Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place


thecraicbear

Recommended Posts

bogani said:
Scyy said:
Well, I just finished a 5 hr session, it's now 5am, and I'm gonna get into bed to watch the rest of the election results. 

What a superb game D4 is - absolutely fantastic! It's a hugely perfect step forward from DR. 
But, but, but the rear grip!

To be fair it regains grip a bit too quick in the rear, straightening the car out before you get any real angle.
Oh, I know. I'm more mocking the fact that that one negative aspect is making people act like this handles like dirt 2 or 3. While completely ignoring the other obvious improvements in the physics model.
Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
Update...Kudos to the postman for messing up again...Well that is me out for the weekend  :s
One of our packages for work was delivered a few doors down and signed for. They kept it for like a week before we went door to door looking for it. Check your neighbors mailboxes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Reading every thread but this one be like:




I saw a guy do that with his hand once. He went to the hospital.

So I've read most of these threads because I have nothing better to do than be a bit of a prick to people online, and I want to make a thread for what to do if you don't like D4. It would go like this:
What to do if you don't like D4
1. Leave angry review on Steam. This forum is not a review section.
2. Refund it. By all means, get your money back.
3. Stop crying.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm going off the forum for a while.
There's too much negativity and lack of actual constructive comments even when you want to actually help someone or get more information about the issue/build,etc.

I'll peek here though from time to time. 



Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it me, or is there even more idiots around than when DR launched?

what is it with people's inability to read and research things for themselves?
I kind of feel like people really wanted DR2, because it's so "sim" that everyone constantly hated and shit on the physics. But that made it difficult and therefore better... I guess. Now that D4 has physics that don't constantly freak out along with wider stages it's pure arcade tripe and holds zero value.
They all act like CM promised things they didn't. It'd be like if I bought Pcars 2 and went on the SMS forum and bitched about how it isn't NFS Shift 3.
The general consensus now is there's a little bit of understeer, and therefore CM sucks balls while AC and iRacing continue to get praise. I don't want to fanboy, but literally everything else in the physics improved pretty substantially.
Link to post
Share on other sites
The marketing did it's job. It had a pretty huge launch while in DR the people were flooding in for most time of the EA period so it wasn't so sudden.

Anyway, DiRT4 already did bigger all-time peak on Steam:

D4: 4,396 all-time peak about 22 hours ago
DR: 4,352 all-time peak 28 days ago
Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it me, or is there even more idiots around than when DR launched?

what is it with people's inability to read and research things for themselves?
The forums are even more toxic than when DR was launched. I think I'll get off until the dust settles off like I did with DR launch.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Azoresst said:
Is it me, or is there even more idiots around than when DR launched?

what is it with people's inability to read and research things for themselves?
The forums are even more toxic than when DR was launched. I think I'll get off until the dust settles off like I did with DR launch.
Eh, I'm having fun. They make up claims that are legitimately false, and I'm an asshat so I like to screw with them.
I suggest checking out my posts in the D4 disappointment thread.
Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Azoresst said:
Is it me, or is there even more idiots around than when DR launched?

what is it with people's inability to read and research things for themselves?
The forums are even more toxic than when DR was launched. I think I'll get off until the dust settles off like I did with DR launch.
Eh, I'm having fun. They make up claims that are legitimately false, and I'm an asshat so I like to screw with them.
I suggest checking out my posts in the D4 disappointment thread.
I'm having fun too. I love trolling the idiots. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
It'd be like if I bought Pcars 2 and went on the SMS forum and bitched about how it isn't NFS Shift 3.
Who's to say they won't do that? :D 
The fact that literally no one was a fan of Shift 1 or 2. But hey, I have a SMS forum account...Don't particularly care if I'm banned either. Then again, maybe by now they have a sense of humor.
I also love how they don't seem to look in here ever, it's brilliant.
On the disappointment thread that one guy Mesa came back to dump all over D4, talking about how DR was so much better when I know for a fact he came in and dumped all over DR for being popcorn back when too. So... I'm really not understanding this whole "DR was perfection/it spoiled me" thing.
Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
It'd be like if I bought Pcars 2 and went on the SMS forum and bitched about how it isn't NFS Shift 3.
Who's to say they won't do that? :D 
The fact that literally no one was a fan of Shift 1 or 2. But hey, I have a SMS forum account...Don't particularly care if I'm banned either. Then again, maybe by now they have a sense of humor.
I also love how they don't seem to look in here ever, it's brilliant.
On the disappointment thread that one guy Mesa came back to dump all over D4, talking about how DR was so much better when I know for a fact he came in and dumped all over DR for being popcorn back when too. So... I'm really not understanding this whole "DR was perfection/it spoiled me" thing.
  It is what I've posted about earlier.

People don't take changes easily.

Remember RBR fans whining about DR at first? 

If something feels different they're assuming it's wrong, period. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.
Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.
After having a few more I've come to a conclusion - we need to educate rather than negate.

I've literally had to tweak my FFB settings for 2-3 hours. 
Half of hour was wasted in DiRT Fish Area which's literally 100% different on tarmac tires than what you get in actual rally stage setup. 

Not to mention the setups that are literally newbie-friendly mostly for an arcade. I don't think they're different between modes so that might be another reason...

Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.
After having a few more I've come to a conclusion - we need to educate rather than negate.

I've literally had to tweak my FFB settings for 2-3 hours. 
Half of hour was wasted in DiRT Fish Area which's literally 100% different on tarmac tires than what you get in actual rally stage setup. 

Not to mention the setups that are literally newbie-friendly mostly for an arcade. I don't think they're different between modes so that might be another reason...

Yeah, I saw your link for the G27... I was scooting around Dirtfish, but I found that tire slip or whatever did very little if anything.
The issue is I don't want to try and fiddle with FFB on stage...
That also actually makes Dirtfish pretty useless really. If it's running tarmac tires then trying to set the tuning there will be for naught.
Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.
After having a few more I've come to a conclusion - we need to educate rather than negate.

I've literally had to tweak my FFB settings for 2-3 hours. 
Half of hour was wasted in DiRT Fish Area which's literally 100% different on tarmac tires than what you get in actual rally stage setup. 

Not to mention the setups that are literally newbie-friendly mostly for an arcade. I don't think they're different between modes so that might be another reason...

Yeah, I saw your link for the G27... I was scooting around Dirtfish, but I found that tire slip or whatever did very little if anything.
The issue is I don't want to try and fiddle with FFB on stage...
Shakedowns... They're really nice now. You can compare times between runs and it doesn't matter really in Freeplay. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...