Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

Interesting, I actually can't stand that car, and it took me a very long time to figure out why. I absolutely LOVE the Evo (and it's wonderful in Sweden), but the Subaru rotates just a little bit differently and it completely throws me. It feels like the Subaru rotates about its center, while the Evo rotates about its front wheels. That may not be what's actually happening, but that's what it feels like, and no matter what I do I can't find any amount of comfort with it. The Evo, on the other hand, fits me like a glove (c wot i did ther?) and I think that's the only thing that feels noticeably different between them.
BadD0g said:
Interesting, I actually can't stand that car, and it took me a very long time to figure out why. I absolutely LOVE the Evo (and it's wonderful in Sweden), but the Subaru rotates just a little bit differently and it completely throws me. It feels like the Subaru rotates about its center, while the Evo rotates about its front wheels. That may not be what's actually happening, but that's what it feels like, and no matter what I do I can't find any amount of comfort with it. The Evo, on the other hand, fits me like a glove (c wot i did ther?) and I think that's the only thing that feels noticeably different between them.
I find the Impreza to be a lot more balanced in its movement, and generally lighter, and can get a nice flowing action going through the corners. Though when I drive the Evo it is a much more aggressive approach that's needed. Very different characteristics.
We probably have slight differences in the way we drive that make the cars feel different for us. I can't get any kind of flow out of the Subaru (believe me, I've tried), but when I drive the Evo I feel like I'm way smoother than I am in most other cars. I find I have to be much more meticulous about setting up for a corner, so when I drive it have to be LESS aggressive than usual. It does definitely feel heavier, and that weight will bite you if you try to throw it around too recklessly.

Interesting that these cars are so similar in performance that the minor details of the way they're set up can make or break them for some people.

Weirdo 

I apparently missed that episode.
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
It's was a kinda recurring theme...  :D            
I also haven't watched the show in a few years. When I did my drunk uncle would just walk out and say how gay the show was. Kind of limited the entertainment value.
Yup, because a guy nailing 40 women in the course of 9 years it's gay as hell! That's like 4 and a half girls per year!!! 
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
It's was a kinda recurring theme...  :D            
I also haven't watched the show in a few years. When I did my drunk uncle would just walk out and say how gay the show was. Kind of limited the entertainment value.
Yup, because a guy nailing 40 women in the course of 9 years it's gay as hell! That's like 4 and a half girls per year!!! 

Archived