Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is there no PvP point to point in final game?

Hi

Is multiplayer going to be added to point to point racing

When I bought the game  I thought this was going to be a feature of this game as timeline listed PvP add on then it turned into Rallycross which I have no interest in.

I was hoping for a successor to Richard Burns rally with RBRnet but for multiplayer racing it is still King.

People has been asking for this. I think it would be great addition but they said that the stages were made for single player and it would be complicated to make them multiplayer. 

What they could maybe do though is add a "ghost car" feature that would allow you to "kind of" race others and also give us an awesome feature for improving times!

Rally is not PvP though, a Live in-game Racenet friends lobby feature would be nice, but that's pretty much covered by Leagues 

somekind of rally mp was needed.mp gaming is gaming now. rallycross is okay but rally is basically the main reason people buy the game.

its the only real reason i wouldnt rate the game 10/10. just for no mp.

it has to be in the next game.cant see them adding it to this game at any point now.

thing is you dont even have to be in the same race as each other to race some link up so you know you racing the other person and his times.thats all that is needed .

dgeesi0 said:
somekind of rally mp was needed.mp gaming is gaming now.
For those of us used to mp racing it would seem so, however, the market for racing/rally sims is predominantly single player according to stats based on the numbers of customers who actually ever log in to multiplayer servers.

There just aren't the numbers like we have on fps titles and events need to be scheduled rather than the drop in and fight for 20 minutes you get with those titles. So it tends to be limited to the hardcore racer.

I would hate the idea of seeing ghost cars in game, for replays of "hot lapping" maybe yes but for live gameplay no thanks.
What would be nice as people have said is to have a live lobby, everyone goes into the the stage at the same time, when you finish it, your time is shown against other people's. I dont see the need to physically see other cars on the track with you as thats just a huge immersion breaker

An option to enable or disable ghost cars would be ideal as I personally really enjoy racing with ghost cars.

Great fun chasing your mate down a dirt track only to see him barrel roll of the track. :)

I know it's maybe not ultra realistic but surely the point of the game is to have fun

Andy

andye26 said:

An option to enable or disable ghost cars would be ideal as I personally really enjoy racing with ghost cars.

Great fun chasing your mate down a dirt track only to see him barrel roll of the track. :)

I know it's maybe not ultra realistic but surely the point of the game is to have fun

Andy

Totally agree with this point! Its a shame that something that I remember from Collin Mcrae 2, 15 years ago, is missing from this great game. I think like me, so many people would love this feature :)

I'm tired of these threads, sorry.  :s

There needs to be a sticky somewhere on the forums to state clearly which topics have been discussed over, and over, and over, with a link to a main thread. 

This is a very weathered discussion now, and answers have been repeated multiple times from the devs alone, never mind the community.