Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1976 RAC Rally - my era! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr78F-2acg

Recommended Posts

Roger Albert Clark's second win, and the first win by a British driver on a WRC event. (There was no WRC in 1972 - his first win.)

Stiq Blomqvist second (the original Stiq) Bjorn Waldegaard third and the Stratos with Munari in 4th.

Just listen to those Webers on a 2-litre Terry Hoyle BDA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr78F-2acg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gotta love the Weber sound! I had double 45's on my first car. Fuel economy wasn't as good as the sound ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahhhh, watching that makes me want more power!!!  The RWD's bog down a little too much in the game.  We need the Mk2 and the M3 singing sideways!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Ahhhh, watching that makes me want more power!!!  The RWD's bog down a little too much in the game.  We need the Mk2 and the M3 singing sideways!!! :D
We could use some 13" wheels instead of the games 15". The cars would get more "oomph".

I feel a bit confused about how the older cars in the game are simulated. As a modern classic car with better tires, brakes, suspension etc or as a classic car with the proper era-equipment? Or something in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, the Escort is historic spec in game, but with a carbon dash, digital gear indicator and 15's.  I'd still love a Millington, but it'd need to have mental game power!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fantastic era and all without pace notes!
Have you not actually watched that video? Each car has 2 people in it, driver sitting higher than the passenger, passenger looking at his knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In fairness Skiddy, some older rally's (depending on era) were run off a normal ordinance survey map rather than detailed pacenotes, which were sometimes outlawed in the regs.  Many a controversy was had over pieces of defaced crumpled paper being ejected from a car before time controls!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
In fairness Skiddy, some older rally's (depending on era) were run off a normal ordinance survey map rather than detailed pacenotes, which were sometimes outlawed in the regs.  Many a controversy was had over pieces of defaced crumpled paper being ejected from a car before time controls!! :)
What was the point of a co-driver then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darhour said:
You fellows are quite old in these threads as you were lucky to live in such era :)
You'll have to speak up a bit @Darhour: their hearing isn't what it used to be.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
You fellows are quite old in these threads as you were lucky to live in such era :)
You'll have to speak up a bit @Darhour: their hearing isn't what it used to be.  ;)
hahahaha! Next time, I will be capitalising my words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fantastic era and all without pace notes!
Have you not actually watched that video? Each car has 2 people in it, driver sitting higher than the passenger, passenger looking at his knees.
The co-driver made sure the driver followed the correct route and warn of significant hazards marked on the road book, They didn't have a map of every corner of the stage but the road book with tulip diagrams as provided by the officials showing junctions and key hazards.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
griev0r said:
KevM said:
In fairness Skiddy, some older rally's (depending on era) were run off a normal ordinance survey map rather than detailed pacenotes, which were sometimes outlawed in the regs.  Many a controversy was had over pieces of defaced crumpled paper being ejected from a car before time controls!! :)
What was the point of a co-driver then?
Map reading & Navigation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
griev0r said:
KevM said:
In fairness Skiddy, some older rally's (depending on era) were run off a normal ordinance survey map rather than detailed pacenotes, which were sometimes outlawed in the regs.  Many a controversy was had over pieces of defaced crumpled paper being ejected from a car before time controls!! :)
What was the point of a co-driver then?
Map reading & Navigation!
What he said, Cars were sometimes searched at Time Controls for illegal pace notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×