Sign in to follow this  

I'm loving it!

Just thought I'd drop in after the G2 shambles which left a bitter taste and say Thankyou Codies, my teammates and I are really enjoying this new GAS, It is great to hear all the lads laughing and the amazement at some of the racing instead of the griping and bitching that we had before!

The racing has been very clean and we have a had a couple of regulars come back these last 2 nights who have also been clean racers, well done!

Got our wheels set up perfectly and you can really feel the feedback from the cars and the road which makes the racing very close and controlled, we have set up our club (RWBRacing) and have had a few members join and I can already tell there is going to be a good community.

Talking of community I know that the 'text chat' thing has been an issue but to be honest you have done a really good job on the voice chat that everyone seems to be using it correctly and not abusing it, if you get the plonker with the open mic blasting his tunes to the world one little kick click and they are gone, excellent!

Took a while to get the graphics tweaked to how I like them but it is looking pretty good now, I actually found not having some stuff on ultra looks better to me and I get good FPS around the 100's so gameplay is fluid without hitching and rubber banding.

One thing I will say is it would be nice to have a rear view mirror as in Toca 3 in the top middle of the screen to try and avoid fast upcoming cars and give them some room or even to take a defensive line when being attacked, it would also free up a button on my wheel for voice chat instead of keyboard but that is a minor gripe.

All in all a job well done and look forward to seeing some of you on the Grid!

Thanks! I've been busy since launch collecting all the feedback and will continue to do so, your thoughts on text chat and a rear view mirror hasn't gone unheard. 

From there we'll be able to see what we can support via patches. Don't have anything concrete right now, but discussions are happening.

Loore said:
Thanks! I've been busy since launch collecting all the feedback and will continue to do so, your thoughts on text chat and a rear view mirror hasn't gone unheard. 

From there we'll be able to see what we can support via patches. Don't have anything concrete right now, but discussions are happening.

No gaming companies put rear view mirrors on the rear view of car why is that ? I would love a mirror top center of screen so I could see what's approaching and take action. You know its not only cockpit drivers who want rear views.

Loore said:

Hi Loore, I hope text chat still in the plans for a patch so I can buy GAS.

Purple44 said:
Loore said:

Hi Loore, I hope text chat still in the plans for a patch so I can buy GAS.
No text chat in fame is what's holding you back from buying this game? If so you don't deserve to own this game text chat won't make any diffence in gameplay..

Great work Codemasters! This is exactly the sort of direction you should be taking with racing games - it brings back memories of ToCA but with a bit of an arcady style (which makes it fun). Hopefully similar will be done with the DiRT series.