Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

JZStudios said:
That, combined with Need For Speed 3, and Forza really got me into racing games. Then later Burnout 3.
Pretty sure that Forza came way after those two titles ;)
Probably, but that's when it was all introduced to me. It was definitely later, but probably not by too much. My dad hates games with a vengeance for no particular reason. I only got an Xbox when my oldest brother gave it to us. Also only got GTR and NFS when it was given to us.

BadD0g said:
Is he one of the "Don't sit too close to the TV, you'll go blind!" kinds of people?  ;)
No, he's one of the "If you play games you basically may as well kill yourself because you're wasting your life." And also every game comes with viruses.
Which I find funny that he hates my sim racing stuff, which is just a wheel and wheelstand, but if I had a full flight sim cockpit he'd be all over it.

BadD0g said:
Ah, he just doesn't understand the technology then. Seems like you won't be able to convince him otherwise. You should have him play DR, I bet that would go over well.  :D
I let him try my wheel before I actually screwed it into the base, he ended up ripping it off the base and ruining my shifter cable. I now have to use like a 6 foot cable to go less than a foot. Basically, anything he's not interested in is a waste of time, money, and life, and may as well burn. He still needs to fix my cable, I'm going to have to do it myself if I ever get bothered enough.

JZStudios said:
Speaking of, hows the kartkraft?                                                                                 
No idea. Have a duplicate key, like a lot of other people. They said they will fix it. I am waiting. 
Hmm. Interesting that it's in Unreal Engine. As a rule of thumb I don't like most Unreal engine games because they look weird. People tend to think that super glossy, bright highlights and ridiculous bloom are realistic. Most of Unreal games look like everything's always wet.
Also unusual is that while Unreal can do car games, I can't think of any others that are.
But, on another side note, it'll finally be a PC sim with graphics that shouldn't suck. Based on trailers it looks pretty good.

JZStudios said:
Huh. I've apparently now been on this forum for a whole year. Where does the time go? Short of turning philosophical, I'll just say that in a year I've done very little, except go through 3 jobs.... hmm...
The older you become the faster time flies.  :) I believe it's a mechanic in the brain that prevents you from memorizing all the stuff that happend in your life, otherwise you would go insane or/and you feel your life is taking too long so you mind cannot keep up and you will be depressive and suicide. So the brain or mind, whatever you call it forgets things to make it easier for you 
Your first year is the same length as your whole life, your second year is half of your life so far, your 10th year is a tenth of your life and so on. Each coming year is a smaller part of your life so far than the last one, that's why years seem to speed past more quickly the older you are.

No, I literally just don't do anything. I just drone to work, get fed up, quit, find another job. I do think about time travel a lot though. The only thing I've done really in the past year is upgrade my PC, which is still ongoing, break my crappy wheelstand, and buy a new one that's coming today. I'm waiting on my dad to fashion me up some monitor adapter brackets I bought to go with my Ergotech. My side monitors have no VESA mount, and the adapter I bought puts the monitor too high so it needs to be lowered via welding. Of which, I just looked up @RinusRally's monitors and they would be nice, but I got some cheaper Acers with a much thinner bezel.
Other than that, trying to help my friend grow his photography/music business is leading me nowhere as there's not really a whole lot I can do for him.
I actively try to forget days, as well as they all blur together because they're all basically the same anyways. Anything out of the usual I remember pretty well.

1 day later. So no double reply. Btw I am so happy. The handbrake feels so awesome. so real, so much immersion. Also I drive much better than with a on/off handbrake. The only con is that my shifters and wheel feel a lil too weak now. Oh boy. I am going to buy some beer and drive some more custom events.  <3
What are you talking about? I thought you were taking the week off.

Anyways, this just randomly showed up in my YouTube suggestion box and thought it was interesting.
https://youtu.be/1W_J6UhQP6s

BadD0g said:
Hi, happy place! How's everybody doing?  :p
Excellent question. Interfacing in forums of late has proven to be less fruitful than previously.
Still waiting on my dad to fashion me up those monitor brackets, and now he's going out of state for... some amount of time. Should probably ask about that.
Maybe we should just talk about exciting games coming out.
Still excited for No Man's Sky, and apart from Ryu's false claims about Horizon 3's graphics it still looks amazing, and based on the past 2 will play the same. Hopefully they have some rally type roads around, or a rally DLC like the first game.
Kojima's new game also looks... interesting.... Unlike BF1, or 7, or 1914... seriously, calling it 1 is super dumb. I'm just really uninterested in it.
Horizon Zero Dawn also looks really good, as far as I know it's also FINALLY a game with an original concept.
God Of War... ? also looks interesting, huge step away from the past 6 games though, so we'll see how that pans out. Not sure when Kratos got a son... or a magical Freeze axe for that matter...

I don't get excited about E3 presentations most of the time because most of it is just marketing and I'd rather wait to see the final game, but there's always a handful of games that win me over. This year I had two winners.

First, Grow Up, because Grow Home was one of my favorite games of last year and I'm super happy that it's getting more attention. I loved everything about that game and the new one looks like the same but with a bigger world to explore and some new tools to play with, exactly what I'd want from a sequel.

The other is Dishonored 2, I haven't gotten around to playing the first one but I did watch a full playthrough a few years back and I loved it. I really liked their no-bullshit presentation and the fact that preordering gets you the complete version of the first game is really enticing. I don't normally preorder anything but I'm thinking I'd probably end up getting this game anyways, and since I want to play the first one I think it would be a safe bet for me.

Bear, you seem to have a ghost following you around.  :D That's a strange thing indeed. The forum works in mysterious ways.

EDIT: I just realized I've got my first ever 'Disagree." That means my perfect nice guy record is now over. Oh well.  :(  It was on a post where I nonsensically complained about DirectX while tired and a bit grumpy, so I guess that's fair. 

A post by @Rallycameraman we all killed his record by disagreing/spam etc lots of fun and a great guy to roast a little, good sport about it too.  

All in all, your record only counts for how many good friends you've made on the forum, not your disagree checks.  

@BadD0g you seem like a good guy, no worries 

Cheers, man! I don't see the point of being argumentative and hostile online, it's not going to get you anywhere. If I feel like what I'm typing isn't something I'd say in real life, I don't post it. The internet would be a lot nicer if more people did that too.

BadD0g said:
I don't get excited about E3 presentations most of the time because most of it is just marketing and I'd rather wait to see the final game, but there's always a handful of games that win me over. This year I had two winners.

First, Grow Up, because Grow Home was one of my favorite games of last year and I'm super happy that it's getting more attention. I loved everything about that game and the new one looks like the same but with a bigger world to explore and some new tools to play with, exactly what I'd want from a sequel.

The other is Dishonored 2, I haven't gotten around to playing the first one but I did watch a full playthrough a few years back and I loved it. I really liked their no-bullshit presentation and the fact that preordering gets you the complete version of the first game is really enticing. I don't normally preorder anything but I'm thinking I'd probably end up getting this game anyways, and since I want to play the first one I think it would be a safe bet for me.

Bear, you seem to have a ghost following you around.  :D That's a strange thing indeed. The forum works in mysterious ways.

EDIT: I just realized I've got my first ever 'Disagree." That means my perfect nice guy record is now over. Oh well.  :(  It was on a post where I nonsensically complained about DirectX while tired and a bit grumpy, so I guess that's fair. 
I'm actually, well... not interested in either of those. Dishonored looks fun, but it's got an artstyle I just don't like. I refuse to play Borderlands for the same reason. I'd much rather skip the cell shading, always an effect I've hated since it just meant artists and texturers can be lazier, which is proofed by Borderlands 2. Looks significantly worse than 1. I'm still excited for my list though, because they're developers that always put out great content. Horizon 3 at worst will be just like Horizon 2 in a new location, and 2 was awesome. The God of War series has been a long time favorite since my brother got them on Ps2 and made me play all the hard parts he couldn't beat, No Man's Sky looks like a game I can play after work and just do literally whatever I want, Kojima has ALWAYS more than delivered, except maybe slightly with MGSV, to which I blame Konami. Horizon Zero Dawn just looks new and interesting at this point, as long as it doesn't fall into the usual repetitive open world type deal that all the Ubisoft games do. The games I'm excited for I know will be great games, their studios are all like Rockstar or better.

As to your disagree, well, I've amassed 21 of them along with 7 off topics and 3 abuses. To which the abuses are all linked to me flipping my shit about the dumb Steam refund that everyone thinks is great. I'm sorry, but no, two hours is not enough for me to decide if I want to play a game.
On the bright side, I have 179 likes, 193 agrees, and 363 LOL's, as well as 26 awesomes.
I know want to find the "funniest" man on the forum....

Archived