Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

I m playing Forza moorsport 7 and Pcars  2 this period games with huge content compare to all codemasters half games...
I dont say i abandon CM for ever but they must make a really good with big content game (Toca or Grid game or at least a Dirt rally 2) to be interested again.. OnRush is not that attractive , Dirt 4 looks abandoned and a dead game since release so..
I m playing Forza moorsport 7 and Pcars  2 this period games with huge content compare to all codemasters half games...
I dont say i abandon CM for ever but they must make a really good with big content game (Toca or Grid game or at least a Dirt rally 2) to be interested again.. OnRush is not that attractive , Dirt 4 looks abandoned and a dead game since release so..
What’s forza 7 like? I’ve considered getting it, I love being able to build and customise cars! Really enjoyed f5 and fh3, didn’t really like pc1 that much
What’s forza 7 like? I’ve considered getting it, I love being able to build and customise cars! Really enjoyed f5 and fh3, didn’t really like pc1 that much
PCars 2 is much better than 1, but I've heard some poor things about FM7, which is very disappointing. I guess they basically remade their entire currency system for loot boxes and speed cards. I don't know how or why they got in there, but I've lost all interest in it.
As per usual, PRC has done a few snippets on FM7 and he's really not very impressed. I really wanted it to be good too.
JZStudios said:
BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
Mafia 2 also had some pretty good gunfights.
I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
BTW, since you have an actual 5.1... depending on your setup for things like FPS's n such, for just pure audio reasons, I'd suggest Crysis, F.E.A.R. (which requires a teensy little community patch) and the Witcher 3.
Oh my god, The Witcher has AMAZING surround support. I've moved from a cheap ($100 logitech 5.1 surround + the ever trusty Logitech X-230) 7.2ish to an actual Yamaha 5.1, but when I was using the 7.2ish... the sound was so natural and it transitioned between speakers so beautifully.... You could ride Roach down the road, see a torch and hear it burning as you approach it, it goes past you, then fades out behind you. It's stupid good. Most games give the rear speakers a terrible canned audio effect, the Witcher does it right and just plays pure audio. Every time I walked into a building and the door closed behind me I thought it was someone coming into my room.
I bought these speakers (Logitech Z-640) in 2003 IIRC, and the first thing I did with them was the play the whole campaign in Call of Duty with the sound cranked in a single sitting (that was back when I had that kind of time). I traded in the gaming PC for an Xbox in 2004, and the speakers had been in storage for 13 years. Now they're getting a workout with Dirt 4 and RaceRoom.
I like it a lot ,as the guy say above there are some bad things like loot boxes , was bad optimzed on release on PC but after updates they fixed it..Its more simcade and i love the 700 cars the many tracks and handling.. I suggest it to you right now that costs 45 euros on windows as its on sale.. Pcars 2 is cool too , way improved copmpare to Pcars1 and today Pcars 2 got demo so you can try before to buy... :)
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
I like it a lot ,as the guy say above there are some bad things like loot boxes , was bad optimzed on release on PC but after updates they fixed it..Its more simcade and i love the 700 cars the many tracks and handling.. I suggest it to you right now that costs 45 euros on windows as its on sale.. Pcars 2 is cool too , way improved copmpare to Pcars1 and today Pcars 2 got demo so you can try before to buy... :)
I had also heard a lot of complaints about the handling. I guess I'm not too worried about though since I'm still running on Win7.
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Lol, low wattage. :P I'm sure they sound great, that was back when Logitech made REALLY good speakers for cheap. Never liked the sounds in Call of Duty much though, but back on the OG Xbox I was playing Halo 2 on my dads 1000watt 6.1 Onkyo, which my brother cranked up. That's a pretty damn good sound.
I just got back from my brother's Thanksgiving party, and I borrowed The Last of Us remastered, which has redone audio with stupid levels of dynamics (whispers are whisper quiet, and gunshots are well... gunshots. I also know that at least for stereo you could actually change the speaker position.) and also nabbed Uncharted 4, which I know less about but is still made by Naughty Dog.

The one kind of irritation I have for an actual surround system is in forums people talk about how good the "surround" is when they're talking about headphones... Battlefield is actually REALLY disappointingly bad with surround. The front center is ONLY for voice call outs (objectives taken/gained/lost 'n such,) the spanning between channels is poor, and the rears have some terrible audio muffling effect. This is the biggest reason I highly recommend The Witcher, which also supports full 7.1 instead of basically a 4.1.
JZStudios said:
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
I had also heard a lot of complaints about the handling. I guess I'm not too worried about though since I'm still running on Win7.
dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Lol, low wattage. :P I'm sure they sound great, that was back when Logitech made REALLY good speakers for cheap. Never liked the sounds in Call of Duty much though, but back on the OG Xbox I was playing Halo 2 on my dads 1000watt 6.1 Onkyo, which my brother cranked up. That's a pretty damn good sound.
I just got back from my brother's Thanksgiving party, and I borrowed The Last of Us remastered, which has redone audio with stupid levels of dynamics (whispers are whisper quiet, and gunshots are well... gunshots. I also know that at least for stereo you could actually change the speaker position.) and also nabbed Uncharted 4, which I know less about but is still made by Naughty Dog.

The one kind of irritation I have for an actual surround system is in forums people talk about how good the "surround" is when they're talking about headphones... Battlefield is actually REALLY disappointingly bad with surround. The front center is ONLY for voice call outs (objectives taken/gained/lost 'n such,) the spanning between channels is poor, and the rears have some terrible audio muffling effect. This is the biggest reason I highly recommend The Witcher, which also supports full 7.1 instead of basically a 4.1.
Its up to you , if you like simcade racing games you will like it.. Its less sim than Pcars but more than Grid Autosport..
For me Forza's 7 handling is the ideal...
I'll say a lot for Dirt 4, but I'll say this in particular: it's made me finally enjoy Sweden. I've tried it in a couple dailies, with the Fulvia and Quattro (neither of which I'd driven in D4 yet, and didn't get to tune), and didn't just survive but actually enjoyed it. Then I just finished the weekly in the Subaru yesterday, and really liked it. It's slidey where there's little snow but the road is accommodatingly wide, and then where it gets snowier, the banks close in and the road narrows, but the studs start biting and the grip goes way up. Lots of fun, which is a first for Sweden and me.

After Dirt 4 i was pretty burned out on rally so I haven't been playing any rally games. My friend picked up Dirt Rally on sale and he asked for some tips, so today I reinstalled the game to get back into it, and I had no idea how much I missed it! I took the E30 around Pant Mawr and I nearly cried, it was amazing! No idea what happened to Dirt 4 but that "feeling" is just missing.
BadD0g said:
After Dirt 4 i was pretty burned out on rally so I haven't been playing any rally games. My friend picked up Dirt Rally on sale and he asked for some tips, so today I reinstalled the game to get back into it, and I had no idea how much I missed it! I took the E30 around Pant Mawr and I nearly cried, it was amazing! No idea what happened to Dirt 4 but that "feeling" is just missing.
I have to agree, came back to DiRT Rally a month ago and it feels awesome. As long as all four wheels are on the ground though :D not used to the launches to the Outer Rims anymore
Οκ i have not much space in my disc for having installed both games , right now i have Dirt 4 installed waiting for a possible update that will make the game better...
So i wanna know codemasters , are you gonna patch your game or to uninstall it and reinstall Dirt Rally?
I know i will get no answer so.. Just a desperated bored bear here , no happy! :(
The rear wheel drive is the most disappointing thing in dirt 4. The rear wheel drive trucks feel ok, but the rally cars just don’t have that same feel Dirt Rally did. I loved the way you could really steer the cars using the throttle to kick the back end out through the corners
The rear wheel drive is the most disappointing thing in dirt 4. The rear wheel drive trucks feel ok, but the rally cars just don’t have that same feel Dirt Rally did. I loved the way you could really steer the cars using the throttle to kick the back end out through the corners
Yup. DR captured the feeling of driving a RWD car on a loose surface that no game ever been close to. 

It's just such a shame :(
bogani said:
Yup. DR captured the feeling of driving a RWD car on a loose surface that no game ever been close to. 

It's just such a shame :(

Couldn't agree more with you guys here - the 70s class in DR was so close to perfect (apart from the general floaty bug), can't believe it's still in such a lacklustre state in D4.
There are a few things dirt 4 did great, such as going airborne, the weight of cars, tarmac, and how the 4 wheel drives feel through the quick sections when they really bite into the ground. Unfortunately it’s overshadowed by the game’s flaws, with rwd being the main one. I honestly feel the r5 handling isn’t too far out, but they don’t slide quite enough. Watching some videos of dirt rally recently, I feel the cars were maybe a bit too slides, but that may come with that floaty feeling they had
There are a few things dirt 4 did great, such as going airborne, the weight of cars, tarmac, and how the 4 wheel drives feel through the quick sections when they really bite into the ground. Unfortunately it’s overshadowed by the game’s flaws, with rwd being the main one. I honestly feel the r5 handling isn’t too far out, but they don’t slide quite enough. Watching some videos of dirt rally recently, I feel the cars were maybe a bit too slides, but that may come with that floaty feeling they had
It almost feels like they added 200kg of weigh to each car which solves the jumping and stability at high speeds, but it also makes the cars way too planted at lower speeds.

About tarmac, other than tighter FFB, I'm not really sure it's much improved upon. It just feels very awkward driving many of the cars. The rear wheels never seems to be following the the front end. It annoys the crap out of me.

Nov. 2, 2017
ChristinaMc said:
Yes, a lot of our resource has been focused on F1 these past few months (with it being an annual title, it always gets crazy for F1 due to how much needs doing in such a small amount of time) - but there is more to it than that. Our hands have been tied somewhat when it comes to DiRT 4; for example, we've been working on a really cool competitive thing, but we have partners for this which means we have agreements to be signed, plans to be made, and NDAs in place around it. This is stuff you will hear about!! But, it's stuff we have to be vague on until the inevitable embargo lifts. 

On updating the game: Clubs is coming (and we're sorry about how late that is - we've hit all sorts of hurdles when trying to get the features polished) and if all goes well that'll be here in a couple of weeks - and with it a fairly large patch too. Speaking candidly, there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes at the moment, and while we're working on things you've fed back on, whether or not we can realistically bring it to this project is the question. Alas, these are decisions made by the people who make the big bucks and allocate where the big bucks go internally. 

Again, I'm sorry this isn't the news you're all hoping for, and I am wildly aware that it's still rather vague - but seeing as though I'm not in the business of making things up or over-promising, I hope this goes someway to explaining the quietness! 

Archived