Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

versedi said:
JZStudios said:
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.
After having a few more I've come to a conclusion - we need to educate rather than negate.

I've literally had to tweak my FFB settings for 2-3 hours. 
Half of hour was wasted in DiRT Fish Area which's literally 100% different on tarmac tires than what you get in actual rally stage setup. 

Not to mention the setups that are literally newbie-friendly mostly for an arcade. I don't think they're different between modes so that might be another reason...

Yeah, I saw your link for the G27... I was scooting around Dirtfish, but I found that tire slip or whatever did very little if anything.
The issue is I don't want to try and fiddle with FFB on stage...
Shakedowns... They're really nice now. You can compare times between runs and it doesn't matter really in Freeplay. 
I guess, but they're also quite short.
In any case, I found it pretty useless to try with one hand so I've put my wheel back away.
The rally event I set up put me in 9th place over 5 events with 2 last places so... I'd definitely say the AI is too easy if I can get that close with one hand and automatic.
versedi said:
After having a few more I've come to a conclusion - we need to educate rather than negate.
This.

Also, the threads should be a bit quieter now, for a couple of days at least anyway. I've had to use moderator discretionary powers on a few people. I'll do it again as and when needed. It's easier to do when you guys aren't winding them up, cause I'm having read every post to figure out whether it's a poster with a genuine complaint, or a troll, just pm me with someone's name/profile if you think they're trolling.
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
True. I also believe that when DR dropped on console there were more people upset that the game was so difficult, along with the flood of other complaints about all the problems it legitimately had. So, at the very least there isn't 13 pages of redundant threads this time, and they seem more confined inside their own threads.
Again though, considering how many people came in complaining about everything we know was wrong with DR, I'd say the D4 launch is going significantly smoother now.

Half of hour was wasted in DiRT Fish Area which's literally 100% different on tarmac tires than what you get in actual rally stage setup. 

Not to mention the setups that are literally newbie-friendly mostly for an arcade. I don't think they're different between modes so that might be another reason...

Yeah, I saw your link for the G27... I was scooting around Dirtfish, but I found that tire slip or whatever did very little if anything.
Shakedowns... They're really nice now. You can compare times between runs and it doesn't matter really in Freeplay. 
This makes me very happy                          
versedi said:
This.

Also, the threads should be a bit quieter now, for a couple of days at least anyway. I've had to use moderator discretionary powers on a few people. I'll do it again as and when needed. It's easier to do when you guys aren't winding them up, cause I'm having read every post to figure out whether it's a poster with a genuine complaint, or a troll, just pm me with someone's name/profile if you think they're trolling.

TROLL #1: @Rallycameraman

JZStudios said:
versedi said:
JZStudios said:

That also actually makes Dirtfish pretty useless really. If it's running tarmac tires then trying to set the tuning there will be for naught.
Cars are gravel spec in Dirtfish, including tires.
versedi said:
This.

I helped someone out at 4am this morning. I will now go back to trolling. 
versedi said:
bogani said:
JZStudios said:

I was quite sure @KickUp in Gossip Thread sai they're tarmac ones. I could be wrong though, I'm not going to dig through it right now, sorry. 
Well, we can at least agree it's one of the two. And either way it's wrong.
Also, I REALLY hate this spam block thing. Seriously? 2 comments in 60 seconds makes you a spammer? For a 2 minute penalty?
versedi said:
bogani said:
JZStudios said:

I was quite sure @KickUp in Gossip Thread sai they're tarmac ones. I could be wrong though, I'm not going to dig through it right now, sorry. 
I'm 100% certain it's gravel tires. I'm so certain I'll never eat a kebab pizza again if I'm wrong.

;)
So I'm sure there's a lot of not caring here, but the Forza 7 trailer dropped. Looks like EA's exclusive Porsche licensing is out. Other than that I guess it has dynamic weather? Pretty lame trailer really.
I also hope the pit stop means they have full animated pits and not just a roll through. I also hope it actually works on PC. I guess time will tell.
Finally got to try out D4 last night. Still adjusting, and haven't gotten the FFB set up perfectly yet, but feels good overall. The weight of the cars feel good, tarmac actually felt real nice. Overall a huge improvement from DR.
I somewhat agree with the opinion of too much grip on gravel, hope Codies will adjust that a bit further on. Especially noticeable on RWD cars, a bit too hard to get the back end loose.

Will take a little while to adjust driving style, went off a few times due to expecting the lighter cars of DR :-P
I'm finally home again, but what on earth have I returned to!? 

I was not expecting it to be this bad... I'm glad we have this comfy corner to hide in. 
So.. The ONLY thing
I can think of really is that the rally cars have a bit too much grip on gravel, so therefore literally everything else about the game sucks. The graphics, the locations, the RX, the events, the fact it's not DR2, etc...
The only real legitimate complaint (other than the grip) is that the my stage IS a bit repetitive already. In the Hyundai event on Spain I definitely noticed the same 3 turn on cliff with dead tree on outside because I flew off it the first time.
JZStudios said:

The only real legitimate complaint (other than the grip) is that the my stage IS a bit repetitive already. In the Hyundai event on Spain I definitely noticed the same 3 turn on cliff with dead tree on outside because I flew off it the first time.
Thing is, I remember a corner a lot more when I've had bad experiences with it in the past, and I already have had those experiences with half of the tiles in Spain and Wales :#
JZStudios said:
I'm finally home again, but what on earth have I returned to!? 

I was not expecting it to be this bad... I'm glad we have this comfy corner to hide in. 
So.. The ONLY thing
I can think of really is that the rally cars have a bit too much grip on gravel, so therefore literally everything else about the game sucks. The graphics, the locations, the RX, the events, the fact it's not DR2, etc...
Yeah, there are some repeated sections of track. 
My main gripe is that the pacenotes can at times be inconsistently delivered within whatever speed I have it set to. 
JZStudios said:
Welcome to the club where I've *!**** my event. 

My main gripe is that the pacenotes can at times be inconsistently delivered within whatever speed I have it set to. 

Indeed. I have now set them to three clicks earlier, as I was constantly too late for hairpins.

Also, I'm still struggling mightily with the handling of the cars. After 800 hours of DR, I have the feeling I'm starting as a complete rookie. Sort of frustrating. Is this allowed to say in a happy place like this?

YoMrWhite said:

Indeed. I have now set them to three clicks earlier, as I was constantly too late for hairpins.

Also, I'm still struggling mightily with the handling of the cars. After 800 hours of DR, I have the feeling I'm starting as a complete rookie. Sort of frustrating. Is this allowed to say in a happy place like this?

Ehh, as someone who bounces around between AC, PCars, GTR2, The Crew, BeamNG, DR, D2, D3, and now D4... eh. They all feel different and will continue to do so. Just have to get used to each one as you play.

Archived