Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

So I think I'm going to hang out here until the console stuff dies down and interesting things start happening again. Speaking of which, I'm done with my community video, if anyone cares. Which, y'know, if you don't then that's fine too... I'd just like to say PLEASE LIKE ME!
JZStudios said:
So I think I'm going to hang out here until the console stuff dies down and interesting things start happening again. Speaking of which, I'm done with my community video, if anyone cares. Which, y'know, if you don't then that's fine too... I'd just like to say PLEASE LIKE ME!
Haha, I'll go have a look at it now if it's in the thread. 
I'll need to wade through the console newbs first. 
JZStudios said:
Haha, I'll go have a look at it now if it's in the thread. 
I'll need to wade through the console newbs first. 
Haha, it's crazy how suddenly there's like 45 new threads about this crap. :p I'm not against consoles, but good lord, the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
That's what this thread is for, isn't it? Shielding ourselves from the nightmares of the outside world? Or was it something about bears? I forget.

Since this is a happy place, I'd like to share that I've been having an absolute blast ripping around Monte with the A110. What a great feeling car, it doesn't feel anything like any of the other cars in the game, the rear engine really does make for a totally different driving experience. So much fun.
BadD0g said:
That's what this thread is for, isn't it? Shielding ourselves from the nightmares of the outside world? Or was it something about bears? I forget.

Since this is a happy place, I'd like to share that I've been having an absolute blast ripping around Monte with the A110. What a great feeling car, it doesn't feel anything like any of the other cars in the game, the rear engine really does make for a totally different driving experience. So much fun.
This is indeed a serene place, for when things get hectic outside of the thread. 

Such a great car, the A110. That sound, too! 
Yep, sounds like the Kadett/Manta, but it's definitely processed differently. Sounds different enough for me, I like it.
The 5 Turbo however uses the same placeholder sound as the Delta Integrale, and they sound almost exactly the same. Not a bad sound, just not very distinct.
Such a great car, the A110. That sound, too! 
I am going to burst your happy bubble by presenting you with some facts. The Alpine is using the Opel Manta 400 sounds. Placeholder until they can record the real deal me thinks.
I never even noticed. Ah well :] 
Shows you how much I've used the Manta! 

Also, I'm once again retreating here for the day, to hide from some of the ludicrous comments from the newbies. 
JZStudios said:
 the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
New Topics would be ok, but its the same damn topic, repeated over 45 different threads! lol

I'll have beer please bar-tender, I'm waiting for the storm to pass....  lol
I tried out CREST on today's daily, it's really cool. Fun to see where my lines were good and where they weren't, especially in places where I thought my line was good but from a top view it's clear that I was way off. I really like the colored line showing throttle/brake points on the road.
Comparing my run to the fast guys is really interesting, I clearly need to work on my commitment around corners! I think I'd like it even better if it was integrated into the game though, but I won't complain. It's really nicely put together and easy to use.
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
JZStudios said:
 the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
I'll have beer please bar-tender, I'm waiting for the storm to pass....  lol
https://youtu.be/Dq6zRL8EXkY
I'd ask for a beer as well, but frankly, just not a big fan of alcohol.

Yaaaas, Atreyu! 
You're a fan? Hahaha, I just assume no one likes my music.
BadD0g said:
I tried out CREST on today's daily, it's really cool. Fun to see where my lines were good and where they weren't, especially in places where I thought my line was good but from a top view it's clear that I was way off. I really like the colored line showing throttle/brake points on the road.
Comparing my run to the fast guys is really interesting, I clearly need to work on my commitment around corners! I think I'd like it even better if it was integrated into the game though, but I won't complain. It's really nicely put together and easy to use.
I just decided to reinstall R3E for the hell of it, and I actually really like the ghost driving line in that. It shows shift points, throttle, coasting, and varying levels of braking on the track. It's actually really useful to figure out where exactly you could fix things.
Isn't Atreyu that dude that looks like a chick in that 1984 film with a giant flying dog in it?
Hahaha! That's the German movie/book. In America we had our own translated version called a never ending story.
And I think it was a dragon dog..thing?
JZStudios said:
Isn't Atreyu that dude that looks like a chick in that 1984 film with a giant flying dog in it?
Hahaha! That's the German movie/book. In America we had our own translated version called a never ending story.
Ah yes, Neverending Story. We're thinking of the same movie then.

The dog might've been a dragon, but it looks like a dog to me. I also remember statues with a great pair of knockers.

JZStudios said:
I also remember statues with a great pair of knockers.
Ah, the perks of elementary school. Or middle school? I don't remember. Not sure why exactly the band picked that name.

Archived