Jump to content Jump to content

f1 racing gloves help

jarmin0123

Hello, I am starting to get blisters and starting to race a bit more than before,

Can anyone please recommend me a pair of racing gloves to buy to help me with this issue. Looking to spend probably £60 maxish unless it is something special , not sure the average price range, seen a few between £20-£50 but a lot of mixed reviews hense why I would love some advise. 

Thank you in advance and much appreciate whoever takes time out to look into this

• Like 1

Plenty of inexpensive fingerless driving gloves, leather or faux leather, for around 10-20 USD on Amazon.  They work great and can easily work the button on your wheel.  They also have the ones with fingers for about the same price.  If you want real racing gloves pick a pair of the many available on Amazon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jarmin0123 said:

Hello, I am starting to get blisters and starting to race a bit more than before,

Can anyone please recommend me a pair of racing gloves to buy to help me with this issue. Looking to spend probably £60 maxish unless it is something special , not sure the average price range, seen a few between £20-£50 but a lot of mixed reviews hense why I would love some advise. 

Thank you in advance and much appreciate whoever takes time out to look into this

Full fingered Moto X or Mountain bike gloves  are perfect for this job they can be bought for as little as £10 per pair or less on Ebay  if you buy 2 pairs you can put 1 pair in the wash and carry on driving , they get sweaty and smelly quite quickly if you are a determined wheel perkin (all inclusive for the 10,000 gender era) Buy all black coloured gloves or they will probably cause a distraction while you are racing and we don't want that.

Yours Sincerely Reginald 'Timmy' Baggage  B.A.

P.S I am a man of the cloth , not sure about that recommendation of leather.  see enclosed  https://youtu.be/FQY8LOVpZ5I

Edited by Exasperated
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, jarmin0123 said:

Hi,

I used to live in a bit hotter and more humid climate and my hands were sweating + I had not gotten kind of hard skin on few spots on my fingers, which was not good.

As a solution I bought Alpinestars Tech 1-K Race Glove karting gloves. The price was about 50€/$, and unless you are sweating a lot, one pair is enough. I have been really happy with them.

Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

How are these holding up a few months on? Might invest in a pair

Happy I bought them, might depend on what size your hands are, but personally I am perfectly fine with them -  few days after buying I actually went to the store *) where they were a reduced article, and bought another pair, just in case. Says it all, and they did cost close to nothing. I switched to a direct drive fanatec wheel since, and I am still using these gloves.

*) to be perfectly fair I bought 3 different pairs of gloves at first, and those were to only ones I felt did the job. I returned the other pairs and for the return cash I grabbed a 2nd pair...

Edited by CM_Schneehase
  • Like 2

Or alternatively use some cheap "assembly gloves" or "mechanic gloves" (in both versions try to get the ones with grip patterns for the inner side ouf the palm area aka. "palmar side"). They usually cost around 2 - 5 bucks for a single pair, and can go up to 10 - 30 bucks for a pack of 12. They are also breathable, have no extra seams that would obstruct mobility, are very lightweight and have lots of grip appropriate to home simracing on a standard non-dd racing wheel.

Something like these:

https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/assembly-gloves-padua-grip-size-6-hase-508150-6-p142341.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polyco-Matrix-Dotted-Gloves-Grey-S-XL/dp/B008F86WFQ

They are a great and extremely affordable alternative to actual racing gloves, and if you buy a pack of 12 you could even use them to do some work at your house or apartment (repairment, renovation, building, maintrnance, lifting heavy weights or moving objects etc.).

Either way, at the end of the day all of this also heavily depends on what racing wheel you are using and how much forces go through it.

With a standard Thrustmaster / Logitech wheel, you do not need a expensive pair of actual racing gloves and could save up on the costs (unless it is total immersion you are going for). But, if you happen to have a direct drive wheel and get lots of forces through the wheel itself, you would obviously want to use something with a little bit more rigid and solid build quality instead such as actual racing gloves (to not only protect the steering wheel rim but also your hands as well).

PS: I also own these Karting gloves when going on track (i do some Karting with friends once in a while):

https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/race-kart-mechanic-wear/gloves/one-evo-x-gloves.html

But i rarely use them at home, because the forces felt in the racing wheel (i use a Thrustmaster T300 / TX and also have a T150) are nowhere near as harsh to a direct drive wheel, so i do not actually need protection (only my wheel needs it, as sweaty hands can and will degrade the rim of the steering wheel over time) and the extra grip does help for longer periods of racing sessions, hence the assembly gloves / mechanic gloves are more than enough and absolutely fit for that purpose.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Or alternatively use some cheap "assembly gloves" or "mechanic gloves" (in both versions try to get the ones with grip patterns for the inner side ouf the palm area aka. "palmar side"). They usually cost around 2 - 5 bucks for a single pair, and can go up to 10 - 30 bucks for a pack of 12. They are also breathable, have no extra seams that would obstruct mobility, are very lightweight and have lots of grip appropriate to home simracing on a standard non-dd racing wheel.

Something like these:

https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/assembly-gloves-padua-grip-size-6-hase-508150-6-p142341.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polyco-Matrix-Dotted-Gloves-Grey-S-XL/dp/B008F86WFQ

They are a great and extremely affordable alternative to actual racing gloves, and if you buy a pack of 12 you could even use them to do some work at your house or apartment (repairment, renovation, building, maintrnance, lifting heavy weights or moving objects etc.).

Either way, at the end of the day all of this also heavily depends on what racing wheel you are using and how much forces go through it.

With a standard Thrustmaster / Logitech wheel, you do not need a expensive pair of actual racing gloves and could save up on the costs (unless it is total immersion you are going for). But, if you happen to have a direct drive wheel and get lots of forces through the wheel itself, you would obviously want to use something with a little bit more rigid and solid build quality instead such as actual racing gloves (to not only protect the steering wheel rim but also your hands as well).

PS: I also own these Karting gloves when going on track (i do some Karting with friends once in a while):

https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/race-kart-mechanic-wear/gloves/one-evo-x-gloves.html

But i rarely use them at home, because the forces felt in the racing wheel (i use a Thrustmaster T300 / TX and also have a T150) are nowhere near as harsh to a direct drive wheel, so i do not actually need protection (only my wheel needs it, as sweaty hands can and will degrade the rim of the steering wheel over time) and the extra grip does help for longer periods of racing sessions, hence the assembly gloves / mechanic gloves are more than enough and absolutely fit for that purpose.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the Thrustmaster Open Wheel Add on so want to protect the suede rim grips more than my hands. 

think i might try the rain golf glove first.

I purchased these ones for myself https://amzn.eu/d/0GJBGWS

On 6/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, jarmin0123 said:

I have to ask, but how tightly are you gripping the wheel to get blisters?

You should have a fairly loose and comfortable grip on the wheel. It sounds like you are tightly holding on for dear life to get blisters.

Would you be willing to post up what wheel you have, what settings you are using in full. As I suspect you may have a combination of too strong ffb and just holding the wheel rim too tightly.

22 hours ago, CM_Schneehase said:

Did you use our search function before? See here, e.g.

The search function mostly finds discussions about the gloves your character can wear in the game.

When you say "our search function" did you write the code for the search function or work for CM/EA?

Edited by jpr3324

5 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

And that is the plus of having nice Karting gloves. So if you do Karting occasionally, even during company outing or with friends etc, you can use the gloves for that too.

I have also noted that, when I started using the gloves, my "wheel death grip" was cured, i.e. I use much less force holding the wheel.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, jpr3324 said:

or work for CM/EA?

lol no, just a player / F1 nerd, who has been living on these forums quite a while now (1.300+ postings, holy christ...). I understand the "CM_" in my name is misleading, I chose that lately as a form of protest, because we had not been asked before our (here it is again, "our") beloved Codemasters forum was "moved" to EA answers. I chose not being moved along with whatever they thought they would move 😁

Edited by CM_Schneehase