Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

I'm too busy playing Dirt 4. It's the rally game of my dreams, from the rally school to the best career mode I've seen in a racing game, from the player and car customization to the classifieds and upgrade. I'm really enjoying the generated stages, and even if I'm intimately familiar with Michigan's left-4-left-3 and left-5-watersplash, I don't know when they're going to come up; plus the wider range in stage lengths over Dirt Rally, and the white-knuckle 6th gear straights D4 can throw up make up for any repetition in YS. Sure it'd be great to see even more variety in the tiles, or getting the corner call for the end of a straight a little earlier like @Dytut said. :lol: But those improvements will come in future iterations, if CM are given the chance. Show me a game with better procedurally generated rally stages along with everything else D4 offers. In the meantime: holy crap all those weather and time of day options D4 has.

Nice work bear. My only relief is that i am still 2nd fastest on the third stage of the monthly, WOO. :D I lost a lot of time because i had an unfortunately timed puncture somewhere, i think, and i decided to go for that flat tyre achievement so that was a chunk of time gone.

EDIT: oh wait, shit, you won the last stage of the monthly. ;o Nice!
Snaky115 said:
Nice work bear. My only relief is that i am still 2nd fastest on the third stage of the monthly, WOO. :D I lost a lot of time because i had an unfortunately timed puncture somewhere, i think, and i decided to go for that flat tyre achievement so that was a chunk of time gone.

EDIT: oh wait, ****, you won the last stage of the monthly. ;o Nice!
Thanks! :D 
I won it because of that puncture I was talking about in the penultimate stage - I was really, really pushing! 

I had a lot of fun in that event, so I may do all Monthly events with gamer handling, just so I can really throw the cars about at high speed! 

Well played! 
I just got back from a week's vacation! I didn't bother checking the forums, but judging by what was going on before I left, I don't imagine I missed much. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up because there's like a billion new posts in a billion new threads. :D

Before I left I found myself getting a little burnt out on Dirt 4, so I decided to play ETS2 again since I hadn't in a while. Turns out that game is just as addicting as it was when I last played it, and now it's all I want to play.  :p I was enjoying Dirt 4 but I could feel myself getting annoyed by things that need to be fixed, like the RWD cars and the weird difficulty balance, so I think it's best that I don't dive back into it until we get some news about patches.
BadD0g said:
I just got back from a week's vacation! I didn't bother checking the forums, but judging by what was going on before I left, I don't imagine I missed much. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up because there's like a billion new posts in a billion new threads. :D

Before I left I found myself getting a little burnt out on Dirt 4, so I decided to play ETS2 again since I hadn't in a while. Turns out that game is just as addicting as it was when I last played it, and now it's all I want to play.  :p I was enjoying Dirt 4 but I could feel myself getting annoyed by things that need to be fixed, like the RWD cars and the weird difficulty balance, so I think it's best that I don't dive back into it until we get some news about patches.
What a fantastic game. ETS2 was highly chill, so I bought American Truck Sim and have been enjoying that even more :D 
BadD0g said:

What a fantastic game. ETS2 was highly chill, so I bought American Truck Sim and have been enjoying that even more :D 
Well America is better.
I have ATS as well, I want to make some more progress in my ETS career first before I dive into it. I played a little bit though and I'm impressed with the visuals. The cities feel much more like real cities than they do in ETS, and the sky in the desert as the sun goes down is really something.
I bought Vive La France during the Steam sale and now have to haul an industrial cable reel to Toulouse, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new French countryside looks like. But that's only if I can resist firing up Dirt 4.
I grabbed France and the Heavy Cargo Packs for both games as well. France is quite nice from what I've seen so far.  Some of the smaller towns look lovely and the vegetation is really good like the Scandinavia DLC. The speed limits on highways are 90km/h there, which is a big plus as well.

Over 660,000 subscribers & over 42,000,000 total views on a YouTube channel containing nothing but videos of a guy singing SmashMouth over every song?

I think it's time for me to seriously consider a career change. That's just too much easy money.

Operator1 said:

Over 660,000 subscribers & over 42,000,000 total views on a YouTube channel containing nothing but videos of a guy singing SmashMouth over every song?

I think it's time for me to seriously consider a career change. That's just too much easy money.

I know, eh. There was one video he did where he sang the lyrics 1 step ahead of the actual song, and that's really, really difficult to do... but aside from that, the rest of it is very easy money. 

I just haven't got the initiative to think that something so silly could make a load of money, if I just made the effort to spend an hour or two recording and editing something simple. 
Operator1 said:

I know, eh. There was one video he did where he sang the lyrics 1 step ahead of the actual song, and that's really, really difficult to do... but aside from that, the rest of it is very easy money. 
I dunno, he could have recorded the music and voice separately and shifted them off a bit in editing ;)
I just haven't got the initiative to think that something so silly could make a load of money, if I just made the effort to spend an hour or two recording and editing something simple.
It's also pretty much luck too – it could be an amazing video but unless it hits critical mass you're basically invisible.
caerphoto said:
Operator1 said:

I dunno, he could have recorded the music and voice separately and shifted them off a bit in editing ;)
It's also pretty much luck too – it could be an amazing video but unless it hits critical mass you're basically invisible.
Massive luck involved as well, indeed. I only clicked on the vid because he looked like the numa-numa guy.

For all who don't know of the numa-numa guy, he was one of the original internet sensations from back when I was in school (about 13 years ago *gulp*) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk

It reminds me of better times, back when I was in my Call of Duty 1 and Medal of Honor: AA clans - no responsibilities beyond school and college, and just having a huge laugh with pals back when gaming was pure, and without all of this poisonous DLC and Monster Energy sponsorship pish.

It's really depressing knowing we can't go back to those days.

Buuuuut we're in the happy place, so let's not go too deep into that hole! 
And the hate for Monster Energy continues.
On a random bright side, I might have mentioned earlier that I finally switched rooms to escape the hellhole, as well as the A/C being cleaned so it works better now, but I've finally got it set up about 2 weeks later. I went out and got a proper (yet cheap) 5.1 receiver that's drastically cut down on unnecessary speaker cables. My whole setup is a lot cleaner now, and my room isn't the surface of the sun. I can almost feel a tinge of what I think might be happiness.
The closets also much larger so all the other crap I had sitting around can be shoved in there behind closed doors.

I forgot to add that today's the day we celebrate being better than the rest of the world by being men and grilling things and blowing shit up.
Ok, it does seem that my Win8.1 had gone bonkers. Upgrade to Win10 without reset (lel assistive technologies update workaround) and Tweakforce modded drivers fixed my DiRT 4. Heyoo high settings, now you are in TROUBLE!

JZStudios said:
I can confirm that is 100% factually correct. To add to this, here's some bears that aren't bears.

httpsuploadwikimediaorgwikipediaen110Winniethepoohpng

Also, apparently giant pandas are bears now.

Fun fact about Winnie The Pooh:

The character "Christopher Robin" translates to "Risto Reipas" in Finnish which is literally pronounced as "Risto R*pe-us".

Alright, this information wasn't as important as I thought it would be...
JZStudios said:
Koalas are a colossal amount of stupid. Nearly on par with pandas. Shooooooo.
Frankly I'm amazed they both still exist. Ones too stupid to figure out how to sex, the others too stupid to figure out how to eat.
Unfortunately to many stupid humans have figured out both
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Frankly I'm amazed they both still exist. Ones too stupid to figure out how to sex, the others too stupid to figure out how to eat.
True, but even the dumbest humans can figure out if you take a poisonous eucalyptus leaf and put it on a plate that it's in fact a leaf on a plate.
Koala's won't know what to do with it.
https://youtu.be/gNqQL-1gZF8

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
True, but even the dumbest humans can figure out if you take a poisonous eucalyptus leaf and put it on a plate that it's in fact a leaf on a plate.
Koala's won't know what to do with it.
https://youtu.be/gNqQL-1gZF8

Never been 'educated' quiet like that.  

Only reading your comment I would have walked away thinking your a prick for saying that, unfortunately you are not a prick, and the Koalas are idiots and really don't know their head from their ass.  (read in same voice as narrator :smile:)

[note] you know this forum has lost all excitement when one of my few comments lately were these two.

Archived