Sign in to follow this  

Team Radio function needs a minor change.

Lovin' the game, however, I strongly feel the "split time" team radio function needs to be changed.

Your race engineer will tell you that there are 3 laps remaining, when actually there are only 2.1 - 2.9.  Or 2 laps remaining when actually there are only 1.1 - 1.9 laps remaining.

I think -1 needs to be deducted from the code, so that only FULL LAPS REMAINING are relayed.  It just doesn't make sense as is imho.

Further, it's a pity the audio split time for the car behind isn't ever relayed?  Without audio I can guesstimate the split to the car in front as I can see its bumper in the distance, but flicking the rear view on / off to guesstimate the same for car behind means i'm more likely to lose control or drift offline whilst doing so.  Not as crucial as the lap count issue, but would be a welcome enhancement.

Now this is some petty chit. U really think that decimal point is gonna make a difference in your race. Complain about something at least that matters pssh cmon man!!!

I have much bigger issues with the team chat. It is greeat idea, but terrible execusion. You can ask your engineer where is your teammate or your rival, but instead of possition and split you will hear:

"Your teammate is currently i the middle of the pack"

I passed start finish line at 6th possition:
"You are curently in the middle of the pack"

I asked where my rival was:
"Your rival is in the middle of the pack"

I looked at the second monitor: he was 10th

Right now this functionality is basicly useless since often you wont even get information if your rival is in front of, or behind you:/ I simply stopped using it, Maybe in the patch, but i doubt it since it would require new voices to be recorded, so a studio would need to be rented, lector rehired (unless he is on Codies payroll) Shame really.

Now this is some petty chit. U really think that decimal point is gonna make a difference in your race. Complain about something at least that matters pssh cmon man!!!
Yeah, it's an incorrect lap count!  It's wrong and likely a quick fix.  Laps remaining determines a driver's push/hold/defend mentality during any competitive race.  Team radio's a good addition to autosport and it can be even better.  I've as much right to raise bugs, errors and request fixes as anyone else without being called petty.  Contribute something useful next time.

DJ007 said:
Yeah, it's an incorrect lap count!  It's wrong and likely a quick fix.  Laps remaining determines a driver's push/hold/defend mentality during any competitive race.  Team radio's a good addition to autosport and it can be even better.  I've as much right to raise bugs, errors and request fixes as anyone else without being called petty.  Contribute something useful next time.
Its incorrect by .1 that's nothing is my point. From there's 2 Laps to go but really u have 2.1laps that is nothing.

Ok v8, I get it, you hate decimals.  It's a 10 lap race, you're currently  on lap 6, how many laps left?

Answer: 4

Radio will tell you that you've 5 laps left - it's wrong!

Nothing wrong with pointing out a flaw. Something that can be fixed in the next game if nothing else. Don't go all fanboy on the guy for pointing it out lol.

And furthermore, why is there no radio on demand in Multiplayer? If you are going to market something, at least be honest about it. Or better yet, fix it. It's a good feature unless you are on line. Then it does not exist.

Hmmm, just whipped around Brands H, seems the damage audio always relays "it's cosmetic only" comments even when you've knackered your steering rack?

Edit: 06/07/14 "always" is incorrect, and "often relays" would be more apt.  Your steering can be orange and tracking to the left, yet it's cosmetic only.  If it worsens to the red warning light, then the audio will acknowledge damage, so I assume it's an orange warning light issue only.

If the radio chap is blathering on about something and a crash happens ahead, he should interrupt himself to give the "caution" warning. Currently he does not. I just slammed into a Dallara F3 car that was parked on the apex of a 5th gear cresting bend - just over the crest. I had about thirteen nanoseconds to react. The pit dude didn't warn me because he was busy giving me a damage report that was out of date before he'd finished it. I have flashbacks set to zero. This should be a very simple fix, Codies. Any chance of it being patched?

DJ007 said:
Ok v8, I get it, you hate decimals.  It's a 10 lap race, you're currently  on lap 6, how many laps left?

Answer: 4

Radio will tell you that you've 5 laps left - it's wrong!

That's actually incorrect. If you're just starting lap six, and you complete four more laps, you're only just starting lap 10. So, yes, in that instance, you do have 5 laps left.