Jump to content Jump to content

My mistake. We are alive and kicking!!

ScaredDuck

The summer break does not help either ūüôÉ

Maybe if Piastri and Ricciardo get back to the headlines?

Anyway, loading this page still is in my morning ritual. Not that much with the EA answers as that place is pain and even browsing there is tiring sometimes.

I'm not leaving my mates here though ūüíü

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, marioho said:

The summer break does not help either ūüôÉ

Maybe if Piastri and Ricciardo get back to the headlines?

Anyway, loading this page still is in my morning ritual. Not that much with the EA answers as that place is pain and even browsing there is tiring sometimes.

I'm not leaving my mates here though ūüíü

Your loving ea answers now Greco dude is implementing some off your suggestions. ¬†ūüĎć

• Haha 1

Hey,¬†@ScaredDuck¬†you can't come back here and say we're dying when you spend all your time chatting away on the other place! ūüėā I see you making jokes there and then ignoring here like the stepchild you never wanted...

It appears that F1 22 is such a story state that there's nothing actually to discuss other than the negatives. The regulars who come here aren't the usual type to moan and whine about how bad things are so there's not much to talk about. Also, barring the physics (and the derided Supercars), it's practically the same game with a lick of new paint, so what topics can we really natter about?

The David Greco thread is the biggest thread as it's the most interesting and Greco is discussing the one of the most important aspects of the games. It's actually a great thread to learn from. Other than that, the rest of the board is absolute trash. I hate visiting it but I have an unanswered question that won't ever be answered because nobody knows what it should be (FFB on Logitech wheels). 

Personally, I don't have much to add over here at the moment. I'm still playing F1 2021 and failing at getting faster on Assetto Corsa Comp. I was enjoying the race stories that a few members were writing up but I can't contribute because I'm on last year's game.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Little by little. ¬†The posts are falling offūüė≠.

I’ve ran out off things to post about as I have stopped playing 22 until ai and my team are fixed

Well, you can get back to playing and posting now as they just released a patch regarding the AI. Missed your posts btw, didn't answer any but loved the way everytime you fooled 98% of people reading them¬†¬†ūüėā¬†

The only real negative in F1 22 for me was the AI speed after slow corners and they were fixing it, so fine. Maybe they already fixed it with 1.08 but as it's 9h19 here in S√£o Paulo, people from Europe may confirm ir first.

Two thinsg about F1 2021 and they may seems foolish but they're important, at least to me: the piii sound of the turbo and the burning-eyes white screens. Gosh both killed me.

@TotosHeadphones I too drive with a logitech wheel (g29) and what I feel about FFB is that it's very light at the first 2 or 3 seconds after a session start or after a pause or instant replay. After these seconds it works alright.

Edited by dancrodrigues
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TotosHeadphones said:

Hey,¬†@ScaredDuck¬†you can't come back here and say we're dying when you spend all your time chatting away on the other place! ūüėā I see you making jokes there and then ignoring here like the stepchild you never wanted...

It appears that F1 22 is such a story state that there's nothing actually to discuss other than the negatives. The regulars who come here aren't the usual type to moan and whine about how bad things are so there's not much to talk about. Also, barring the physics (and the derided Supercars), it's practically the same game with a lick of new paint, so what topics can we really natter about?

The David Greco thread is the biggest thread as it's the most interesting and Greco is discussing the one of the most important aspects of the games. It's actually a great thread to learn from. Other than that, the rest of the board is absolute trash. I hate visiting it but I have an unanswered question that won't ever be answered because nobody knows what it should be (FFB on Logitech wheels). 

Personally, I don't have much to add over here at the moment. I'm still playing F1 2021 and failing at getting faster on Assetto Corsa Comp. I was enjoying the race stories that a few members were writing up but I can't contribute because I'm on last year's game.

Sad state when I get more fun from posting over there than I do playing the game.   

and they always drop patch’s when it’s most awkward for me.. got my daughter for a few days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dancrodrigues said:

Well, you can get back to playing and posting now as they just released a patch regarding the AI. Missed your posts btw, didn't answer any but loved the way everytime you fooled 98% of people reading them¬†¬†ūüėā¬†

The only real negative in F1 22 for me was the AI speed after slow corners and they were fixing it, so fine. Maybe they already fixed it with 1.08 but as it's 9h19 here in S√£o Paulo, people from Europe may confirm ir first.

Two thinsg about F1 2021 and they may seems foolish but they're important, at least to me: the piii sound of the turbo and the burning-eyes white screens. Gosh both killed me.

@TotosHeadphones I too drive with a logitech wheel (g29) and what I feel about FFB is that it's very light at the first 2 or 3 seconds after a session start or after a pause or instant replay. After these seconds it works alright.

Yeah, that's how it should. It's a safety thing to not snap wrists on powerful direct drive wheels, not a problem when we have a weak G29! My issue is that I don't know if there should be feedback/vibration through the wheel when you lock up and accelerate. On pads you get that that feedback but with the G29 you rarely know if you're going to lock the wheels when braking, there's no signifier and with how stuff the pedals are, it makes trailbreaking horrible

@dancrodrigues desconfiava desde o princípio, porra!

@TotosHeadphones¬†for how much of a great guy David is, he could really use some extra hands and a fatter budget. Codies' FFB has always been considered subpar as far as I know on the simracing sphere, front tyres¬†only now¬†(1.06 I think?) having self-aligning torque is a bit disheartening. To this day I still miss playing on the Dualsense ūüôÉ

@ScaredDuck you joked somewhere about me going to Copacabana. Well, I'm going to Leblon! Haha if you start jogging your way South starting at Copacabana, it goes like Copacabana > Ipanema > Leblon.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, marioho said:

@TotosHeadphones¬†for how much of a great guy David is, he could really use some extra hands and a fatter budget. Codies' FFB has always been considered subpar as far as I know on the simracing sphere, front tyres¬†only now¬†(1.06 I think?) having self-aligning torque is a bit disheartening. To this day I still miss playing on the Dualsense ūüôÉ

@ScaredDuck you joked somewhere about me going to Copacabana. Well, I'm going to Leblon! Haha if you start jogging your way South starting at Copacabana, it goes like Copacabana > Ipanema > Leblon.

I‚Äôm going to Southend-on-sea ūü§ė. ¬†Proper seafront fun ūü§© ¬†Instead off sand we have stones ūüėā. ¬†¬†

As for greco dude what you say seems obvious.  I go back to when he replied to @Meza994 question about what he’d like to put in the game and he listed like a dozen things.   It’s good hes realised the benefits the community can offer and he’s listening to you meza and a few others

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, marioho said:

how much of a great guy David is, he could really use some extra hands and a fatter budget.

He most be protected at all costs! Seriously, I think (and hope) that he's not been able to implement all that he wants into F1 22 as he's focusing on a complete overhaul in F1 23. He's alluded to the overhaul but there is definitely an issue with his workload and the impact of the short development cycle. It's very easy to forget that crunch is a serious issue in the games industry. 

Did David mention that he does the FFB too? 

• Agree 1

@TotosHeadphones yep, he does FFB too. Much like Aris: when driving physics and feel converge, David is your guy.

Just asked him about Trueforce and that's not up his alley, but that's understandable. It's closer to the audio department and the support guys anyway.

But he is the one in charge of saying what forces will be translated into FFB signals and their mix.

David is a gem. I would not have the same fortitude to endure that hellish parade, oh boy.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, marioho said:

@TotosHeadphones yep, he does FFB too. Much like Aris: when driving physics and feel converge, David is your guy.

Just asked him about Trueforce and that's not up his alley, but that's understandable. It's closer to the audio department and the support guys anyway.

But he is the one in charge of saying what forces will be translated into FFB signals and their mix.

David is a gem. I would not have the same fortitude to endure that hellish parade, oh boy.

I do actually feel bad for the dude. Cause I can’t fully appreciate his work.  until they sort out the rest off the game.  Like the handling model but game just enrages me.  Hopefully the ai is fixed now and everything is balanced.   But what’s the likelihood off that?  Although he does need to fix auto gears.  My thumb killed for days after my last session. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, marioho said:

Eita caralho, ta√≠ uma que eu n√£o esperava¬†ūü§£¬†There's nothing like good ol'brazilian-portuguese.

Have to say that I'm positively surprised how you guys seems to be close to CM devs and I too go with @ScaredDuck in the sense of being unable to fully appreciate their work. Firstly because of the my Logitech G29 which doesn't allow me much but also because I started playing with a wheel only in F1 2020 so I'm taking my time learning my ways around and can't give back a in depth feedback to the discussions and posts...

BTW I'm pretty happy with myself about finally driving with no assist other than the automatic gearbox. Took these weeks when career mode was strange and played time trial until I learned everything. It's awesome to feel the car in your hands, man, that's f* good.

Edited by dancrodrigues
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dancrodrigues said:

BTW I'm pretty happy with myself about finally driving with no assist other than the automatic gearbox

I use the auto gearbox. I've only been playing 3 months but I've tried a few times to remove ABS and traction control, and I just can't do it.  Basically, I kind of can do it, but I'm 3-4 seconds slower per lap. But I don't seem to see incremental improvements, it just kinda stays with me being a great deal slower than with the assists on.

I'm certain the correct answer/response is just to keep doing it, keep practicing.  But it's tough, while I'd like to remove assists, I also just want to play and have fun on my own in MyCareer Mode too, so I guess it's a balance.

Edited by shel311
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, shel311 said:

I use the auto gearbox. I've only been playing 3 months but I've tried a few times to remove ABS and traction control, and I just can't do it.  Basically, I kind of can do it, but I'm 3-4 seconds slower per lap. But I don't seem to see incremental improvements, it just kinda stays with me being a great deal slower than with the assists on.

I'm certain the correct answer/response is just to keep doing it, keep practicing.  But it's tough, while I'd like to remove assists, I also just want to play and have fun on my own in MyCareer Mode too, so I guess it's a balance.

Get used to manual gears will make turning off other assists easier especially traction control.   Auto gears makes it almost impossible to hold gears.  And will drop you down to lower gears that make traction harder when accelerating 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, shel311 said:

I think the right answer is to do whatever works for you, if you're having fun then it's alright.

I played F1 2020 with assists on, F1 2021 on medium and now F1 22 with almost everything off. It takes effort to learn something new and I like to rest and enjoy for some time what I learned. Maybe with 23 or 24 I try gearbox on manual or learn how to build a proper setup for the races instead just looking for some on the internet.

I personnaly felt TC off easier then ABS off to learn but @ScaredDuck definetely has a point when he says that it's easier to turn assists off with gearbox on manual as you get another level of control on you traction other than just controlling the accelerator pedal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Get used to manual gears will make turning off other assists easier especially traction control.   Auto gears makes it almost impossible to hold gears.  And will drop you down to lower gears that make traction harder when accelerating 

Can you elaborate on this a bit?  And when doing so, break it down for me like I'm 5 lol. I'm new to all things F1 as of this summer.

Obviously I get the basics of it traction/ABS/manual vs auto gear shifting, but not fully understanding how the manual gear shifting would help me with traction control.

I honestly think the auto gear shifting wouldn't be THAT hard to learn from the few times I tried it out, but it's just a lot to remember and do in a race lol.

Edited by shel311

33 minutes ago, shel311 said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit?  And when doing so, break it down for me like I'm 5 lol. I'm new to all things F1 as of this summer.

Obviously I get the basics of it traction/ABS/manual vs auto gear shifting, but not fully understanding how the auto gear shifting would help me with traction control.

I honestly think the auto gear shifting wouldn't be THAT hard to learn from the few times I tried it out, but it's just a lot to remember and do in a race lol.

If you going slow and in 1st-2nd gear. When you accelerate your wheels will spin faster making it hard to keep traction.  Where if you accelerate from a slow speed in 3rd-4th gear the wheels won’t spin as fast.  Giving your rear wheels more traction.   

@marioho Can explain it better 

2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Where if you accelerate from a slow speed in 3rd-4th gear the wheels won’t spin as fast.  Giving your rear wheels more traction

Ahhhh, that's interesting. Appreciate that feedback.

@shel311 

Two quick videos for you:

Basically, torque and speed are different things. Low gears deliver more torque to the wheels, making them spin harder, while high gears allow the wheels to spin faster.

This makes sense when you really entertain the idea of your powertrain (engine + transmission + wheels + all the shafts and axles linking them all together) as one closed system. Engine speed (RPM) and power output are linked to whatever is happening to the wheels and vice versa, unless that link is briefly interrupted by engaging the clutch. 

The higher the RPM, the higher the energy being input in that system by the engine, regardless of the gear you're in. How much of the engine power output at a given RPM will be used to turn the wheels harder (torque) or turn it faster depends on the gear ratio engaged in your transmission. You know all that basic stuff: 1st gear makes your wheels turn really hard but not very fast, so only useful to launching the car or to accelerate from very slow speeds, while 8th gears will enable you to reach top speed but good luck trying to make the car move from a standstill with it engaged. But then again, the engine power being injected in the system at say 10000RPM will be the same, no matter if you're on 1st or 8th gear.

When coming out of a slow corner or from a dead stop you should be in low gears to break away from inertia and accelerate your car better. When you gain speed, you'll need to upshift to allow the wheels to spin faster.

If your car is mighty powerful (like F1 cars), sometimes you'll need to shortshift: your powertrain can deliver more torque than your grip actually is capable of supporting, so you need to upshift early to cut down on that power a bit while maintaining acceleration.

Much like a bike. You'll have a hard time getting it to move if you start on a high gear, and there comes a time when you're riding so fast that you just cannot move your legs fast enough on a low gear.

And sometimes you'll have to make a choice. Like when you're approaching a braking zone in a high RPM range, with only a short strip of tarmac to go with full throttle before hitting the brakes. Do you upshift anyway, or do you hold the gear you're in for longer? If you hold, you'll be past the optimum shifting point and the engine power output will not be as high. But if you upshift, you'll immediately be dropped to a lower RPM range and it just may be that you won't have enough time to build up speed. It all depends on what gives you a higher overall power output: stretching up your current gear beyond the shifting point or upshifting and keep on accelerating on the upper gear, albeit at a lower engine speed.  

Again with downshifting, the two key factors to have in mind are:

• Shifting always disrupts the car balance a bit, to varying degrees;
  • Engine braking. This is a huge topic on its own so just take this morsel home: lower gears allow the engine to positively slow down the wheels even more, like a third brake.

Imagine being at 150kph on a good car and wanting to slow down to 100kph without touching the brakes - i.e. coasting. If you are on say 5th gear and just let go of the throttle, you'll take like 9s to get down to 100. If you're on 1st gear it will take say 6s. That's extra stopping power working alongside your braking, all due to how the transmission works.

On lower gears you'll also be able to hug the corner tighter, with more rotation, as the engine braking helps you decelerate faster and thus tighten the turning radius.

With auto gears all that is lost. You'll upshift on at a specific time (a given engine speed or RPM), and you'll downshift at a specific time. So you cannot shortshift properly to help you with traction, cannot downshift aggressively to help you with braking and turning, and cannot hold a gear for longer coming up to a braking zone, losing in acceleration. Your shifting will be predetermined and "dumb", procedural.

You control your car with your shifting just as well as you do with your steering and pedal work ūüôÉ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep the noise down. Some of us were trying to die in peace.

How do people feel now re. the handling in F1 22 vs F1 2021? I've yet to buy F1 22 while keeping an eye on developments...

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Haha 3

• ScaredDuck changed the title to My mistake. We are alive and kicking!!