Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lozzy, could you please fix the wobbling T-Cam?

@Lozzy could you please ask your guys if it's possible to fix the wobbling T-Cam in the next patch or at least for F1 2016? It's driving me nuts.

Maybe also add an option to adjust the FOV to our own preferences as it is possible in Pcars? 

Thank you

First let me make the point of this has nothing to do with what driving view you use.This problem is about a basic option of adjusting FOV/seat adjustment that goes hand in hand with how immersive the game feels on consoles.Its such a basic setting option that deals with the most important aspect of a driving game.How immersive it feels.Put a fov/seat adjustment setting option on the stupid console.Dam,I cant believe we are STILL asking for this option to be added on the consoles.Getting this option on consoles is like trying to get a kid to eat his food.You and the kid and everyone else knows it would be a better time if he would just eat,but all he does is pout and cross his arm and refuse to open his mouth to take a bite.  

kevinkirk said:
Getting this option on consoles is like trying to get a kid to eat his food.You and the kid and everyone else knows it would be a better time if he would just eat,but all he does is pout and cross his arm and refuse to open his mouth to take a bite.  
Nice.

I think it's just pretty much how the camera is scripted to work. I'm not a big game designer/programmer, but IMO the camera is scripted to a specific point regarding to the car, but it's not "anchored" to the car itself... I mean the camera is being static and not moving - it's just the car that is moving. That's why the "wobbling" effect. Or at least that's what I think. (I'm trying to say that if the camera would move together with the car (being "anchored", reference word probably from Trackmania lol), we wouldn't get any effect described and we would get a "static" view.)

mantazzo said:
I think it's just pretty much how the camera is scripted to work. I'm not a big game designer/programmer, but IMO the camera is scripted to a specific point regarding to the car, but it's not "anchored" to the car itself... I mean the camera is being static and not moving - it's just the car that is moving. That's why the "wobbling" effect. Or at least that's what I think. (I'm trying to say that if the camera would move together with the car (being "anchored", reference word probably from Trackmania lol), we wouldn't get any effect described and we would get a "static" view.)
All that doesn't matter.The only reason why issues like this happins is because they wont put in the game a basic option that console players have been begging for since at least 2011.Its not because this makes that move because that is this.I could rattle off 7 or 8 silly issues that drives us crazy that a fov/seat adjustment option would solve.What makes it even more frustrating is that codemasters has to know how much this option would help gameplay on consoles.In fact,forget about gameplay.They have to know it would simply put a end to a lot of issues that make it so frustrating to play....Still wont put it in the console version of the game.

Sorry, Tourgott I didn't realise that not replying within a few hours of a thread starting was a problem.

The ability to adjust cameras is something we're planning to add for all platforms in 16.

Lozzy said:
Sorry, Tourgott I didn't realise that not replying within a few hours of a thread starting was a problem.

The ability to adjust cameras is something we're planning to add for all platforms in 16.

thank you for adding the ability to adjust cameras to consoles