Jump to content Jump to content

Buttkicker Hapticonnect, VR, Dirt Rally 2.0 telemetry?

PawelKus

Go to solution Solved by PawelKus,

Posted (edited)

I am trying to get the Buttkicker Gamer Plus to work with Dirt Rally 2.0. I am using the Buttkicker Hapticonnect app, which should pick up telemetry from the game, generate vibrations, and send them to the Buttkicker amp via USB.  I am getting zero signal though. The same method works fine in iRacing and Assetto Corsa.  It is as if HaptiConnect wasn't able to pick up telemetry from DR2.  

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and was able to solve it?

Is there a setting in the game that one has to use to enable telemetry output?  I went through the menus, but I could not find anything.

Edited by PawelKus

You must set the UDP port required by the software, the settings file is in C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings

Modify the port in the line of udp to the default port of the software you want to use

image.thumb.png.748f7a569c6e7f274e52b5c62db7cfac.png

Ah OK. Now I need to figure out which port does HaptiConnect expect.  I thought it would use the default 20777 which seems to set up correctly in DR2.0, as other games work out of the box.

• Solution

For anyone who may encounter such problem in the future, the following line had to be added to the hardware settings file in the motion platform section

<udp port="21888" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" enabled="true" delay="1" />

Actually, the line was present in hardware_settings_config.xml but was missing from hardware_settings_config_vr.xml - and I play the game in VR.  I guess DR2 people did not realize that a shaker or motion platform could be used together with VR.

The full motion platform section that does the job for me is:

<motion_platform>
        <dbox enabled="true" />
        <udp enabled="false" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
        <custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
        <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
        <udp port="21888" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" enabled="true" delay="1" />
    </motion_platform>

Also, playing DR2.0 with the Buttkicker is AWESOME

• PawelKus changed the title to Buttkicker Hapticonnect, VR, Dirt Rally 2.0 telemetry?