Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 - RTX 3060 problem

ARAJNA

• if bot passes the wheel, then game has the microlag and drop.
  • report code: MSCD-BDHK-HAGD-SVMG
  • PC
  • All game modes
  • [ONLINE] we not try the online, but the all offline game mode has microlag and drop
  • I attach the dxdiag and video
  • I reloaded the all drivers, and the windows and the game
  • I attach the video
  • The game is not taking advantage of the videocard and the cpu, the VSYNC on (144hz) but it does not reach 144 fps it, lag is at 90 fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hry8DFMWXE0&ab_channel=ZsoltKocsis

DxDiag.txt.txt

1 hour ago, ARAJNA said:
  • if bot passes the wheel, then game has the microlag and drop.
  • report code: MSCD-BDHK-HAGD-SVMG
  • PC
  • All game modes
  • [ONLINE] we not try the online, but the all offline game mode has microlag and drop
  • I attach the dxdiag and video
  • I reloaded the all drivers, and the windows and the game
  • I attach the video
  • The game is not taking advantage of the videocard and the cpu, the VSYNC on (144hz) but it does not reach 144 fps it, lag is at 90 fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hry8DFMWXE0&ab_channel=ZsoltKocsis

DxDiag.txt.txt 65.27 kB · 0 downloads

UEFI F16c

AMD Chipset Driver v4 (uninstall any older chipset driver from Programs and Features, reboot first)

DDU (safe mode) and try latest 512.77

Verify Steam files and delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching.

WER is full of errors in MSI Kombustor - so it's likely a GPU crash.

23 hours ago, ARAJNA said:

There is an error in your installation. The dxdiag is reporting WDDM 2.7 and it should be WDDM 3.0 this means there is probably a misconfigured or unremoved miniport driver.

Please uninstall the AMD Chipset Driver v4 and reinstall your older version then uninstall it. You should take care to restart the computer at each step.

Reinstall the AMD Chipset Driver v4 when you have uninstalled the older version.

If the dxdiag does not report the WDDM version 3.0 then DDU and reinstall the GPU driver. If neither of these changes the reporting then the quickest way would be to clean install Windows 10 again (using the MCT).

This is possibly also a good time to check you have the UEFI settings correct (possibly even loading and saving defaults then resetting your preferences and resaving).

Posted (edited)

Dear @steviejay69!

We tried the your instructions, but it didn't help. we did not attempt to reinstall windows because, it happened 2 days ago. when uninstall the driver then dxdiag write the WDDM 1.3. after reinstalling the software 2.7 was added again. (we reinstalled all software). if whichever version we put up, it always shows version 2.7.

Another friend of mine also has version 2.7 and it works for him.

Is this from the manufacturer's software bug? what can we do then?  

Edited by ARAJNA
+ information

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ARAJNA said:

Dear @steviejay69!

We tried the your instructions, but it didn't help. we did not attempt to reinstall windows because, it happened 2 days ago. when uninstall the driver then dxdiag write the WDDM 1.3. after reinstalling the software 2.7 was added again. (we reinstalled all software). if whichever version we put up, it always shows version 2.7.

Another friend of mine also has version 2.7 and it works for him.

Is this from the manufacturer's software bug? what can we do then?  

WDDM 2.7 is Windows 10, WDDM 3.0 is Windows 11, sorry. Game should be functional. Have been running Windows 11 since pretty soon after launch.

Suggest you DDU and try older 4xx.xx branch Nvidia Driver. (Supported from 471.11 onwards but certainly more issues since 5xx.xx)

Edited by steviejay69

Dear @steviejay69!

I think the game is at fault. I tried the older version but it didn't help either. Vsync is not turned on, but the game still grabs FPS at 90. Use the GPU is normally in all other games. I attach the video, that you understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgZtN3uthU&ab_channel=ZsoltKocsis

My friends is use RTX 3070 but it works for him. I used a stress test to show the source of the error. GPU type: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6

11 minutes ago, ARAJNA said:

Dear @steviejay69!

I think the game is at fault. I tried the older version but it didn't help either. Vsync is not turned on, but the game still grabs FPS at 90. Use the GPU is normally in all other games. I attach the video, that you understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgZtN3uthU&ab_channel=ZsoltKocsis

My friends is use RTX 3070 but it works for him. I used a stress test to show the source of the error. GPU type: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6

There are clearly issues with the Nvidia card drivers, I don't think this is CM. Try the Nvidia forums. I don't have a Nvidia card to test, if only money grew on trees. I want a RX6800 provided I could trade my existing card. I used to have a GTX970 and this game ran like garbage the whole time. So I went RX480/580/5700XT and it runs great in the main, just always want a bit more GPU grunt.

Thanks for trying my suggestions, but without a card to replicate any issues it's hard to see why a 3070 works and your 3060 doesn't. I did run a 1060 on the 2020 beta and it had issues (replicated). It got sold, the card is fine just the drivers hate this game. Nvidia always break.

No idea why you have an FPS lock maybe a rogue driver setting, best way in these instances is a fresh install. I did one to move to W11 in the middle of the game cycle and it ran better! Your mileage may vary!

Dear @steviejay69!

I talked the NVIDIA support. They said this is specific game fault. I downloaded earlier driver version and dont working normally. I tried the another GPU (RTX 3060) and the problem is same. I attaach the NVIDIA support chat photo, to you understand.

problemé 2.png

f1 problem.png

1 minute ago, ARAJNA said:

Dear @steviejay69!

I talked the NVIDIA support. They said this is specific game fault. I downloaded earlier driver version and dont working normally. I tried the another GPU (RTX 3060) and the problem is same. I attaach the NVIDIA support chat photo, to you understand.

problemé 2.png

f1 problem.png

If it were a game issue, everyone with a 3060 would not be able to play.

This is not the case, but the driver mix among 3060 users varies. So, sorry I wish I had a 3060 with me right now to prove to you I could run the game on it. With the card, I would solve the issue whatever it may be for you. But I don't as I gave up with headaches from Nvidia products, they suck.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ARAJNA said:

Dear @steviejay69

When the NVIDIA dont driver problem and you say dont game problem, then whats up? 

This problem is AMD cpu problem?

Nope, I use AMD CPU and it works fine. 5600X on B550 AMD Chipset, v4 driver, Windows 11. AGESA v1.2.0.3C, Vermeer SMU 56.53.

Edited by steviejay69

19 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Thanks for trying my suggestions, but without a card to replicate any issues it's hard to see why a 3070 works and your 3060 doesn't. I did run a 1060 on the 2020 beta and it had issues (replicated). It got sold, the card is fine just the drivers hate this game. Nvidia always break.

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

This is not the case, but the driver mix among 3060 users varies. So, sorry I wish I had a 3060 with me right now to prove to you I could run the game on it. With the card, I would solve the issue whatever it may be for you. But I don't as I gave up with headaches from Nvidia products, they suck.

I think this is a highly broad statement on your part Steve. I dont usually disagree much in what you say, but both AMD and Nvidia can have issues with their device drivers. It sounds like you was just unlucky personally in this scenario. I only use Nvidia GPU's personally, as I find for me, they usually perform better and more reliably than an AMD GPU. Ive used a GTX 780, GTX 1070 8gb (laptop), GTX 1080 (Desktop), RTX 2070 super, and more recently an RTX 3080 12gb with the Codemaster F1 titles (and codemaster titles in general). I have never had a fault with the codemaster EGO engine titles based on the GPU itself, or the device drivers for it.

I have suffered crashes for other reasons, but to be honest, on the whole. I have always lucked out with my gaming experiance on PC, as most faults seem to just breeze on by me.

Ultimatly though, different people have different experiences with both hardware and software. Its very important not to just generalise everything as "X company and their products suck".

P.S, I dont hate AMD by the way. I actually prefer their CPU's over Intel. I currently use Intel, as research showed me that AMD CPU's tend to produce more issues in VR scenarios. But if I wasnt an avid VR user, I would hands down be using AMD Ryzen CPU's. My last CPU was an FX4300, and I loved that little quad core. Did absolutely everything I wanted, and lasted right up till I got a 6700k i7 (Pre Ryzen release). My current system is a 10700k, and I saw so many people complaining of microstutters in VR on AMD while researching that build. Especially in Dirt Rally 2 (which I play a lot of). Baring a few edge cases, the common denominator was AMD Ryzen CPU's.

When the NVIDIA dont driver problem and you say dont game problem, then whats up? 

This problem is AMD cpu problem?

Do you have any ideas?

Steve has already recommened a fresh install of Windows. Given you have already tried everything else he has suggested, I would highly recommened you follow his advice in this regard. It is considered the nuclear option, but sometimes a computer just needs it. I personally fresh install windows from the latest ISO version every 6 months to a year, just to keep things nice and fresh.

Steve knows what he is on about, and he wouldnt recommened an OS reinstall if they didnt think it was needed!

5 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Steve has already recommened a fresh install of Windows. Given you have already tried everything else he has suggested, I would highly recommened you follow his advice in this regard. It is considered the nuclear option, but sometimes a computer just needs it. I personally fresh install windows from the latest ISO version every 6 months to a year, just to keep things nice and fresh

Yes, I know. In the last 2 days i reinstalled the windows four times and very many times the drivers. I followed Steve's instructions.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ARAJNA said:

Do you have any ideas?

Nvidia driver support is garbage. You should always start the game by deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml after DDU any driver build (try to use WHQL recommended release), always clean install, always on latest public build of Windows. I don't game on W10 as W11 is better.

There are plenty of reasons why Nvidia drivers crash, DLSS .dlls are one. Nvidia Control Panel settings are another.

The game should auto-detect the settings from a safe mode start.

There could be Windows config issues, chipset driver issues, missing dependencies, anything. I just know I don't have the issues if I follow the same process. I install known working drivers and revert if a new one gives issues and I only update on AMD recommendation.

13 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I think this is a highly broad statement on your part Steve. I dont usually disagree much in what you say, but both AMD and Nvidia can have issues with their device drivers. It sounds like you was just unlucky personally in this scenario. I only use Nvidia GPU's personally, as I find for me, they usually perform better and more reliably than an AMD GPU. Ive used a GTX 780, GTX 1070 8gb (laptop), GTX 1080 (Desktop), RTX 2070 super, and more recently an RTX 3080 12gb with the Codemaster F1 titles (and codemaster titles in general). I have never had a fault with the codemaster EGO engine titles based on the GPU itself, or the device drivers for it.

I have suffered crashes for other reasons, but to be honest, on the whole. I have always lucked out with my gaming experiance on PC, as most faults seem to just breeze on by me.

Ultimatly though, different people have different experiences with both hardware and software. Its very important not to just generalise everything as "X company and their products suck".

P.S, I dont hate AMD by the way. I actually prefer their CPU's over Intel. I currently use Intel, as research showed me that AMD CPU's tend to produce more issues in VR scenarios. But if I wasnt an avid VR user, I would hands down be using AMD Ryzen CPU's. My last CPU was an FX4300, and I loved that little quad core. Did absolutely everything I wanted, and lasted right up till I got a 6700k i7 (Pre Ryzen release). My current system is a 10700k, and I saw so many people complaining of microstutters in VR on AMD while researching that build. Especially in Dirt Rally 2 (which I play a lot of). Baring a few edge cases, the common denominator was AMD Ryzen CPU's.

Steve has already recommened a fresh install of Windows. Given you have already tried everything else he has suggested, I would highly recommened you follow his advice in this regard. It is considered the nuclear option, but sometimes a computer just needs it. I personally fresh install windows from the latest ISO version every 6 months to a year, just to keep things nice and fresh.

Steve knows what he is on about, and he wouldnt recommened an OS reinstall if they didnt think it was needed!

Broadly true 😉

You don't get the issues because you follow a trusted path too.

I don't favour Intel at present because power consumption, IPC performance, security headaches, platform cost.

The AMD microstutter is addressed in AGESA v1.2.0.7 (I haven't had the stutter, so I haven't updated - it does prevent me from reverting to F13 if I used F15d update, so....nah! I do have hardware TPM to fall back on, but I have fTPM enabled, SAM works, Secure Boot and HVCI all enabled, etc.) this is the recommended UEFI update for this user. But, older driver model, extended support OS....W10 blows as a platform like W7 did once in extended support.

@Ialyrn let's get nuclear 🙂 

Edited by steviejay69

2 minutes ago, ARAJNA said:

The Windows 11 install is would solve the problem? @steviejay69

I can't speak to that but it ran better for me.

Tell you what, here is a benchmark, use the settings and record the video of the benchmark, see who is closest to what they should score with their card on FPS.

F1 2021: PC graphics performance benchmark review - Game performance 2560x1440 (WQHD ) (guru3d.com)

Test environment (system specification)
Our graphics card test system is based on a sixteen-core AMD Ryzen 9 5950X processor on the X570 chipset platform. We use Windows 10 all patched up. Each graphics card runs on the same PC with the same operating system clone.
System Spec

Ryzen 9 5950X
X570 (ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO)
16GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL14
NVMe, M.2. SSD
Graphics drivers

GeForce graphics cards use the 471.11 (download). 
Radeon graphics cards we used a beta AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.7.1 driver (download). 
Resize BAR (rBAR) is activated

I use 5600X on B550 with 3200 CL16 RAM I am using Adrenalin 22.5.1 

image.png.6fecff9dacc1786848f871ad087fac46.png

You can use any driver from 471.11 upwards, no rush but I'll do the benchmark and post the video later this evening.