Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

JZStudios said:
KevM said:
It's was a kinda recurring theme...  :D            
I also haven't watched the show in a few years. When I did my drunk uncle would just walk out and say how gay the show was. Kind of limited the entertainment value.
Yup, because a guy nailing 40 women in the course of 9 years it's gay as hell! That's like 4 and a half girls per year!!! 
Not sure where you're going with that, but he couldn't stand the fact that Neil Patrick Harris is gay but his character isn't. Fun fact, my brother had a friend that was like the black version of Barney. Almost to the T.
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
I also haven't watched the show in a few years. When I did my drunk uncle would just walk out and say how gay the show was. Kind of limited the entertainment value.
Yup, because a guy nailing 40 women in the course of 9 years it's gay as hell! That's like 4 and a half girls per year!!! 
Not sure where you're going with that, but he couldn't stand the fact that Neil Patrick Harris is gay but his character isn't.

dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
Not sure where you're going with that, but he couldn't stand the fact that Neil Patrick Harris is gay but his character isn't.

There's no reasoning with drunk uncle.
JZStudios said:
KevM said:

We had a rare warm day for February so I got started on a new project:

Don't mind all the overspray, there's plastic film covering the outside of the body that will come off when I'm done. I considered doing the silver-and-blue Barracuda livery from DR, but I don't have an easy way of making the necessary decals for it, and the masking would have been a serious pain in the butt.
I have that stuff, it doesn't stick to lexan well. Plus, the "Barracuda" text would be a nightmare to cut out by hand. I'd need to track down a vinyl plotter I think.

Masking out the blue portion would have been real rough though. I had a hell of a time getting the window masks in as is, there's so many tight curves and not enough room for your hands.

Reminds me of the time I spent the night at a friends house and we used the air mattress as a blob. It may or may not have had a hole to begin with.
httpsaforestadventurescozawp-contentuploads201309Blob-Sa-Forest-Adventuresjpg
Nearly done!

Some of the decals were a complete pain in the butt, particularly the side window trims and the front marker lights (those don't fit well at all). The silver trim strips on the sides and hood were the worst though, they kept lifting at the edges. I eventually just took them off, masked the lines, and colored them with a silver sharpie instead.
I'm calling this one done for now. Eventually it'll get an interior, but that will wait. After all, I've got to save my money for a certain game coming soon.  ;)

Setup is good for my bumpy driveway, but it'll need rally tires and softer springs before it sees dirt. You can read a more detailed build thread about this car here if you're interested: http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/showthread.php?25523-DougJ-s-M06-Alpine-A110/page3

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this thing's rear-engine rear wheel drive, so it behaves just like the Alpine in DR.  :)
JZStudios said:
Behaves just like? Somehow I kind of doubt that. Looks pretty sweet though. Better make sure Paul doesn't give you bad directions and plant yourself in a steel beam bush.
What I meant by that was it shares the same handling characteristics because the chassis layout and weight distribution is similar. It's got tons of rear grip, and the steering is nimble off-throttle and under braking, but on-throttle it pushes a little since the front end is so light. The front tires are harder compound than the rears, so it exaggerates that a bit, initially I thought that was bad but after driving it more it makes it much easier to handle. The wheelbase is super short so it would be snappy if it had more front grip.
We had a couple days where it was below -20°C (-4°F) and even reaching -30°C (-22°F) in the eastern part of the country, that was when there were massive cold fronts (cold waves? not sure how to call them in english) across Europe. Usually it's about -5°C to -10°C during winter here. Also, it's an interesting experience driving a bicycle when it's -15 :D 
Didzis said:
We had a couple days where it was below -20°C (-4°F) and even reaching -30°C (-22°F) in the eastern part of the country, that was when there were massive cold fronts (cold waves? not sure how to call them in english) across Europe. Usually it's about -5°C to -10°C during winter here. Also, it's an interesting experience driving a bicycle when it's -15 :D 
Yeah, that's too cold. I'd move to Minnesota if I wanted -40.
JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
Yeah, that's too cold. I'd move to Minnesota if I wanted -40.
This winter in Minnesota has actually been pretty mild.

Archived