Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

JZStudios said:
OzoreXS said:

we are yo guise?
Wow. That looks like a terrible movie.
heyheyheyhey... Its Lou Ferrigno. A bit of respect please.

Super human/actor just like Adam West!
(and Mr. Universe)
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Too bad Pandas are too stupid to figure out how to breed.
If only it was the case for so many humans
Well, the Public Broadcasting Stations have plenty of it so they somehow manage to figure it out. Not sure how stupid people manage to breed at such an alarming rate, but then again, I suppose when you have more sex cells than brain cells you may as well use them.
I'm gonna change the subject slightly, away from fingers near rabbits, to some steery wheely discussions. 

I asked HorkPammer on YouTube already, but I was wondering what the average preference is for degrees of rotation in DR. 

Since getting my G920 I've been trying out 540 for realism with the modern cars, but I still can't get used to rotating the wheel fully on tight corners, which leads me to under-steer. This is mainly due to owning a poverty wheel before I got the G920 (it had severely restrictive rotation). 

Was thinking of maybe trying something a little lower, whilst still allowing me to be accurate during fast straights. 
Neah, definitely not!  That's a one of those necessary evils.  Some of my best times are on 50% Soft-lock.  More Go-Kart than Rally car, but fast none the less!

The C word goes far beyond camera view and steering lock with this one....
JZStudios said:
I use 900 with soft lock, otherwise 540. But a lot of people tend to use 270, I think Parkhommer uses that. To which Kev calls cheating.
KevM said:
Neah, definitely not!  That's a one of those necessary evils.  Some of my best times are on 50% Soft-lock.  More Go-Kart than Rally car, but fast none the less!

The C word goes far beyond camera view and steering lock with this one....
Well I figured out why it felt like I was driving a bus on 540 turning... my profiler thought it would be awesome to go back to the 50% sensitivity default after me having set it to 100%. Downside to the profiler for the G920 is that you don't get many options to tweak besides sensitivity of pedals, wheel and the rotation.
JZStudios said:
I like my Fanatec. I don't have to mess with any of that, I just do it all directly from the wheel. I just hope they come out with a new budget wheelbase.
I tried 900 with soft lock and am in love. I've got to get used to being more active with the older cars, and predicting the over-steer a lot earlier, etc., but my goodness it's so much fun! 
JZStudios said:
Yeah, except when I start sucking with say, the Lancia Stratos, I really feel like putting my head through the wall. And trying a 270 DOR.
Yeah I'm really not good with the Stratos. I don't necessarily crash, I'm just too tentative, and have harmless yet time consuming spins in stupid places. 

Archived