Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

YoMrWhite said:

My main gripe is that the pacenotes can at times be inconsistently delivered within whatever speed I have it set to. 

Indeed. I have now set them to three clicks earlier, as I was constantly too late for hairpins.

Also, I'm still struggling mightily with the handling of the cars. After 800 hours of DR, I have the feeling I'm starting as a complete rookie. Sort of frustrating. Is this allowed to say in a happy place like this?

Same here, I can't push as hard in d4 and whenever I try I have stupid offs.
Yeah, seems to take some time to adjust from DR. Tarmac in DR was weird, so tarmac in D4 is a big step up and I'm starting to get a feel for it. The Ibiza kit car in Spain feels fantastic. 

On gravel I'm struggling, really hard to get a feel for it. Much of it is due to the cars weight, I'm still in featherweight DR mode sometimes and expect the car to react like that. 
Dytut said:
Yeah, seems to take some time to adjust from DR. Tarmac in DR was weird, so tarmac in D4 is a big step up and I'm starting to get a feel for it. The Ibiza kit car in Spain feels fantastic. 

The kitcars are absolutely fantastic do drive in Spain , you really have to be careful with the throttle but once you find a rhytm it's like blazing with an Formula 2 car. I love it.

versedi said:
Dytut said:

The kitcars are absolutely fantastic do drive in Spain , you really have to be careful with the throttle but once you find a rhytm it's like blazing with an Formula 2 bolid. I love it.

English language doesn't use word 'bolid' to describe a racing vehicle ;) But I agree that they are beasts on tarmac.
JZStudios said:
I'm finally home again, but what on earth have I returned to!? 

I was not expecting it to be this bad... I'm glad we have this comfy corner to hide in. 
So.. The ONLY thing
I can think of really is that the rally cars have a bit too much grip on gravel, so therefore literally everything else about the game sucks. The graphics, the locations, the RX, the events, the fact it's not DR2, etc...
The only real legitimate complaint (other than the grip) is that the my stage IS a bit repetitive already. In the Hyundai event on Spain I definitely noticed the same 3 turn on cliff with dead tree on outside because I flew off it the first time.
Yeah, there are some repeated sections of track. 
My main gripe is that the pacenotes can at times be inconsistently delivered within whatever speed I have it set to. 
I had a section in the founders event where the pace notes came one after the other for about 30 seconds with not a breath between them, I completely lost the plot as to to which one I should be taking notice of and then all of a sudden they seemed to go back to normal. Not sure if it was a bug or whether the track really was that complicated as I had sensory overload :smile:
While you guys are all nicely playing I got my confirmation that D4 should arrive tomorrow. It comes in with another order so that's why it is late. My own fault   :o

At least the wheel is completely shiny and ready.... B)
dwkGravey said:
Looks worse than Colin McRae Rally 2005.
Man, seriously on that D4 vs. D3 video people were actually saying D3 looks better because the road was (but probably not, pretty sure not) a higher res texture.
Like, let's just forget the completely reworked lighting system, better draw distance, more foliage and track side objects in higher resolution, denser environments, actual higher res textures...
Edit* Holy hell, this is a thing.
https://youtu.be/ZwcXkumd83o

JZStudios said:
Wow. That looks terrible. 0/10 wouldn't play again.
BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
Wow. That looks terrible. 0/10 wouldn't play again.
I can tell by those screenshots that the handling is arcade trash, complete step down from Dirt Rally. Where's my refund?!?
enamel said:
Have the devs even *seen* a youtube video of someone driving a rally car?!
dwkGravey said:
Looks worse than Colin McRae Rally 2005.
These jokes are too realistic, so we should dial it down before we get sucked into the darkness. 
JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
I see the Gossip thread is dying a little.
It's been dying for months... It's about time to take it out past the shed....
A few disagree, but i think it should be pruned back to abou 12-18 months and locked as a testament to people having fun on a forum, not taking each other too serious and having a good time with the devs and community managers.

I know this may offend, not trying too.  There are a lot of good people that make positive contributions, but many lately are diluting the good.  

This is why I'm not a community manager. ;)
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
I see the Gossip thread is dying a little.
It's been dying for months... It's about time to take it out past the shed....
A few disagree, but i think it should be pruned back to abou 12-18 months and locked as a testament to people having fun on a forum, not taking each other too serious and having a good time with the devs and community managers.

I know this may offend, not trying too.  There are a lot of good people that make positive contributions, but many lately are diluting the good.  

This is why I'm not a community manager. ;)
Well, I don't know what exactly the Legendary Craic has been up to, but he's been pretty quiet on the forum for a while. Same with Porky who mainly sticks to the dailies thread from what I could tell.
I also went through my old goof some say thread and was reminded that Pork and Kev started fighting over something and somehow Kakkela and Pork were the same person and GheeD was in love with him... (But aren't we all?) Sure, it was a dumb argument, but it sure was entertaining.
Now we just get "ARGENTINA!" "THE PHYSICS!" "AUDI S1EB22C STI!"
My absence was mainly down to me not playing much of DR for a good few months. I got so busy that I only had time to play a few games I could easily dip in and out of. 

I chose to come back to the forums during the most busy/toxic time, because I'm a sadist. 
My absence was mainly down to me not playing much of DR for a good few months. I got so busy that I only had time to play a few games I could easily dip in and out of. 

I chose to come back to the forums during the most busy/toxic time, because I'm a sadist. 
Hey, I've only got.... 79 hours in DR apparently. I stick around for the fun atmosphere. That, and I have no friends.
Aside from the crowd setting (which is apparently really broken in regards to frame-rate hit), which are the most power-hungry settings in D4? 

I only have a 60Hz monitor, so I need VSync on, so I'd love to know what keeps throwing my fps down from 60 fps all the way down to the 30fps bracket for about 3 seconds total every stage. 
Aside from the crowd setting (which is apparently really broken in regards to frame-rate hit), which are the most power-hungry settings in D4? 

I only have a 60Hz monitor, so I need VSync on, so I'd love to know what keeps throwing my fps down from 60 fps all the way down to the 30fps bracket for about 3 seconds total every stage. 
Try forcing triple buffering in the Nvidia control panel (or AMD equivalent), sudden halving of framerate is usually a symptom of vsync without triple buffering. I'm sure you've also turned off advanced blending, but if not it was on by default for me.

Archived