Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally - Attempting To Discard Custom Championship Fails And Moves Player Forward In Events

System Spec
i5-2500k
Windows 7 64bit
GTX 750 Ti

Steps to reproduce
I had started a custom championship, and wanted to start a new one in a different vehicle class, so I clicked, it asked if I wanted to resume or discard, so I chose discard, but the championship remained, and subsequent clicks brought me straight to the vehicle choice screen instead of dialog.
Clicked: http://i.imgur.com/Jm0Fy84.jpg
Brought straight to: http://i.imgur.com/ApAIF4a.jpg
I then entered the championship and, after loading, pressed save and exit to menus. I then clicked the championship once again, and I received the dialog to resume or discard. I clicked discard, but the championship remained and moved me forward in the event. I was in event 2 of 5, and after discarding again, I was in event 3 of 5. I then, once again, entered the championship, clicked save and exit to menus, clicked the championship again, received the dialog again, clicked discard again, and the event remained and pushed me forward again to event 4 of 5. Doing this yet again, entered, saved and exited, discarded, removed the event and now allowed me to create a new custom championship.
I then created a new custom 2 event championship (Group B RWD, 2 Event, 4 Stages, Open Difficulty), entered the first race, saved/exited, clicked the championship, chose discard in the dialog, and the event remained and moved me forward to event 1 of 2 (from 0 of 2), thus the glitch remains.

Your recent history of races 
Custom champion was started days ago. The last race I completed was a career mode hillclimb championship. I then tried to start a new custom championship, and found that I couldn't.

Which stage were you within the championship\custom event?
The championship was originally paused in Wales.

In that first image you linked to, try selecting "X  Championship Details".
See what options you have then.

It works like that. If you select a championship with more than one event you will have to discard each event.
I'm not sure if this is a bug. @KickUp could you give us some input?

Hm. That is odd, having to enter a stage per every event in order to be able to discard. I swore that discarding ended the entire championship, but maybe it never has worked like that.