Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Koalas are a colossal amount of stupid. Nearly on par with pandas. Shooooooo.
Frankly I'm amazed they both still exist. Ones too stupid to figure out how to sex, the others too stupid to figure out how to eat.
Unfortunately to many stupid humans have figured out both
True, but even the dumbest humans can figure out if you take a poisonous eucalyptus leaf and put it on a plate that it's in fact a leaf on a plate.
Koala's won't know what to do with it.
https://youtu.be/gNqQL-1gZF8

Never been 'educated' quiet like that.  

Only reading your comment I would have walked away thinking your a **** for saying that, unfortunately you are not a ****, and the Koalas are idiots and really don't know their head from their ass.  (read in same voice as narrator :smile:)

[note] you know this forum has lost all excitement when one of my few comments lately were these two.

Yep. Never thought I'd see the day when the Gossip thread died. I just can't help but feel like D4 was quite the rush job. The bad thing is, the higher ups just see worse sales figures, and not the reason why.
So... in a bit of good news, I guess my health insurance is in fact going to cover my medical bills, would've been nice to know. Still don't know what they're paying though, any information I've gotten has been from the hospital.
Also, apparently the hospital "upgraded" my bill from $7,000 to $26,000 after learning I apparently got insurance, but didn't tell me. FYI, a total bill of $40,000 when you were initially quoted about $10,000 will make you shit your pants.
Also, my fingers been healing pretty nicely.
JZStudios said:
So... in a bit of good news, I guess my health insurance is in fact going to cover my medical bills, would've been nice to know. Still don't know what they're paying though, any information I've gotten has been from the hospital.
Also, apparently the hospital "upgraded" my bill from $7,000 to $26,000 after learning I apparently got insurance, but didn't tell me. FYI, a total bill of $40,000 when you were initially quoted about $10,000 will make you **** your pants.
So your accident sounds like you have pretty much lopped off a finger or two?  Even $7k is a lot for stitches, glad you getting better, it sucks to be injured.
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Also, apparently the hospital "upgraded" my bill from $7,000 to $26,000 after learning I apparently got insurance, but didn't tell me. FYI, a total bill of $40,000 when you were initially quoted about $10,000 will make you **** your pants.
So your accident sounds like you have pretty much lopped off a finger or two?  Even $7k is a lot for stitches, glad you getting better, it sucks to be injured.
Nearly knocked off my middle finger tip. It's a bit shorter now, but after the swelling goes down and the scar tissue levels out it should look pretty good. The whole issue is I needed surgery to grind the bone down, hence the hospital expense. Otherwise it was $2000 for the emergency room stitches.
The doctor wanted 1500 for surgery, anesthesia wants 2000, and the hospital was supposed to be 7000. Which is still too much for sitting in an empty room for a half hour surgery.
Dytut said:
When you talk about healthcare I always feel so happy not to live in the US.
There are pluses and minuses to anywhere we live.  I don't want to compare or debate which is which, since its partially opinion.  I like to travel and seeing a good portion of the US,  the diversity of landscape and cultures here is really cool.  Typically you tend to like the country you where born in, so we are all biased in that way.  

Politically the world is a mess and thats a shame, its this reason that things healthcare are so upside down. However, anywhere you go in a 1st world country money in some way is even, I mean it that you may get one thing cheap, but you are paying thru a tax, gas may be expensive in one place, but public transportation is well established and fast, you may have certain things taken care of, but you loose freedoms in others.  It all ends up the same, there are just trade offs.

Again, this is not to be a debate or looking for opinions, I think I am making general enough statements that they can apply wherever you are.  

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Nearly knocked off my middle finger tip. It's a bit shorter now, but after the swelling goes down and the scar tissue levels out it should look pretty good. The whole issue is I needed surgery to grind the bone down, hence the hospital expense. Otherwise it was $2000 for the emergency room stitches.
The doctor wanted 1500 for surgery, anesthesia wants 2000, and the hospital was supposed to be 7000. Which is still too much for sitting in an empty room for a half hour surgery.
eek, that sounds like such a simple accident but it came with a lot of complications.  I think there could be a joke in there about flicking someone off, but I'll hold off till you are fully recovered :) 

Hope you have a speedy recovery and insurance is worked out.
Dytut said:
When you talk about healthcare I always feel so happy not to live in the US.
The majority of things in the U.S. are easier and cheaper to obtain. The intrusive health care system ruined everything. Everyone's so afraid of everyone suing each other and what not. Basically, exactly what I said about the hospital bill. It was $7000 for self insured, health care spiked to nearly $30,000.
In all actuality, if we got rid of health care (I.e. the way it used to be) getting stitches would be about $200.
And we pay less taxes.
And our medical is still better.
And again, the actual doctor who did the surgery, i.e. all of the actual work, only asked for $1500, which is pretty damn reasonable. The Hospital itself asking for 17 times that amount for sitting in an empty room is ridiculous. At the end of the day, I'd still rather have our system. Nothing says half assed like a doctor who gets paid the same regardless of what he does or doesn't do.
I didn't opt for a debate, just stated what I felt by reading it (and other accounts). I'd be totally freaked about hurting myself if I couldn't be sure that my insurance covered it, or what the total cost would be. I'd never dare do anything even remotely risky if our health care would work like that. 
Dytut said:
I didn't opt for a debate, just stated what I felt by reading it (and other accounts). I'd be totally freaked about hurting myself if I couldn't be sure that my insurance covered it, or what the total cost would be. I'd never dare do anything even remotely risky if our health care would work like that. 
I was uninsured at first. Had to go through the process and apparently I've been accepted but they haven't told me anything yet.
There are a few doctors around the states that don't do insurance at all and just do straight cash and it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, quicker, and easier than trying to go through insurance for both parties. The Doctor gets more money in his pocket, and you get less taken out of yours. It's kind of like, my moms dog was attacked by a coyote, took a chunk out her butt and punctured a lung. We went WAY out of town to an old vet we knew. He shaved her, cleaned her up, did some surgery and stitches, emptied her lungs etc... and he asked for $200, which he later dropped. Inside the city, it easily would've been a few thousand. You could argue that vets and doctors aren't quite on the same level, but I'd disagree for most cases.
Hospitals just suck and overcharge the hell out of everything.
(Edit)
The state insurance that I went through has an income requirement, and since the minimum wage has spike from $7 to $10, basically as long as you have a job you make too much money. Their limit is like $10,000/year.
I got my first direct DNF last night. Got through the last parts of the modern rally campaign, so started off on the historicals with the Fulvia in Michigan. Was kind of suprised the first time the rear end broke loose completely on a high speed corner and spun me. Managed to DNF a few stages later when I lost the rear again and planted it straight sideways into a tree at 140kph. First time I managed an insta-DNF in D4.
Gotta say the Fulvia feels much better than in DR :-)
Dytut said:
I got my first direct DNF last night. Got through the last parts of the modern rally campaign, so started off on the historicals with the Fulvia in Michigan. Was kind of suprised the first time the rear end broke loose completely on a high speed corner and spun me. Managed to DNF a few stages later when I lost the rear again and planted it straight sideways into a tree at 140kph. First time I managed an insta-DNF in D4.
Gotta say the Fulvia feels much better than in DR :-)
I like the new camera animation for a DNF now, much better than the old slow motion 
versedi said:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a8_1500106205
I want to lol but I just can't. Those animals are so mistreated and beaten it's just awful.

And my future kids will never get to see a circus. Same shite goes on there.
bogani said:
versedi said:
I want to lol but I just can't. Those animals are so mistreated and beaten it's just awful.

You seem to sound like PETA who closed down Barnum and Baileys after over 100 years.
I mean, I like animals too, but at the end of the day a bear riding in a sidecar isn't that big a deal, neither is having Shamu in waterworld.
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
versedi said:

You seem to sound like PETA who closed down Barnum and Baileys after over 100 years.
I mean, I like animals too, but at the end of the day a bear riding in a sidecar isn't that big a deal, neither is having Shamu in waterworld.
Yeah if I sound like PETA I guess I sound like PETA. Don't give a fuck really.

It's not the bear riding the sidecar that bothers me, it's the way they get that bear to ride the sidecar in the first place that do.

If you think that it's "no biggie" to beat the fucking crap out of wild animals just to entertain you, well, that stands for you.
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
versedi said:

Yeah if I sound like PETA I guess I sound like PETA. Don't give a **** really.

It's not the bear riding the sidecar that bothers me, it's the way they get that bear to ride the sidecar in the first place that do.

If you think that it's "no biggie" to beat the **** crap out of wild animals just to entertain you, well, that stands for you.
My boss does this to the employees every day...  No PETA fo me :lol:

I'm having a hard time resisting the Oculus sale right now. I kinda want to wait getting VR until the next gen, but it's juuuuust cheap enough that I kinda want to get one just to try it out.... Arrrgh! If VR (and specifically Oculus) support was announced for D4 I'd probably buy one straight off.
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
versedi said:

Yeah if I sound like PETA I guess I sound like PETA. Don't give a **** really.

If you think that it's "no biggie" to beat the **** crap out of wild animals just to entertain you, well, that stands for you.
I just think it's kind of dumb. I also really like watching nature specials about the super endangered species of pygmy lemurs or something and they just watch as a hawk circles overhead excited about how they'll get a shot of it tearing the little baby lemur apart.
Nature be scary yo. And they kick the shit out each each other whether you like it or not. I mean, sure PETA uses the sad dog diaries of real shitbags who just leave dogs in freezing kennels while their skin falls off, but again, keeping animals alive and well pampered in a zoo isn't animal abuse.
I mean, I have 4 dogs, and I could any of them in slow motion and they'd all look sad.
To get back to the bear and the Circus, I mean, they are probably chairy hested Ruskies but I doubt they'd be able to really handle a bear. I just can't think of a scenario where the bear wouldn't just be like "This is bullshit, I'm eating your face now" and they'd really be able to do anything about it. Mace actually doesn't work all that well, and tasers are also pretty ineffective. Some bears just be chill. The circus relies on well trained animals for the acts to perform, as such the animals are an expensive investment. Sure, maybe back when it first started it was fairly abusive (Lion "taming" comes to mind) but I really doubt that's how they still did things before they were shut down by a group of people who cry over a killer whale parade float/balloon.

To sum it up real quick in nature for just about every species, there's an Alpha, and they get that position by beating the shit out of everyone else. For some reason, people think this is wrong to do, and results in people being dominated by their animals. Literally.

Seriously, like my friend has a German Shepard he lets do whatever the hell she wants I.E. humping his pregnant wife, which he swears isn't a dominant sign over him and his wife as he laughs about it. Just a little known secret, you don't hump something that dominates you.

Dytut said:
I'm having a hard time resisting the Oculus sale right now. I kinda want to wait getting VR until the next gen, but it's juuuuust cheap enough that I kinda want to get one just to try it out.... Arrrgh! If VR (and specifically Oculus) support was announced for D4 I'd probably buy one straight off.
Yeah, it's at the price point it said it would be at when it launched. I tried the Oculus at a Best Buy and it was neat, but the resolution still isn't great. I think Oculus is at least partially partnered with Samsung, whose making Oled screen phones with a higher PPI. I'd personally wait for Oculus 2.0, and if it's still too expensive I'd still have no doubt the market would flood with used 1.0's, not to mention any overstock after 2.0 is released.

Archived