Jump to content Jump to content

Bear's Happy Place

thecraicbear

Here are some fun stats derived from the personal stats on my RaceNet profile:

In the 300 days since Dirt Rally has been out, I've played 200 hours according to Steam, for an average of 40 min/day. Since I typically average 45 min/day of video games, and have also been playing games other than DR for more than 5 min/day, DR is reasonably responsible for my spending more time with a controller in my hands in 2015+.

I've driven 7,897 km at an average of 80.5 km/h, meaning of the 200 hours Steam has counted, 98h6m of that has been actual racing. The other 101h54m must be repairing my radiator.

Given the figure of 98h6m, I've spent 74h25m rallying, 22h48m in rallycross, and 54m in hillclimb.

Also, I jump 12.76% of my starts, crash every 4m34s, do a barrel roll every 32m53s, get a blowout every 1h8m, and terminally damage my car every 1h38m.
dwkGravey said:

In the 300 days since Dirt Rally has been out, I've played 200 hours according to Steam, for an average of 40 min/day. Since I typically average 45 min/day of video games, and have also been playing games other than DR for more than 5 min/day, DR is reasonably responsible for my spending more time with a controller in my hands in 2015+.

I've driven 7,897 km at an average of 80.5 km/h, meaning of the 200 hours Steam has counted, 98h6m of that has been actual racing. The other 101h54m must be repairing my radiator.

Given the figure of 98h6m, I've spent 74h25m rallying, 22h48m in rallycross, and 54m in hillclimb.

Also, I jump 12.76% of my starts, crash every 4m34s, do a barrel roll every 32m53s, get a blowout every 1h8m, and terminally damage my car every 1h38m.
You have a way with words.

Do my Racenet profile!
dwkGravey said:

You have a way with words.

Do my Racenet profile!
Despite whatever Steam might say, you've spent 361h35m actually driving 24,226 mi at 67 mph. Assuming you don't restart when you jump start, you've jumped 8.5% of your starts.

You crash every 10m19s, get a blowout every 3h12m, do a barrel roll every 4h4m, and terminally damage your car every 5h34m.

Man, assuming we played the same amount per day, I make the same number of mistakes in a session as you would in a week. :lol:

(I realized the time spent per discipline doesn't make sense, so nevermind that.)
@JZStudios I believe you have to find yourself on the leaderboards at www.dirtgame.com/events and click your name there... and scroll all the way down to see your personal statistics. That's how I think he does it, at least. Alternately, you could load up Dirt Rally and visit your profile/driver statistics from there and tell us all about it.
It counts restarts as time played, but it doesn't count the distance driven in them. Only the completed run counts to the mileage. That includes using restart at the results screen. In other words, you drove way more than the game shows.
Ah, and it probably still counts crashes, terminal damage, etc from uncompleted runs. That throws those derived stats out the window. You could still use your time played according to Steam, but that includes loading screens and looking for the engineers to hire with the funniest names and making tea. Well, that was fun while it lasted.

Nice one! 
I haven't done a 60's run in a long while, so I may put that on my list for tomorrow. 
Had some saving issues early on in the game and never managed to finish the 60s championship, when it was still Open, eventually did it in some other class. Did the Masters with the 1960s because of that Achievement, where you have to win a Masters event with the classic Mini
Didzis said:
Did the Masters with the 1960s because of that Achievement, where you have to win a Masters event with the classic Mini
I remember that one. Imagine my surprise when the first (still out of 3 at that point in time) event was Monte Carlo. I claimed the win easily, went retire on the other two events, managed to finish 7th overall still xD
Still, nothing beats the sense of achievement after winning Group B RWD class on Master.

Archived