Jump to content Jump to content

Lobbies Inaccurate

kenuf

Firstly thanks for latest patch. In my opinion the online play is much better.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else so wondering if it's just me, but the lobbies in the session list are often inaccurate. Often I'll go into a lobby where the progress is 'In Lobby' yet when I get in there the session is already underway. Then when I exit the lobby it takes me back to the game menu and I have to re-enter the multiplayer section, which is quite annoying. 

Also is it possible to consider filters in the session list as in a previous years online mode (I can't remember which one). You could filter down by session status, settings, qualifying etc. 

Thanks

• Codemasters Staff
It's perfectly possible for a session to transition from the lobby to a race while you connect. If you're joining an in lobby session and then find it's ten minutes in to qualifying or on lap 3 of a race for example then let me know because that does sound wrong.

We always take players who exit multiplayer back to the main menu because this makes it easier to satisfy first party guidelines that we have to meet for submissions. I appreciate it's not the most user friendly way of doing things though.

Filters are something it would be nice to add, I don't know when that might happen though.

Lozzy said:

We always take players who exit multiplayer back to the main menu because this makes it easier to satisfy first party guidelines that we have to meet for submissions. I appreciate it's not the most user friendly way of doing things though.
Are you able to elaborate on what this means, @Lozzy ? What are "first party guidelines" ?

• Codemasters Staff
Sony and Microsoft have a list of standards that we have to meet in order to get our game released. A lot of these revolve around profiles and multiplayer and not really relevant to most players.

Archived