Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place


thecraicbear

Recommended Posts

On a side note, anyone ever heard of Wallpaper Engine on Steam? It's actually pretty neat, and you can make whatever video you want as your desktop wallpaper.
I have a bunch of pixel art gifs from this guy. http://1041uuu.tumblr.com/ But for you maybe... more focused individuals, you can get any of your favorite rally clips or whatever and make it your desktop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...






Ooooo I'm liking this new internet of mine:



Oh my, it re-peaked at 48.8mb/s!






Man, what kind of crap is that? I always assumed Steam just cut off my speed at like 4MB. Our internets definitely faster than 4MB...
I'm very upset right now.
I also see that you're logged in as some form of batman...

According to OOKLA my download speed is around 50-55MB, so why does Steam max at 4? Did the same thing on my brother's laptop.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


JZStudios said:
According to OOKLA my download speed is around 50-55MB, so why does Steam max at 4? Did the same thing on my brother's laptop.


I think you might be mixing up MB/s and Mbit/s. Steam shows download speeds in MB/s (Megabytes per second), while Speedtest by default shows speed in Mbit/s (Megabits per second). 50 Mbit/s = 6,25 MB/s (not far off from your 4)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Didzis said:



JZStudios said:
According to OOKLA my download speed is around 50-55MB, so why does Steam max at 4? Did the same thing on my brother's laptop.




I think you might be mixing up MB/s and Mbit/s. Steam shows download speeds in MB/s (Megabytes per second), while Speedtest by default shows speed in Mbit/s (Megabits per second). 50 Mbit/s = 6,25 MB/s (not far off from your 4)


You can change that in the Steam settings if you want, just so you know.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

JZStudios said:

So, with my recent and rather inconvenient hand injury I'll be stuck at home for a few weeks.
Anyone know any good movies or one handed capable games (of a non-nefarious sort) to pass the time?


I rewatched the 1983 film "Christine" a couple of days back, been a few years. I reckon you'll like it as well.

Sadly they've edited out over 30 minutes of footage... so the book is a lot better. I mean, it's better even if all that footage had been included in the movie, but you get my point. If you get the chance, read the book as well.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


JZStudios said:

So, with my recent and rather inconvenient hand injury I'll be stuck at home for a few weeks.
Anyone know any good movies or one handed capable games (of a non-nefarious sort) to pass the time?


You could immerse yoursel in Marvel TV universe. With the new Defenders coming up there's some catching up with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist (well, if you're into superhero/comic book movies in the first place) :D 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've started watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I had never watched due to not wanting to watch a movie for 4 hours... I can't for the life of me figure out why Frodo has the same look on his face for nearly 10 hours.

...somehow I'm not surprised at your choice Pork...seems almost as good as that movie about an evil tire. Which is a real thing....
As long as the movie doesn't play out like Misery it should be good.

I've never been big on superhero movies, and they resulted in a pretty big "It's okay" from me. Haven't tried Jessica Jones, but I watched 2 or 3 episodes of Iron Fist and good god the pacing is terrible. Might try watching Jones and Cage more though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites



JZStudios said:


I've never been big on superhero movies, and they resulted in a pretty big "It's okay" from me. Haven't tried Jessica Jones, but I watched 2 or 3 episodes of Iron Fist and good god the pacing is terrible. Might try watching Jones and Cage more though.




Out of those I only haven't seen Iron Fist, but people say it's the worst of them. Daredevil was good. 
Other than Marvel, I'm also watching Better Call Saul. The origin story of Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. It's more like a lawyer drama with some drug kartel action thrown in (something completely different from the Marvel movies :D)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Didzis said:




JZStudios said:



I've never been big on superhero movies, and they resulted in a pretty big "It's okay" from me. Haven't tried Jessica Jones, but I watched 2 or 3 episodes of Iron Fist and good god the pacing is terrible. Might try watching Jones and Cage more though.






Out of those I only haven't seen Iron Fist, but people say it's the worst of them. Daredevil was good. 
Other than Marvel, I'm also watching Better Call Saul. The origin story of Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. It's more like a lawyer drama with some drug kartel action thrown in (something completely different from the Marvel movies :D)


The Lilyhammer series on Netflix was pretty good too.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
It's almost time.                                   
Indeed, the happy place needs to be prepared as it's almost time for a flood of terrible hot takes to wash over the forums like a mumps outbreak in an anti-vaxxer community.

Also, a new Dirt game or something too?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...