Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

I think this may be the best place to drop this: (from reddit)

https://youtu.be/sL0sWOg15KQ

Over all, there is a lot of wrong being done here.  :joy: 

(PS) not sure why the guy with the aerosol can is in his underwear, I assume once sober he will claim it WAS the alcohol.  
gfRally said:
I think this may be the best place to drop this: (from reddit)

https://youtu.be/sL0sWOg15KQ

Over all, there is a lot of wrong being done here.  :joy: 

(PS) not sure why the guy with the aerosol can is in his underwear, I assume once sober he will claim it WAS the alcohol.  
This has better sounds than SLRE :D
JZStudios said:
I like my Fanatec. I don't have to mess with any of that, I just do it all directly from the wheel. I just hope they come out with a new budget wheelbase.
I tried 900 with soft lock and am in love. I've got to get used to being more active with the older cars, and predicting the over-steer a lot earlier, etc., but my goodness it's so much fun! 
haha we told you!

once you get used to it and find a neraly perfect FFB setup, youll never be back to narrow locks.

Good to hear your enjoying it. If only I could have one of those good wheels..
OzoreXS said:
JZStudios said:
I like my Fanatec. I don't have to mess with any of that, I just do it all directly from the wheel. I just hope they come out with a new budget wheelbase.
I tried 900 with soft lock and am in love. I've got to get used to being more active with the older cars, and predicting the over-steer a lot earlier, etc., but my goodness it's so much fun! 
haha we told you!

once you get used to it and find a neraly perfect FFB setup, youll never be back to narrow locks.

Good to hear your enjoying it. If only I could have one of those good wheels..
I'm not too sure whether I like my FFB settings just yet, so I'm still messing around with that 
You'll find the sweet-spot.  The game is immense with the right wheel setup.  

Glad some of you guys are in agreement that playing with standard soft-lock is really enjoyable and immersive.  I found that too!  

Though, to give yourself the edge, you need to go with a lower ratio for fast reactions.  
KevM said:
You'll find the sweet-spot.  The game is immense with the right wheel setup.  

Glad some of you guys are in agreement that playing with standard soft-lock is really enjoyable and immersive.  I found that too!  

Though, to give yourself the edge, you need to go with a lower ratio for fast reactions.  
Meh, screw the edge. I'd rather keep it realistic and enjoy the rally, instead of worrying about leaderboards. 

I've seen some great drives from people on YouTube, keeping it realistic and getting some top times. But then I've seen others, and it looks like they're playing Trackmania or Burnout. I don't think I'd have fun with the game anymore if I played it like that. 

I love to feel all of the intricacies, and that goes away when one takes ludicrous jump-cuts where a driver in real life wouldn't ever dream of taking on purpose. 
Fully agree, & I used to get killed for talking like that Bear!  Fair play to you!   B)

I would hazard a guess that the funky replays have more than just a small wheel ratio making for the 90's physics visuals!  The requirement for throttle balance and steering correction tend to be negated on those ones too :)
KevM said:
Fully agree, & I used to get killed for talking like that Bear!  Fair play to you!   B)

I would hazard a guess that the funky replays have more than just a small wheel ratio making for the 90's physics visuals!  The requirement for throttle balance and steering correction tend to be negated on those ones too :)
I just prefer to approach simulations as simulations :] 
It's good to know I'm not alone thinking that. 

However, I can't argue against somebody's own comfort zone, so I'm in no way saying that people should all adhere to the same opinion; it's for that reason why I'll be sticking to the sim approach :D 
Hey guys! I'm new to RaceNet and the Forums, but I've been playing DR (and lurking the forums) since the beginning of early access. I'm glad you've set up this nice little happy corner for casual chat, seems like a good place to join in.
BadD0g said:
Hey guys! I'm new to RaceNet and the Forums, but I've been playing DR (and lurking the forums) since the beginning of early access. I'm glad you've set up this nice little happy corner for casual chat, seems like a good place to join in.
Welcome to my happy place, and the forums! Just don't venture into the F1 part... that's the bad side of the woods. 

Archived