Sign in to follow this  

The one thing that would make the AI's aggressiveness more fun and less annoying

Make the AI less 'planted'. When they hit you, it's like getting hit by a dumptruck. You hit them, it's like hitting a dumptruck. They need to be lighter, and react more to contact. Or, the players car needs MORE weight, so it doesn't react so heavily to impact. (I'd prefer the former).

This change would allow for much better racing with the hyper aggressive AI, and make them running you over in the corners far less annoying.

Yeah. I'm a devoted Codemaster fan. Got all the racing games. I'll givr u one thumb up. If u want the 2nd thumb from this ate-up fan, get rid of the demolition derby attitude of the AI's. Disappointing to say the least. Also, I've never played such a difficult 'medium' level in any race game; Codemaster or otherwise. I doubt you will ever get any casual racers to pick this game up. I personnally love the challenge,with exception to the demolition derby ai's on EVERY race. This comment from a PS3 racing fanatic! Other than Madden football, all I do is race. Ok, I'm done now. Thank u Codemaster for great games.

It worries me when I see complaints about the difficulty of the ai. I think CM have a done a great job, perhaps the best I've ever raced against, & I'm a committed offline player. I don't want CM to mess with the ai in future patches. If players want to win races repeatedly, they can drop the difficulty level, because medium (default) should be a challenge.

Most of the AI is fine. While being quite agressive they will not ram you out of the way (most of the time). Exept for team Ravenwest. They are plain assholes, both towards AI and player. Divebombing 3 cars to bounce off the one at the apex breaking on them, sending them off the track and carrying on like nothing happened. They are driving like buldozers. I am playing on high difficulty and with race lenght x3 so after first few corners where AI just piles up one into another in the first few corner it gets better on the second lap onward. When I was playing second races in touring class I would go nicely and mostly cleenly to lets say second possition, fighting for the lead, trying to set up passing oportunity. And ther cams McKane, or Arron Westley (Wresley) Shove both you AND the car you are racing with sliding and off to the distance,,, I was running consistently second or third because of them with fourth place far behind. 

chen255 said:
It worries me when I see complaints about the difficulty of the ai. I think CM have a done a great job, perhaps the best I've ever raced against, & I'm a committed offline player. I don't want CM to mess with the ai in future patches. If players want to win races repeatedly, they can drop the difficulty level, because medium (default) should be a challenge.
I don't want the AI "easier" but if you have to have AI that try to drive through you to increase difficulty, you're doing AI wrong. Rubbing is racing, and as a long time NASCAR fan, I don't mind some good hard racing. But the AI's cars are too planted, and they have the advantage in any contact.
Thorinbur said:
Most of the AI is fine. While being quite agressive they will not ram you out of the way (most of the time). Exept for team Ravenwest. They are plain assholes, both towards AI and player. Divebombing 3 cars to bounce off the one at the apex breaking on them, sending them off the track and carrying on like nothing happened. They are driving like buldozers. I am playing on high difficulty and with race lenght x3 so after first few corners where AI just piles up one into another in the first few corner it gets better on the second lap onward. When I was playing second races in touring class I would go nicely and mostly cleenly to lets say second possition, fighting for the lead, trying to set up passing oportunity. And ther cams McKane, or Arron Westley (Wresley) Shove both you AND the car you are racing with sliding and off to the distance,,, I was running consistently second or third because of them with fourth place far behind. 
But again, if the weight was equalled out, it wouldn't be nearly as annoying.

I agree. Right now if AI decides it will take your place when you are two wide, you can either break or run parallel on the grass hoping you won't get slow down panlety. AI can seem to be on rails sometimes. Fortunatelly it is only team Kicker and team Ravenwest who just bully their way up. I moved to very hard AI and am now running 6-8 where racing is much cleaner. My team has exactly such objectives so I am ok with that.

Thorinbur said:

I agree. Right now if AI decides it will take your place when you are two wide, you can either break or run parallel on the grass hoping you won't get slow down panlety. AI can seem to be on rails sometimes. Fortunatelly it is only team Kicker and team Ravenwest who just bully their way up. I moved to very hard AI and am now running 6-8 where racing is much cleaner. My team has exactly such objectives so I am ok with that.
Yeah, I just drove through a Kicker car yesterday for revenge :P Had to go into the corner on his rear bumper and stay full throttle. I drove myself off track as well, but I ended 2nd and he ended 10th so I was pleased and felt better o.o lol

Yeah. I'm a devoted Codemaster fan. Got all the racing games. I'll givr u one thumb up. If u want the 2nd thumb from this ate-up fan, get rid of the demolition derby attitude of the AI's. Disappointing to say the least. Also, I've never played such a difficult 'medium' level in any race game; Codemaster or otherwise. I doubt you will ever get any casual racers to pick this game up. I personnally love the challenge,with exception to the demolition derby ai's on EVERY race. This comment from a PS3 racing fanatic! Other than Madden football, all I do is race. Ok, I'm done now. Thank u Codemaster for great games.
I don'y know about that I'm pretty casual player and I'm loving this game thus far. They may need to turn the AI down to one of the lower settings like I've done but it's definitely a great fun game. Just blitzed them in an open wheel championship and looking forward to giving the Endurance discipline a go next

Endurance is awesome at x3 (makes race quite long thou) but i just finished a race at 13th (very hard) but last few laps were soooo intense. I was struggling to keep greap on high speed corner and putting power down after slow ones was really difficult. No traction controll and decent wheel makes for an awesome experience :) but we are rifting off topic here:)

I just noticed that on my game, the AI is always faster than me on the straits. I thought maybe it was my shifting (Manual with H pattern) but I switched it to sequential and the same thing happens.

I just noticed that on my game, the AI is always faster than me on the straits. I thought maybe it was my shifting (Manual with H pattern) but I switched it to sequential and the same thing happens.
That could be because you are in a slower car, especially in the lower brackets/levels. Compare your speed against the slower cars in the field. You will eventually get access to faster cars later on.

Rapster said:
That could be because you are in a slower car, especially in the lower brackets/levels. Compare your speed against the slower cars in the field. You will eventually get access to faster cars later on.
I was in a Ravenwest car o.o

On a side note, either I'm just really good with the open wheel cars, or the AI are vastly slower, but where I'm battling for the win in Touring cars, or finishing with a 1 second at most lead. I dominated my first open wheel race by over 5 seconds.