Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

gfRally said:
I just got back from vacation.  I see there are 280 posts in the Gossip section, I am afraid to go there as I hear there are some mixed reactions to the videos that are trickling out.   :(

It's mostly just people who've never played the game or driven a rally car judging the physics already based on watching somebody else drive, don't worry.  ;)
...and other people who have played the game, discussing the physics with people who have driven Rally cars.

Discussion, on a discussion forum.  It's quite successful in that respect lol
KevM said:
...and other people who have played the game, discussing the physics with people who have driven Rally cars.

That being said most that have played are saying the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to the changes. With the feeling of weight transfer and weight of the car being vastly improved and a bit to much grip on the rear being the negative.
KevM said:

I said, "mostly," not "all."  ;)

@gfRally if you want to catch up, Porkhammer and dgeesi0 have posted no-commentary PC footage on their Youtube channels. Although the Youtube compression muddies things unfortunately, it's good to see some 1080p PC footage regardless. It looks (and sounds) quite lovely.
Dytut said:
Well I'm staying out of the gossip thread for a while now. Who dares venture there, be brave.
Yep, I just scan through looking for the funnies, just like with the morning newspaper. I just woke up there's 96 posts, and I bet none of them are useful.
gfRally said:
Maybe that thread should be nipped back a few months and closed and preserved as a testament of a great community.   Then just make one called DirtyWhiners (whinos?) 

Indeed. The gossip thread should be hidden with special access.
I'm a bit miffed that some people who weren't entirely invested in DiRT Rally have been given early access to D4, when people like myself, who have pumped in an ungodly amount of hours into DR, don't even get to play it on release day due to being away from home for a while :( :( :( 
I'm a bit miffed that some people who weren't entirely invested in DiRT Rally have been given early access to D4, when people like myself, who have pumped in an ungodly amount of hours into DR, don't even get to play it on release day due to being away from home for a while :( :( :( 
Well just find comfort in the fact that you didn't get a code when you couldn't use it.
It'll be there waiting wearing nothing but a nice silk ribbon when you return.
Normally I'd post a fittingly indecent picture, but this particular topic scares me a bit.
Edit* I just remembered you (at least used to) like Atreyu, so I could mention Corseting?
JZStudios said:
Well just find comfort in the fact that you didn't get a code when you couldn't use it.
It'll be there waiting wearing nothing but a nice silk ribbon when you return.
Normally I'd post a fittingly indecent picture, but this particular topic scares me a bit.
Edit* I just remembered you (at least used to) like Atreyu, so I could mention Corseting?
The reason for me being miffed is because I would have been able to play with early access right up until launch, because launch day is the day I go away :( 

Also, Coresting isn't a song I listen to much, but the riffs in that track are great. 
Thanks for the invite @thecraicbear! Somehow a few days away from the game released I lost all the hype that I've been acomulating for the past two months. Even if I can only get my hands on it the next Monday... at this point I don't even care! Peoples are crazy!!!
Thanks for the invite @thecraicbear! Somehow a few days away from the game released I lost all the hype that I've been acomulating for the past two months. Even if I can only get my hands on it the next Monday... at this point I don't even care! Peoples are crazy!!!
Welcome! I think part of the hype is lost when so much footage is being shared online by people who have early access. I prefer staying away until I can experience it myself. I tend to limit myself to written reviews, rather than visual ones. 
Welcome! I think part of the hype is lost when so much footage is being shared online by people who have early access. I prefer staying away until I can experience it myself. I tend to limit myself to written reviews, rather than visual ones. 
Yes, that's the point. I tend to not agree with PRC.net but this time the guy has a point. At this point I don't feel that I will be surprise by nothing on that game. Codies have done it amazingly well with DR, now they fail to reproduce the same crazyness with D4. And I don't get how the launch codes were distributed. I do understand how Porkie should have one... but some other people! Not saying that I should have got one, of course, maybe this is all jealousy!
Please do not post more footage of the game, at this point it is
versedi said:
It's starting... prepare for 5 pages of kmph & mph discussion. <sights...>
I've sent out the word for people to take refuge here when the time comes. 
You really think that's safe? I think we should have an intensive screening in place to weed out the ones we don't want.

PRC might be right in that it somewhat spoils the fun, but in the market of PC gaming where it's near impossible to return something you don't like I feel it's a bit necessary. I don't even have that many games on Steam, but I'm still upset that I can't ever sell or get rid of games I didn't like and won't ever play again. Kind of a major waste of money really.
I was getting so burnt of DR after running events for two years straight, I lost all hype. But it has been a month off now and my hype batteries are recharged. Especially since I know the league system is delayed, so I get some time to just relax and enjoy the game instead of admining championships hah

So yeah, all aboard the hype train choo choo!
Don't mind me, just taking refuge here.

I've got my pre-load started, and if the game does indeed unlock on 00:00 GMT I should be able to play it on the 8th at 8:00 EST. I've been playing DR to tide me over, but now that I know what's been improved in D4 it's hard to see anything but the flaws in DR. I can't wait to not bounce off of the edge of the track like the car was made of paper mache!
This is merely the first wave. There will be more... many, many more. Our resolve will be tested, but we must remain strong. They will cry out for flashbacks, Gymkhana, DirectX 12, more stages and tracks, day 1 VR support, but we must hold our ground until the grip of attrition brings them down!

Archived