Sign in to follow this  

Online car upgrades

@Loore

Some of my cars have reached level 50 and fully upgraded but have very high milage,they are costing a lot to repair every race

My question is if i sell it and have bought the exact same car (new) will i have to rank/unlock all the upgrades again for that vehicle?

He answered that one already ;) If you buy the same car the upgrades stay!

well i have bought the new car and i cant add my upgrades?

although i still have the old car as i dont want to sell it yet incase i do loose all the stats

@Loore‌ Heeeeelppppp :D @mcnab‌ It was written in the q and a thread

Well i took a gamble selling a cheap car with little upgrades/tuning and bought a shiny new 1, i can confirm the same car does not apply the upgrades!! ...all the hard work has to be done again.

All i can say is dont buy a newer model unless you want to start rank 1 again
:(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Or make sure you buy a new model upon 1st purchase, it will save you a lot of credits in the repair section in no time.

I've just double checked with the team and the upgrades should be unlocked but not bought / installed, as such you should not need to rank the car to unlock them again but you will need to buy them.

I have just checked Loore, i have 1 used ford focus st touring car rank 51, and another new ford focus st touring car rank 1.

the rank 1 vehicle will not allow upgrades/tuning as its rank 1, do i have to sell the other car to transfer the upgrades??

i cant see that working as the vehicle has to be at certain levels to allow tuning.

not willing to sell my rank 51 car untill im certain the upgrades will transfer over.

Awesome game btw thanks codies
;)

I can also confirm that upgrades are not unlocked when you replace an owned car with a new one of the same model. Sold my level 36 Crude and bought a new one. That one was level 1 again and all upgrades locked out

Loore said:
I've just double checked with the team and the upgrades should be unlocked but not bought / installed, as such you should not need to rank the car to unlock them again but you will need to buy them.
It is useless in my eyes to own a car specially fully upgraded atm.
Money goes out quicker on repairs then comes in from racing.
Even in a timeattack race where I dont hit anything my damage to the car is 10% after each race.
So need to fix that every 2 races or so to keep compatitive wich costs around 10.000 to 15.000.
Which most of the time is more then you earn when finishing 2nd or 3rd.

I don't have GAS yet, but I'm curious why sell online car that you have leveled up, to buy it new again?

Loore said:
It is useless in my eyes to own a car specially fully upgraded atm.
Money goes out quicker on repairs then comes in from racing.
Even in a timeattack race where I dont hit anything my damage to the car is 10% after each race.
So need to fix that every 2 races or so to keep compatitive wich costs around 10.000 to 15.000.
Which most of the time is more then you earn when finishing 2nd or 3rd.
and that is how grid autosport became real racing 3. what next, in-app purchases?

Purple44 said:
I don't have GAS yet, but I'm curious why sell online car that you have leveled up, to buy it new again?

Purple44 said:

Purple44 said:
Hey Purp Each race cars have to repaired, The more expensive the car the more expensive the repair is Older cars with high mileage require more repairing/credits New cars sustain less damage and are cheaper to repair
Purple44 said:

Purple44 said:

Oops my mobile phone does not like this forum :P

jeez, is it me or are you having issues with the quoting system McNab? 8P

EDIT: oh i see your mobile is to blame!

The new cars are not that much more expensive and since most of the used cars have days and days of tracktime behind them while still beeing ok this basically means that if you buy a new car you will never have to buy that car again it seems. Unless you spend like hundreds of hours in that one car (but if you do you should become an expert at this game anyway and typically as the game goes on you should accumulate a lot of cash. The racenet challenges can help a lot if you struggle with money). So i would just save up for new cars and then you can upgrade them at will without ever really having to worry about fearing to have to rebuy that car anytime soon.

rypeL said:
The new cars are not that much more expensive and since most of the used cars have days and days of tracktime behind them while still beeing ok this basically means that if you buy a new car you will never have to buy that car again it seems. Unless you spend like hundreds of hours in that one car (but if you do you should become an expert at this game anyway and typically as the game goes on you should accumulate a lot of cash. The racenet challenges can help a lot if you struggle with money). So i would just save up for new cars and then you can upgrade them at will without ever really having to worry about fearing to have to rebuy that car anytime soon.

Might want to give this a thread a read So online huh..., upgraded car can get to expensive to repair online.

Yeah I've sold an old bashed up car that had most things unlocked and upon buying a new version of the exact same car I had no upgrades unlocked.
On a similar note My C1 drift car suddenly unlocked pretty much all the upgrades whilst it was still lvl 12 (went from 1 race with about 2 things unlocked then next event it was all unlocked)

I have noticed this too, got a 2nd hand Focus of some dodgy geezer at the back of the grid who said it had 35k on it but every race when I come 1st and no damage and no contact I have to repair all the items as they are all down to 87% which I think is around 10k, now it is not a problem if I am coming 1st but when 2nd/3rd I am losing money.

Questions

Have I bought a clocked car that maybe has 100k on it and the geezer round the back of the grid sold me a lemon??

Is the garage I am getting my repairs done by trying to pull the wool over my eyes and overcharging me?

Is someone nicking parts off my car between races?

If I sell my car to someone else knowing it's been clocked if the first question is true would I be liable by law to disclose it?

Can we find a cheaper repair garage or a cheaper supplier of cars, maybe a group buy anyone??

Is it broken?

It helps to put sponsors on your car that pay out well and are achievable. This may seem obvious to most, but I would be willing to bet quite a few overlook this.

Bob422 said:
It helps to put sponsors on your car that pay out well and are achievable. This may seem obvious to most, but I would be willing to bet quite a few overlook this.
Good point Bob, I haven't added sponsors to my livery and I had read that it helps, although it wouldn't explain the no show of the club tag?

I have noticed this too, got a 2nd hand Focus of some dodgy geezer at the back of the grid who said it had 35k on it but every race when I come 1st and no damage and no contact I have to repair all the items as they are all down to 87% which I think is around 10k, now it is not a problem if I am coming 1st but when 2nd/3rd I am losing money.

Questions

Have I bought a clocked car that maybe has 100k on it and the geezer round the back of the grid sold me a lemon??

Is the garage I am getting my repairs done by trying to pull the wool over my eyes and overcharging me?

Is someone nicking parts off my car between races?

If I sell my car to someone else knowing it's been clocked if the first question is true would I be liable by law to disclose it?

Can we find a cheaper repair garage or a cheaper supplier of cars, maybe a group buy anyone??

Is it broken?
LMFAO
=))

I think Trading Standards should get involved...

I've just been wondering about something and hope that Loore can clarify.

Are we all talking about 'Vehicle Upgrades' or 'Vehicle Tuning'...?

Loore, do both 'Vehicle Upgrades' and 'Vehicle Tuning' levels gained with an older, sold vehicle become available to the new vehicle from moment of purchase?

And, just to clarify, do you have to sell the older vehicle before the upgrades become available for the new?

Thanks, Rich.