird qualifications for cheating, I'm just going to hang out in here. For some reason this forum has started becoming a lot less fun and more frustrating.
http41mediatumblrcom53d0f7f5bd2a153da5b890adbbdb48abtumblr_nok4lbiqlx1tkzf84o1_1280png
P.S. I used to know a guy named
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
I'm glad the madness has been relatively contained to specific threads so it's easy to ignore. I think everyone's gotten so used to regular content updates in Early Access that we're having withdrawal symptoms since it's been so long.
JZStudios said:
So, with all these ridiculous accusations and weird qualifications for cheating, I'm just going to hang out in here. For some reason this forum has started becoming a lot less fun and more frustrating.
http41mediatumblrcom53d0f7f5bd2a153da5b890adbbdb48abtumblr_nok4lbiqlx1tkzf84o1_1280png
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
I have had my Bearwareness increased.
enamel said:
JZStudios said:
I have had my Bearwareness increased.
It was basically the first picture I found.

Archived