Jump to content Jump to content

Grid 2019 odd acceleration/slow on straights

I'm playing Grid 2019 at the moment and I'm noticing that in the races I'm slower on the straights compared to the AI, plus the cars deaccelerate slightly at odd times when not shifting. It's hard to 100 percent explain but it just doesn't feel right on the straights/when accelerating. The AI can carry more speed on straights and through sweeping corners compared to me. I'm playing on very hard, I've attempted hard but that's too easy for me.

It's not my controller, everything seems fine there and I have no similar issues playing F1 2021. Any explanation for this or suggestions to remedy it would be great. Plus some suggestions on recommended controller settings for Grid 2019 wouldn't go amiss thank you.

• 2 months later...

Well I assume if you're playing on Very Hard you also know you have to stay right behind AI cars and get in their draft or they will drop you? I played the 2019 career on Hard. I know I could have probably beaten a lot if not most of the events on Very Hard, but I wanted to pick a mode that it felt like I beat entirely so as to compare myself to others. I also was finding most posting their 2019 videos on YouTube were not playing on Very Hard, in fact it was pretty much impossible to find any Very Hard videos. That may be an indication that many didn't like how much of a crutch the AI were given on that mode.

I noticed even on Hard, some venues like Okutama Grand Circuit, the AI can always go up the ascents quicker, and catch up pretty fast on the start of the climb even if I have a pretty good lead. I play on keyboard though, on which you don't even have the luxury of feathering gas and brake. That is also why I settled for Hard. Certain classes like Oval Stock, Super Tourer, Trucks, and Classic GT invitationals were a real pain even on Hard without being able to feather gas and brake, lots of tire spinning.

You may be wondering why I don't just use a controller? I've tried racing with various gamepads, and I just can't get used to them. I never did like aiming or steering with my thumbs.

Edited by FragManiac