Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

It's almost time.                                   
I'm still just upset that my fingers are all messed up. Went back and got the stitches removed today, and while "It looks good" according to the doctor it's not as healed as I hoped.
Although I suppose on the bright side I might miss the fallout.
War never changes.
enamel said:
It's almost time.                                   
Indeed, the happy place needs to be prepared as it's almost time for a flood of terrible hot takes to wash over the forums like a mumps outbreak in an anti-vaxxer community.

Also, a new Dirt game or something too?
I tried to click "LOL" and "Agree" at the same time. 

https://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw

Oh, looks cozy in here. I'll just squeeze in for a while, some bad forum weather coming up.

I got my wheelstand pro today, hope I'll have time to try it out tonight. Bought it on a whim, so I hope it's not complete crap.
Dytut said:
Oh, looks cozy in here. I'll just squeeze in for a while, some bad forum weather coming up.
And spam, don't forget the influx of Korean posts that always turn up with every new release. Can't wait :/
It started yesterday with 1. Today there were 2-3. 
Siege predicted for tomorrow. 
First trial run of the wheelstand pro, pretty good actually. More solid and stable than I thought it would be. Folds down nicely, so can stow it under the desk when not using it.
Dytut said:
First trial run of the wheelstand pro, pretty good actually. More solid and stable than I thought it would be. Folds down nicely, so can stow it under the desk when not using it.
Yup, it will rock a little back and forth if you're really vigorous with the wheel but even then it's not bad at all.
Dytut said:

I got my wheelstand pro today, hope I'll have time to try it out tonight. Bought it on a whim, so I hope it's not complete crap.
My wheelstands been treating me pretty well. Only issue I have is that it can slide back on carpet, and the Fanatec shifter tilts it to one side, but that things also like 20 pounds. The only other downside is my desk is quite high and the center post is a little short.
I initially bought some cheap chinese one I had to modify a lot, and ended up breaking.
Don't worry, chaps. My humble, warm abode is open to all who are well behaved. 
What if we don't like to be well behaved? What if were just a little DiRTy?
I might have to hide out here too. Things haven't got crazy yet, but I feel the wave of madness will be much, MUCH worse than the DR console release. Stay frosty,everyone. :p

Everyone in the Gossip thread is in hype mode right now. I've been watching Aki's videos but I'd say I'm feeling more "patient" than "hyped." I'm definitely excited, but I don't get crazy excited about upcoming games like I used to (for better or worse I suppose). I guess being a PC gamer in recent years has made me wary of getting too excited.
BadD0g said:
I might have to hide out here too. Things haven't got crazy yet, but I feel the wave of madness will be much, MUCH worse than the DR console release. Stay frosty,everyone. :p

Everyone in the Gossip thread is in hype mode right now. I've been watching Aki's videos but I'd say I'm feeling more "patient" than "hyped." I'm definitely excited, but I don't get crazy excited about upcoming games like I used to (for better or worse I suppose). I guess being a PC gamer in recent years has made me wary of getting too excited.
I've skipped about 20 pages on the gossip thread now. It's mostly stuff that's already been covered or people talking about very specific details about very specific things I frankly don't care about. I'm sorry, but I don't care if the dashboard is the wrong color or the boost gauge is missing or in PSI/Bar. Is the car in the game? Does it drive well? Good. That's really all I care about.

As to a completely unrelated topic for @Porkhammer  I was talking about this, which I believe was first in Burnout 2.
httpssteamuserimages-aakamaihdnetugc8250548772025160209F3042AE1078356909C230E7F12F3CABC6733D4interpolationlanczos-noneoutput-formatjpegoutput-quality95fitinside1024640composite-to3D2A2C2A7C10243A640background-colorblack
JZStudios said:
As to a completely unrelated topic for @Porkhammer  I was talking about this, which I believe was first in Burnout 2.
httpssteamuserimages-aakamaihdnetugc8250548772025160209F3042AE1078356909C230E7F12F3CABC6733D4interpolationlanczos-noneoutput-formatjpegoutput-quality95fitinside1024640composite-to3D2A2C2A7C10243A640background-colorblack
Yup, the Custom Coupe first appeared in Burnout 2, returned as the Custom Coupe Ultimate in Takedown, and again as the Kitano Hydros Techno in Paradise. Maybe for my mid-life crisis, I'd like to buy a Civic or RSX and basically cosplay it as the Hydros Techno. Except everyone would think it's supposed to be Brian's Eclipse from 2 Fast 2 Furious and I'm an idiot and can't tell the difference between an Eclipse and a Civic, and I'd have to explain that it's from a video game etc etc
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Yup, the Custom Coupe first appeared in Burnout 2, returned as the Custom Coupe Ultimate in Takedown, and again as the Kitano Hydros Techno in Paradise. Maybe for my mid-life crisis, I'd like to buy a Civic or RSX and basically cosplay it as the Hydros Techno. Except everyone would think it's supposed to be Brian's Eclipse from 2 Fast 2 Furious and I'm an idiot and can't tell the difference between an Eclipse and a Civic, and I'd have to explain that it's from a video game etc etc
Brian had a Lancer which had pictures of the car on the side. Actually looking at it now, it was kind of cool when I was like 9, but now it's actually pretty dumb. Though I suppose the Lancer could still work... except it's a 4 door. Actually I think the biggest issue is everyone would expect you to be a ricer and probably try to race you.
httpvignette1wikianocookienetfastandfuriousimagesff8Lancer-evo-vii-2-fast-2-furiousjpgrevisionlatestcb20150713085020

I do have a pool... testing shall start immediately.
I just got back from vacation.  I see there are 280 posts in the Gossip section, I am afraid to go there as I hear there are some mixed reactions to the videos that are trickling out.   :(

Archived