Jump to content Jump to content

What are your favourite memories of F1 2021?

KNT2011

While the game will likely sink like a rock in the long list of F1 titles upon 22's release, I'm sure it gave us all some moments of enjoyment or humour, or both along the way. 

Do you have any favourite memories to share, things that happened on track, pleasant surprises in AI behaviour, battles you had either offline or online or achievements you're proud of?

May as well have a positive send off as we wind down this games cycle. 

Both of mine come from early after release and both from multiplayer. 

This awesome catch is something I will always treasure :classic_laugh:

image.gif.a7ff6a2eb44b63a2b0c842fc3f999c24.gif

And this start just summed up everything wrong with 2021 multiplayer on release

image.gif.d81a889edacb33175e9e584f4f204f9d.gif

Don't have to have gifs or clips or anything of course, just fun to share some stories or laughs from the game. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For all his faults.  Will miss Jeff… have become used to his reassuringly wrong information and strategy.   My favourite was at spa in the wet.  I’m on new inters(2-3laps)  and just coming into the last sector.  Calls me with new strategy in the MFD.  check it and full wets and I had noticed rain had become noticeably worse. So I pit.  Before I even get out off the pits.  He calls me telling me that I should change to inters.  🙄 

But I will admit I’ve been really fortunate compared to other players experiences.  Single player on PS5 hasn’t missed a beat when it comes to game braking bugs.  Only had minor bugs such as sponsors occasionally not paying out etc.

Biggest gripe has been with every patch my team became less balanced.

And then there’s 2nd driver facilities🤬🤬🤬🤬

And I know I’m a idiot @steviejay69 but if this game didn’t have faults i would have never found myself here and I honestly mean this…. the best part off this game is this forum and more importantly all the regulars 

And nailing the start at Mexico and getting this picture

F63926BA-825B-4672-81F2-367D6DAA8EFD.jpeg

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

For all his faults.  Will miss Jeff… have become used to his reassuringly wrong information and strategy.   My favourite was at spa in the wet.  I’m on new inters(2-3laps)  and just coming into the last sector.  Calls me with new strategy in the MFD.  check it and full wets and I had noticed rain had become noticeably worse. So I pit.  Before I even get out off the pits.  He calls me telling me that I should change to inters.  🙄 

But I will admit I’ve been really fortunate compared to other players experiences.  Single player on PS5 hasn’t missed a beat when it comes to game braking bugs.  Only had minor bugs such as sponsors occasionally not paying out etc.

Biggest gripe has been with every patch my team became less balanced.

And then there’s 2nd driver facilities🤬🤬🤬🤬

And I know I’m a idiot @steviejay69 but if this game didn’t have faults i would have never found myself here and I honestly mean this…. the best part off this game is this forum and more importantly all the regulars 

And nailing the start at Mexico and getting this picture

F63926BA-825B-4672-81F2-367D6DAA8EFD.jpeg

Not an idiot @ScaredDuck I think @CptBalloonhands was referring to me. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Loved the wheel to wheel battles with the AI, but I think the true highlight of F1 2021 life cycle was kerb gate. The tide swept ashore a plethora of "this game is broken" punctuated by clips of players chopping through kerbs like they were painted lines on Mario Kart or taking lines as if zero steering and full steering lock were all the same.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, marioho said:

Loved the wheel to wheel battles with the AI, but I think the true highlight of F1 2021 life cycle was kerb gate. The tide swept ashore a plethora of "this game is broken" punctuated by clips of players chopping through kerbs like they were painted lines on Mario Kart or taking lines as if zero steering and full steering lock were all the same.

Do remember a certain well known youtuber whining because he couldn't just drive straight through the second chicane at Monza as if it didn't exist. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, marioho said:

@KNT2011 oh I remember that. I remember even wondering for a moment if it was high level satire.

@TotosHeadphones people didn't give them much love, but the menus and the background music ramping up as you got close to footing the pedal to the metal was really neat.

Is that said you tuber about the only f1 you tube guru who hasn’t been given f1 22 and doesn’t know the difference between -/+ camber

19 minutes ago, marioho said:

@KNT2011 oh I remember that. I remember even wondering for a moment if it was high level satire.

@TotosHeadphones people didn't give them much love, but the menus and the background music ramping up as you got close to footing the pedal to the metal was really neat.

It's actually auditory magic in my opinion. Listening to the F1 22 music so far, I feel it's even better. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, marioho said:

This actually started in 2019 (perhaps 2018, I didn't play it so no idea) but the music is far more subtle. Going back to it and 2020 you can hear the same cues for the music to change and ramp up as you get closer to the race, but again it's without the flair of 2021 and is more sort of lofi-electro styled. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I have two.

The first one being that Lewis Hamilton won the championship in Abu Dhabi in my first season of Driver Career. Not only did that give Lewis his 8th title (the way it should've been in real life), but when I joined Mercedes, I actually drove alongside him, which was a huge honor for me. And then, I got two world championships in a row.

The second one was my first ever Career race in Jeddah, and that was with a maxed out My Team car. Boy, the track was a doozy with a standard setup, but it was fun to play with maxed cars.

By the way, back then, I found the perfect song to play if Lewis did succeed in getting his 8th championship title, both in-game and in real life: https://youtu.be/l0Uv9Hk-BXc

I also had some more fun moments in my playtime of this game, but they didn't make it into the close selection.

• Agree 1

The main positives of the F1 2021 game for me were the new tracks, and so getting to play these for the first time were probably the highlights for me.

I've played F1 2021 much less than I did F1 2020 though, with in particular the handling changes over the life-cycle putting me off putting the time in, along with the multiplayer experience being so bad.

That said, whilst this thread is about 'memories' I may well be playing F1 2021 for a good while yet as I won't be pre-ordering F1 22, to wait and see what the launched game is actually like first. Given the issues with F1 2021 I also don't feel the 'blind faith' of a pre-order is warranted, and thinking of the gaming industry as a whole I think pre-ordering is bad for consumers since it encourages games companies to release games that aren't as bug-free as they could be.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, TotosHeadphones said:

Who is said YouTuber please? I love a gossip 

Did we ever get an answer to this?  I was eagerly awaiting the gossip train to leave the station. 

In terms of moments, I think the game has generally been a 7/10 where it’s been solidly decent for me without really having any moments that truly stand out in terms of exciting moments. 
However, I did like David Coulthard celebrating his podium….

E060E651-547D-448C-9814-C34CEBBA44E1.jpeg

6C0889BD-A9B5-4F94-B5DC-1FAAC92D2BB1.jpeg

4198A441-5912-439C-BBDB-A35A5082C27D.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TotosHeadphones said:

Who is said YouTuber please? I love a gossip 

I managed to dig out the video based on remembering the title and his line through this turn still gives me a laugh

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I managed to dig out the video based on remembering the title and his line through this turn still gives me a laugh

Oh that guy who got booted from all the league's and lost his sponsorship because he was involved in some questionable things? Yeah, Mr. RageQuit doesn't surprise me. 

Edited by TotosHeadphones
  • Haha 2

On 5/14/2022 at 11:00 AM, KNT2011 said:

online or achievements you're proud of

1. I'm pround of myself spending money online on pitcoins and still don't have full Zebris set (I don't even know if gloves and car exists like with Leopard set). I searched all over internet (online) and find nothing useful so I'm buying and buying, and buying, and realized I bought almost all content from ItemShop😄

I'm pround I spent much more money for this than for Deluxe version of the game and realized how stupid I am🤭

It's a first time I bought DLC's in such way but at least it's a good lesson for me for the future.

I hate microtransactions but they got me or I got myself rather😂

Please do me a favor for the future and deliver game with all content without microtransaction, because I am worring how much new locked stuff could be in F1 2022 with this F1 Life feature😉

All I wrote above is true but threat it in a terms of joke as I little modified the quote😉😄 It's one of the racing games worth the money I paid. However I will be more happy with DLC's than ItemShop. Something like 'Japanese Car Pack' etc. in other racing games.

>>> More seriously <<<

2. I got a finish line completly out of fuel at a 1st place at Imola. I never forget how many times I ask Jeff about "driver behind" on the last lap😜 BTW It was my first win in F1 driver career mode☺️

3. Highlights in general. They are great realized (however they need some more improvements because when nothing interesting happened around me they are just boring. Maybe they should show other drivers battles for positions too - like in real life). It could be great if they can be generated even when we destroy our car. I kissed a wall many times at the beginning🙂 More camera angles are welcome as well.

4. Community🤪 It was quite interesting to read the forum and I can only regret I not joined earlier.

5. I think it could be one endless story to write about all emotions this game and races deliver to me☺️

• Like 2
  • Agree 1