Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place


thecraicbear

Recommended Posts

dgeesi0 said:
the more modern cars are a lot easier to drive. ah the days of flooring the focus round bends on ice :)

you should try driving some of the older cars. thats why you have arms like swarzeneggar :D
I drive 70's mostly, specifically the Mk2, which is one of the most sideways cars to rally :P (if you wanna drive it properly!) 
I just wasn't expecting the high steering angle with the Focus for some reason, so I was taken by surprise. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

dgeesi0 said:
the more modern cars are a lot easier to drive. ah the days of flooring the focus round bends on ice :)

you should try driving some of the older cars. thats why you have arms like swarzeneggar :D
I probably would, but my cheesy chinese wheel stand would probably snap. Then again I could always reinforce it with more plywood....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PaloSamo said:
I need to get somebody to loan me their rally car so I can properly set up my FFB :smiley: 
You need to drive rally cars representing each class as they probably differ in terms of driving and "FFB feel" ;) 
Of course, but at least I'd be able to get a rough idea of what other cars feel like by generation by having a place to start
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
I tried Racked FFB there Bear.  
After some tweaking to their recommended in-game FFB settings, I was impressed by the 'weight' of the wheel, but after a few stages I decided that something was actually missing and control was compromised, so uninstalled it to be sure.  Did the right thing.  Original is best!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with consumer steering wheel is the FFB motor go woozo due the the weight of the wheel.

If the wheel would use something very light parts such as carbon fiber or light aluminium, it would feel much more realistic.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrDeap said:
The problem with consumer steering wheel is the FFB motor go woozo due the the weight of the wheel.

If the wheel would use something very light parts such as carbon fiber or light aluminium, it would feel much more realistic.
That's why you mod your wheel. I have a GT2 and I'm thinking about replacing the wheel and sending the wires out to a button box. I could make Carbon paddle shifters, but I don't really use paddles.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, with all these ridiculous accusations and weird qualifications for cheating, I'm just going to hang out in here. For some reason this forum has started becoming a lot less fun and more frustrating.
http41mediatumblrcom53d0f7f5bd2a153da5b890adbbdb48abtumblr_nok4lbiqlx1tkzf84o1_1280png
P.S. I used to know a guy named
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad the madness has been relatively contained to specific threads so it's easy to ignore. I think everyone's gotten so used to regular content updates in Early Access that we're having withdrawal symptoms since it's been so long.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
So, with all these ridiculous accusations and weird qualifications for cheating, I'm just going to hang out in here. For some reason this forum has started becoming a lot less fun and more frustrating.
http41mediatumblrcom53d0f7f5bd2a153da5b890adbbdb48abtumblr_nok4lbiqlx1tkzf84o1_1280png
P.S. I used to know a guy named
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
I have had my Bearwareness increased.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

enamel said:
JZStudios said:
So, with all these ridiculous accusations and weird qualifications for cheating, I'm just going to hang out in here. For some reason this forum has started becoming a lot less fun and more frustrating.
http41mediatumblrcom53d0f7f5bd2a153da5b890adbbdb48abtumblr_nok4lbiqlx1tkzf84o1_1280png
P.S. I used to know a guy named
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
I have had my Bearwareness increased.
It was basically the first picture I found.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I think I'm going to hang out here until the console stuff dies down and interesting things start happening again. Speaking of which, I'm done with my community video, if anyone cares. Which, y'know, if you don't then that's fine too... I'd just like to say PLEASE LIKE ME!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
So I think I'm going to hang out here until the console stuff dies down and interesting things start happening again. Speaking of which, I'm done with my community video, if anyone cares. Which, y'know, if you don't then that's fine too... I'd just like to say PLEASE LIKE ME!
Haha, I'll go have a look at it now if it's in the thread. 
I'll need to wade through the console newbs first. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
So I think I'm going to hang out here until the console stuff dies down and interesting things start happening again. Speaking of which, I'm done with my community video, if anyone cares. Which, y'know, if you don't then that's fine too... I'd just like to say PLEASE LIKE ME!
Haha, I'll go have a look at it now if it's in the thread. 
I'll need to wade through the console newbs first. 
Haha, it's crazy how suddenly there's like 45 new threads about this crap. :p I'm not against consoles, but good lord, the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what this thread is for, isn't it? Shielding ourselves from the nightmares of the outside world? Or was it something about bears? I forget.

Since this is a happy place, I'd like to share that I've been having an absolute blast ripping around Monte with the A110. What a great feeling car, it doesn't feel anything like any of the other cars in the game, the rear engine really does make for a totally different driving experience. So much fun.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BadD0g said:
That's what this thread is for, isn't it? Shielding ourselves from the nightmares of the outside world? Or was it something about bears? I forget.

Since this is a happy place, I'd like to share that I've been having an absolute blast ripping around Monte with the A110. What a great feeling car, it doesn't feel anything like any of the other cars in the game, the rear engine really does make for a totally different driving experience. So much fun.
This is indeed a serene place, for when things get hectic outside of the thread. 

Such a great car, the A110. That sound, too! 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, sounds like the Kadett/Manta, but it's definitely processed differently. Sounds different enough for me, I like it.
The 5 Turbo however uses the same placeholder sound as the Delta Integrale, and they sound almost exactly the same. Not a bad sound, just not very distinct.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Such a great car, the A110. That sound, too! 
I am going to burst your happy bubble by presenting you with some facts. The Alpine is using the Opel Manta 400 sounds. Placeholder until they can record the real deal me thinks.
I never even noticed. Ah well :] 
Shows you how much I've used the Manta! 

Also, I'm once again retreating here for the day, to hide from some of the ludicrous comments from the newbies. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
 the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
New Topics would be ok, but its the same damn topic, repeated over 45 different threads! lol

I'll have beer please bar-tender, I'm waiting for the storm to pass....  lol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried out CREST on today's daily, it's really cool. Fun to see where my lines were good and where they weren't, especially in places where I thought my line was good but from a top view it's clear that I was way off. I really like the colored line showing throttle/brake points on the road.
Comparing my run to the fast guys is really interesting, I clearly need to work on my commitment around corners! I think I'd like it even better if it was integrated into the game though, but I won't complain. It's really nicely put together and easy to use.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
KevM said:
JZStudios said:
 the games only just out and already were filling up with new topics.
I'll have beer please bar-tender, I'm waiting for the storm to pass....  lol
https://youtu.be/Dq6zRL8EXkY
I'd ask for a beer as well, but frankly, just not a big fan of alcohol.

Yaaaas, Atreyu! 
You're a fan? Hahaha, I just assume no one likes my music.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BadD0g said:
I tried out CREST on today's daily, it's really cool. Fun to see where my lines were good and where they weren't, especially in places where I thought my line was good but from a top view it's clear that I was way off. I really like the colored line showing throttle/brake points on the road.
Comparing my run to the fast guys is really interesting, I clearly need to work on my commitment around corners! I think I'd like it even better if it was integrated into the game though, but I won't complain. It's really nicely put together and easy to use.
I just decided to reinstall R3E for the hell of it, and I actually really like the ghost driving line in that. It shows shift points, throttle, coasting, and varying levels of braking on the track. It's actually really useful to figure out where exactly you could fix things.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
Isn't Atreyu that dude that looks like a chick in that 1984 film with a giant flying dog in it?
Hahaha! That's the German movie/book. In America we had our own translated version called a never ending story.
And I think it was a dragon dog..thing?
Ah yes, Neverending Story. We're thinking of the same movie then.

The dog might've been a dragon, but it looks like a dog to me. I also remember statues with a great pair of knockers.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
Isn't Atreyu that dude that looks like a chick in that 1984 film with a giant flying dog in it?
Hahaha! That's the German movie/book. In America we had our own translated version called a never ending story.
And I think it was a dragon dog..thing?
I also remember statues with a great pair of knockers.
Ah, the perks of elementary school. Or middle school? I don't remember. Not sure why exactly the band picked that name.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...