Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When we do rallys or stages online, using all assists off should we get more credits?

When we do rallys or stages online, using all assists off  (traction control off, stability control off , ABS off  should we get more credits?
Or we could have an option for plaiyng stages and rallys online, using all assists off, or all assists on.
I say this because i like the to play whit all assits off, and when i play stages or rallys online, i am on disadvantage against other players that use all assists on to be faster . 

you should just take knowledge that you will be slower with assists on.

using no assists is quicker.just harder.

dgeesi0 said:

Totally this ^^

AIDS represent more handicap than advantage.

I would say ABS is the only AID that can bring you a real advantage, shortening brake distance without locking tyres.

And to be honest, I find interesting to have the possibility of using all game possible configurations in order to get that fastest time in any way at all. If also you can mix all people in one single results table, its great.

One of the faster guys of this forum (if not the fastest) dont use AIDS, but has a very low steering ratio and play with hood cam... 

So you just cant stop saying, lets split players in who uses AIDS and who dont. We would face a bunch of combinations:
- Who plays with internal cams
- Manual / automatic / H / shifter
- Wheel / gamepad / keyboard
- 1/3 monitors
- 900º/ real soft lock / custom soft lock
- HUD config
- etc...

Any combination of the above can represent a huge advantage/handicap. Much more than any AIDS

Now I just dont know of what Im talking about :neutral: 
Man, One thing led to another ..and now I just lost the point xD

In summary: AIDS + no AIDS player togheter = good stuff

dgeesi0 said:

This is not obvious. ABS can help to keep speed in the corners if you lack of skills.

OzoreXS said:
I would say ABS is the only AID that can bring you a real advantage, shortening brake distance without locking tyres.
I'd like to add as a seasoned user of ABS, that it also gives you a lot more control over the car while under braking. Though the higher the brake pressure is set the less control there is, especially when running gravel tires on tarmac (I hate mixed Pikes Peak, either all gravel or all tarmac for me), therefore it becomes a lot closer to running without ABS. Mainly an issue on tarmac, since on gravel the frequent locking of the wheels under braking can help and provide interesting mechanics (stabilising the car and putting into oversteer when configured properly for example).

Generally speaking, use what you like and have fun. If you want more in-game cash, do Pikes Peak at Master level.

GSHOCCKK said:
  Tank you for your coments, its was good to know we go faster whit assists off.  
Absolutely. Any electronic help can let you perform crazy moves or "extreme" driving.